Feb 18, 2014, 04:55 AM
Leon Wubbe
Thread OP
New Product

RC-Timer Pro v. 2.4 is out. An iPhone Timer App with F3J, F3K, F5J and F3B support

Hello Pilots,

A am a DLG pilot since 2006 and an iPhone Programmer since 2008.
In 2008 I started to build my first DLG timer App: RC-Timer Lite

After that, I built a Pro version with 'talking timer' functionality. This version is improved over the years and now contains all the necessary information to fly F3K tasks. The App is presented and discussed in the Hand Launch subforum here. Recently I have added functionality for F3J, F5J and F3B disciplines. Now it is time to present this App in the Sailplane - Thermal subforum too.

Download the App here: https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/rc-t...8767?l=en&mt=8

If you have any comments or questions, please post them in this thread. In this way I can improve the App and help you pilots.
Last edited by wubbe; Feb 18, 2014 at 05:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2014, 09:33 AM
Leon Wubbe
Thread OP

Version 2.5 is out

Version 2.5 is available in the App Store

The App now has full F3B support, in addition to the F3J, F5J and F3K support it already had.

Have fun!
Aug 28, 2014, 10:45 AM
Downloaded your app and I like it! Good work. My suggestions:

In addition to volume buttons it would be great if an area of the screen also worked as a button, maybe the timer area (flight time and target flight time), or make it a setting for user choice.

Thanks again
Feb 04, 2015, 04:02 PM
Leon Wubbe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot33
Downloaded your app and I like it! Good work. My suggestions:

In addition to volume buttons it would be great if an area of the screen also worked as a button, maybe the timer area (flight time and target flight time), or make it a setting for user choice.

Thanks again
Earlier versions had that possibility, but many users find it hard to start or end a flight by just tapping on the screen. The volume butons (or the small buttons of the earphone) work much better.

Why do you want to use the screen as a button?

Regards, Leon
Feb 05, 2015, 08:45 PM
JimN8UAY
Any chance for an Android version?

Jim C
Feb 12, 2015, 11:18 AM
LSFIII working on LVL IV
I love this App, it helps a lot for practice but how would I do a setup for a TD flight task, like 8 minutes flight time?
Thanks

Enrico
Feb 18, 2015, 12:26 PM
Adam
I really like this app too.

The only problem I experience with it is that the buzzer sound stays on sometimes when the timer ends. It usually happens once every competition. I have learned to try and keep the volume down so that it doesn't distract me or others when it happens. I have to manually kill the app and restart it for the sound to stop. It happens on my iphone 4, 4s, and 6+.
Mar 08, 2015, 09:23 AM
Carboweave, Ask For It By Name
I love this app for he very limited F3K contests I fly.
But I have a problem with it that I cannot seem to correct.
This is on an iPhone 4S with version 2.5 of RC Timer Pro.

It only happens in the task 1,2,3,4 minute flights

It seems that the continuous buzzing sound runs continuously when I try and time the task flight time. As soon as I stop the flight time the buzzing sound stops, but starting the timer again for a relight and the buzzing starts again.

Any ideas??

Other than that the app works great.

Thanks,

Terry
Mar 11, 2015, 05:22 PM
f5b-uk
Is there a similar timer for Android? All I need is both time elapsed and time remaining really.

Mike
Aug 20, 2015, 04:45 PM
Adam
Does this app round up to the tenth of a second when the time is stopped or does it always truncate the leftover so that a time of 10.99 will show as 10.9? There is a thread about timing accuracy in the hand launch section so I was wanting to find out how the app handles it. I am hoping it just truncates the hundredths place and would show it as 10.9
Sep 04, 2015, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimn8uay
Any chance for an Android version?

Jim C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale
Is there a similar timer for Android? All I need is both time elapsed and time remaining really.

Mike
Here are some informations about my timers for Android:

F3K Companion - a new F3K / DLG timer App for competition & training
FxJ Companion - a talking Timer for F3J / F5J competition & training

I hope they are an alternative

Kind regards
Joerg
Sep 14, 2015, 09:32 PM
Adam
Is there still development going on for this app? There is a new official task for f3k called 'Big Ladder'. It would be nice to have that in the task list to use. I depend on this app too much I think .

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2399996
Sep 30, 2015, 11:30 AM
I just tried this app on a iPhone 6 running iOS 9.01.

It installs fine but does not seem to work, I cannot change anything and the start/stop options do not work (using the volume buttons), it just seems to hang.....

Rudi
Sep 30, 2015, 12:06 PM
Adam
I am using an iphone 6 plus and it works fine with ios 9.0.1 for me.
Oct 01, 2015, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
I am using an iphone 6 plus and it works fine with ios 9.0.1 for me.
I tried both lite and pro versions on iPhone 6 and iPad 3 running iOS 9.01, same result... Maybe I am doing something wrong as the programs starts but I am not able to get the clock running using the volume controls.

Quick Reply