NOT AVAILABLE currently, sorry! DLG assembly service - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by olgol, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 19, 2014, 10:09 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Build Log

NOT AVAILABLE currently, sorry! DLG assembly service

Assembly of Snipes and Blasters from Kennedy Composites

A "standard" molded kit assembly - $300, shipping $60. This includes top-drive wing servos install, pushrods
(carbon or steel) or pull-cables with springs for tail control, attaching the tail feathers, installing fuselage servos,
installing a launch peg. If additional items are desired or any complications exist with the kit assembly, the price may be
a little higher. Please inquire about details and pricing for your specific kit!

Send inquiries to oleg.golovidov@gmail.com

--
Last edited by olgol; Jun 07, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2014, 10:16 PM
Oleg Golovidov

Chicco from Jiri Baudis, top-drive servos install

Pics from the servo install in the Chico wing (click to follow the post with all pics)

Feb 19, 2014, 10:38 PM
Oleg Golovidov

Fre3aK assembly

Pics from Fre3aK assembly for a customer...

The wing is very thin and a "normal" servo (Hyperion DS09) does not fit flush with the surface. The spar is located in the thickest part of the airfoil, and servos must be a little behind the spar. I had to create a ramp at the aft end of the servo which was protruding by about 1mm from the bottom surface, and made small covers with blisters for the servo arms. This was about as good as it will ever get for this thin wing.

--
Apr 05, 2017, 10:26 AM
Adam
Oleg, Why is the wing cut on each side of the wood block in the picture below? I am having trouble understanding what those cuts are for.

Oh... and if anyone wants disassembly service, I am becoming an expert at that. That service is free and I'll even ship the pieces back for free in a small box .

Jun 07, 2017, 12:27 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Oleg, Why is the wing cut on each side of the wood block in the picture below? I am having trouble understanding what those cuts are for.
Adam, sorry did not see your question. I never check my blog
The servo was thicker than the airfoil, and the rear edge of the servo was about 1 mm above the wing surface. So I made an "exit ramp" by lifting the skin to the same height as the servo body.
Jun 07, 2017, 01:10 PM
Adam
Clever. Thanks for the info . I assume you epoxied the cut carbon or something? No need to worry about weakening that area?

Quick Reply