Feb 18, 2014, 10:35 PM
Gravity sucks.
Nice work. Strength is why I laminate formers from two layers of crossgrained 1/16. Super strong in all directions!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2014, 11:35 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Definitely cool!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Feb 19, 2014, 07:38 AM
Outstanding!! I'll take two. Hope the kits are done in time for pick up at SMALL.
Feb 20, 2014, 11:25 PM

C-130

Put me on your list. I am gonna love this one!
Feb 21, 2014, 09:28 AM
Retired and Lovin' it!
Looking great, Pat. I was at Ubon Thailand (72-73) where the 16th SOS operated the AC-130. I was assigned to the 601st Photo Sq. We processed the combat video from the Spectre's. Sometimes made for some interesting audio/video.

This is going to be a beaut.

Tony
Feb 23, 2014, 11:33 PM
This is really great! I'm tuned in! I've built some of your kits pat, lived them, any chance of you sending this on out to the world as kit, plans, short kit, anything?
Feb 24, 2014, 12:10 AM
96RC/3178W
I'm not done with the DC-6 yet! Gotta speed that one up to be ready for this one! Looks great!
Feb 24, 2014, 02:32 AM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Okay Pat, I totally get the Spectre.

But why an "A" model? I want one with the frickkin' 105 sticking out the aft fuse...
Feb 24, 2014, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliir
Okay Pat, I totally get the Spectre.

But why an "A" model? I want one with the frickkin' 105 sticking out the aft fuse...
The reason I didn't go for the H model is because it's overal black in color. Personally, I'd rather do the later model with the 105, but these old tired eyes can't see a black airplane in the air anymore and they're just no fun to fly -- and definitely not worth the risk of taring it up. The good news though is that being a kit, the possibilities for the builder are pretty much endless.

PAT
Feb 24, 2014, 07:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfing
Looking great, Pat. I was at Ubon Thailand (72-73) where the 16th SOS operated the AC-130. I was assigned to the 601st Photo Sq. We processed the combat video from the Spectre's. Sometimes made for some interesting audio/video.

This is going to be a beaut.

Tony
Tony, I was in Korat from Feb - Dec 75 attached to the 388th MMS supporting Spectre. We serviced the Gunships, and when they closed the base we drew the duty to pack up the gun shop and ship it off to Eglin.Left on 28 Dec and landed in Chicago on New Years Eve.

PAT
Feb 24, 2014, 07:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaringtuna
This is really great! I'm tuned in! I've built some of your kits pat, lived them, any chance of you sending this on out to the world as kit, plans, short kit, anything?
Soar, The AC-130 is definitely going to be kitted -- but I'll save the details about that for later when things get a little closer in.

PAT
Feb 24, 2014, 08:31 AM
Cut it twice, still too short
Fantastic! First new build thread from Pat since June, (one with wings anyway)! And a big 4-motor iconic beast at that (still not a
Storch though ) Let's go!

Doug
Feb 24, 2014, 11:31 AM
a must have. I've taken off many times in these but never landed in them.
Feb 24, 2014, 02:34 PM
Skylar's People
Hi Pat! It was nice to chat with you at watts up a couple of weeks ago!
Sign me up for a herk as well! (C130 avionics type myself)
Feb 24, 2014, 02:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Well....my only "claim to fame" for these planes, is that my uncle flew them, but I definitetly like the gunship version...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....

Quick Reply