Feb 19, 2014, 03:47 PM
SAR
Discussion

Walkera FPV iLook HD Camera. An action camera FPV ready

WALKERA NEWS: We started this thread as this camera had drawn some attention among us, an all-in-one FPV camera. Early this January, our SAR teams were informed by Walkera of this camera among other flight endurance models for search and rescue. What makes this iLook camera different from other action cameras, it is FPV ready! No extra video transmitter to install or extra battery to carry; this can translate to space saver, value for money. We have included some photos of the final development and will update again. We are also anxious to see the quality of the video, number of frames per second, range testing with a Fatshark goggle, so share with us your updates here.

Walkera FPV iLook Camera : Built-in video transmitter and Fatshark goggles compatible

Features:
HD Resolution:720*1280P(HD)
Low latency and long range FPV
FatShark compatible (multi bands)
Range with Fatshark goggle: TBA
Range with DEVO F7: TBA
Stable and high definition image transmission
Support 5.8 Ghz wireless video link to 5.8G radio/iPhone/iPad/OSD device
Quick FPV assembly with built-in video transmitter
Support output Micro SD card
Support G-2D brushless gimbal
First Person View (FPV) flight and DVR recording
Battery Life: no internal battery, connects to external battery, example main flight battery
Captures Video and Photos
Frames Per Second: 30 fps
Weight: 125g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q What is the retail pricing?
A Between USD$119.99 to USD$122

Banggood.com/~iLook+1080p
Banggood.com/~ilook
Hobbywow.com/~ilook

Q Can you trigger/control video recording on/off from a Devo F7 or 10?
A Yes, you can use Gear Switch from DEVO F7 and DEVO 10 to control the video directly.

News: 1080p coming Jun 2014
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2166204

Other Walkera new releases
GPS Plane: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2082093

* DroneMission is a Search and Rescue (SAR) team based in the USA *
Last edited by tvdrone; Jun 05, 2014 at 11:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2014, 04:53 PM
Extreme Superlative Hyper-Pro
Is this the same size and shape as a GoPro? 2 or 3?

Will it be available without the video transmitter?
Feb 19, 2014, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Moto
Is this the same size and shape as a GoPro? 2 or 3?
Will it be available without the video transmitter?
GoPro 3 from what i have seen, so it should fit other gimbals. I think video link is built-in, so don't turn it on, just like wifi on a GoPro.
Feb 20, 2014, 08:38 AM
Looks like GoPro 3 size, will it fit other GoPro 3 gimbals?

Is the video out on the back of the camera?
Feb 20, 2014, 08:59 AM
Very interested in this......
Feb 20, 2014, 09:49 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
400m with WIFI HD image??? Have fun with that...
Feb 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
It got away...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
400m with WIFI HD image??? Have fun with that...
400 m is pretty far out when you are in the air.
Feb 20, 2014, 11:21 AM
Always Excel >>>
Hi;

Is this the same camera that is made by Yuneec called C-GO?
http://c-go.com/cgo1.html

Thanks!
Feb 20, 2014, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number2
400 m is pretty far out when you are in the air.
I believe thats using the pro's wifi booster at the Tx....
Feb 20, 2014, 11:35 AM
Always Excel >>>
Can Walkera provide a comparison between GP3 and iLook on the lense and image quality?

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. How much quality am I sacrificing?
The idea is great, but does it really work? Walkera seem to have nice ideas and design but comes out short on implementation.
I'm not criticizing, just trying to set my expectation level.
Thanks!
Feb 21, 2014, 09:31 AM
SAR
Just an update, there is no WIFI on the iLook, only 5.8Ghz (sometimes it takes a few confirmation to avoid a lost in translation or a mix up with other new models.) The battery life is up-to 25 minutes, so that leads to a new question we will ask, is the camera powered by the external flight battery?. It captures Video and Photos. Walkera is currently testing the video range.
Last edited by tvdrone; Feb 22, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
Feb 21, 2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdrone
Just an update, there is no WIFI for the iLook, only 5.8Ghz (sometimes it takes a few confirmation to avoid a lost in translation or a mix up with other new models.) The battery life is up-to 25 minutes, so that leads to a new question we will ask, is the camera powered by the external flight battery?. It captures Video and Photos. Walkera is currently testing the video range.
no wifi, no deal for me. Waitin for the yuneec cgo1 instead.....
Feb 21, 2014, 09:52 AM
Always Excel >>>
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdrone
Just an update, there is no WIFI for the iLook, only 5.8Ghz (sometimes it takes a few confirmation to avoid a lost in translation or a mix up with other new models.) The battery life is up-to 25 minutes, so that leads to a new question we will ask, is the camera powered by the external flight battery?. It captures Video and Photos. Walkera is currently testing the video range.
Or can it have it's own battery and also be connected to the flight battery to overcome the 25 minutes barrier?

Second question is, will it work with Fatshark new DominatorHD Goggle in hi res?
Feb 21, 2014, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzer2u
no wifi, no deal for me. Waitin for the yuneec cgo1 instead.....
I believe WIFI video is slower and also depending on which frequency, it may interfere with the radio transmitter, unless you are using it for other applications. As a precaution, I always turn-off WIFI on my GoPro before FPV.
Last edited by surfrc; Feb 21, 2014 at 10:22 AM.
Feb 21, 2014, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrc
I believe WIFI video is slower and also depending on which frequency, it may interfere with the radio transmitter. As a precaution, I always turn-off WIFI on my GoPro before FPV.
Im lookin for a self-contained, low-latency 5.8ghz wifi to link to a nexus7/ipad for FPV with GP3-ish recording quality. No interference for my phantom 2.4ghz 1.1.1 control and a claimed 500m range. If the CGO comes to be fact, they will be sellin alot of them...