Jul 19, 2014, 08:20 PM
Neophyte hacker
Yep, I understand many cities won't let RC models of any type in their parks, cars/trucks as well as flying. I do feel sorry for those who have to drive a ways to fly. Except for really small planes I have to drive 30-45 min to a flying field.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2014, 09:37 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
I guess I'm fairly lucky, It's about a 40 mile round trip for me...but my Chevy HHR will haul plenty of planes (even my 3DHS 89" Slick), and gets about 35mpg on the highway (which most of the trip is)...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Jul 19, 2014, 09:46 PM
Balsa&Tissue
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
Just curious. We fly in city parks as well. No one here restricts what we fly, the size of the fields do. We do self police against slimers, only because once people complain of the noise we all get shut out.

Does your city tell you that you have to stay within the AMA designation of a park flier?

Charlie
Charlie,

The park we fly in doesn't restrict the size or weight but I am an AMA member and they do. I believe it is still 32 ounces for AMA "Parkflyer".

Dave
Jul 19, 2014, 11:16 PM
Neophyte hacker
Just wondered. I basically ignore the AMA distinction for park flyers. Heck, even their description is bad for many parks and many others can handle much larger planes, like out Balloon Park.
Aug 10, 2014, 11:43 AM
killickb
Pat, any news on when Dare/Brodak may get this kit to market -- 2014?
Aug 14, 2014, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Pat, any news on when Dare/Brodak may get this kit to market -- 2014?
I can't offer any information regarding the developement or release dates at Dare/Brodak, but in my experience, Dare has never been one to let the grass grow under them. They usually get right with the program.

PAT
Aug 30, 2014, 03:35 AM
What next from Pat Tritle for airplanes? A redesign or the bamboo bomber, maybe? (So it can be sold since dumas isn't apparently releasing it)
Sep 15, 2014, 12:28 PM
Thread OP

Kits are On Their Way.

I got word this morning from the folks at Dare/Brodak that the AC-130 Kits are going to be released at the end of September 2014. Keep an eye out at www.brodak.com for details on the upcoming availablity and ordering details. The AC-130 project has been nearly a year in development, but in just a couple of short weeks the wait will be over. . . . .

PAT
Sep 15, 2014, 01:20 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonquinn
What next from Pat Tritle for airplanes? A redesign or the bamboo bomber, maybe? (So it can be sold since dumas isn't apparently releasing it)
jon, Funny you should mention the Bamboo Bomber; Just got the OK from Dare to get started on the "Songbird". The plans are pretty well underway from a couple years ago, so will need to look them over and figure out where we're at and take it from there. The dead has risen. . . . .

PAT
Sep 15, 2014, 02:52 PM
Senile Member
Pat, just wondering, you call the model an AC-130 as opposed to a standard C-130. Wouldn't an AC-130 have a multitude of guns sticking out the port side?

Larry
Sep 15, 2014, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
Larry, True, the AC-130A & E was the gunship versions equipped with a pair of 20MM Gatling guns up front and a pair of 40MM canons at the back. It can also be done as an H model with 20's up front, and a 40 & a 105 out back.. Just haven't finished all the finer details yet. Will need the radome up front too. The good news is the model can be built either as a Cargo bird or the Gunship, or even in the Coast Guard colors. Should be something there for everyone.

PAT
Sep 15, 2014, 03:30 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Pat

Thanks for the update. I had E mailed Brodak about 2 weeks ago and had not heard anything back from them. Will be watching for the kit release!!

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Sep 15, 2014, 10:02 PM
That's good news on the C-130 and the bamboo bomber.
I've always liked the MC-130 Combat Talon. Who will be the first to make a working RC fulton recovery system?
Sep 25, 2014, 12:52 PM
Thread OP
Just got off the phone with the guys at Dare/Brodak and was told that the AC-130 kits are ready to go and will start shipping on monday Sept. 29. Cost is $224.95. To get yours contact Terry Dean at [email protected] for ordering details.

PAT
Sep 26, 2014, 02:49 PM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Just got off the phone with Terry at Brodak and I snagged the last of the initial run of C-130 kits. Terry was completely blown away by the interest in the kit and had figured he had produced enough for a first run!! He stated that he will be doing a second run shortly and they should be available in mid October. So if you want one (and you know you do!!) you should get in touch with Terry and let him know.

He stated that the kits should ship out early next week. They are including a CD with a bunch of Pats construction photos and they are having them made up this weekend.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew

Quick Reply