Feb 17, 2014, 06:22 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Dragon Link Problem (bought from RCgroups)

Hey all,

I just purchased a used combo that included a JR 9503, Dragonlink V1 TX, and 2 V1 Red 12Ch RXs all said to be upgraded to V2. I was using a friend's actual V2 setup with a futaba and everything worked great with good flight results.

First off, I have verified that the tx is connected correctly via DL website and the problem is the same on both Rxs as well as an original V2 Rx.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM:
I bind the new to me Rxs just fine with the new to me Tx. But channels are mixed up (ie the aileron stick moves the elevator, the throttle stick does nothing as far as I can see). JR is on PPM and ACRO default mode.

Has anyone seen this issue?? Do you think think the Tx as V1 firmware on it??

Please Help!
Thanks Everyone!
K9
to remove ads between posts
Feb 17, 2014, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
Update: the tx display shows the tx in the correct mode just the channel outputs are messed up
Throttle controls channel 1
Aileron channel 2
Elevator channel 3
Rudder channel 4
Feb 17, 2014, 06:57 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9rc
Update: the tx display shows the tx in the correct mode just the channel outputs are messed up
Throttle controls channel 1
Aileron channel 2
Elevator channel 3
Rudder channel 4
There were some Rx's that had the wrong channels printed on the board. Can you switch the outputs (plug the flight controls into the channel that works them) to get it to work?
Feb 17, 2014, 06:58 PM
Try swapping the channels 1 thru 8 as 8 thru 1 (reversed).
They have a label issue with certain versions.
Feb 17, 2014, 07:17 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for your responses!

I think I can get it to work by plugging in to the channels that do what i need. I just want to make sure there is not an underlying problem. I tried it on a V2 Rx that i know is printed correctly and they are still mixed.

Thanks again guys
K9
Last edited by K9rc; Feb 17, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
Feb 17, 2014, 09:16 PM
Thread OP
Just got an email from jettpilot and i will be looking into the JR tx programming more. For the record he told me V1 will not even bind to V2.

I will update when I find out what caused the problem.

Thanks for reading
Feb 17, 2014, 09:50 PM
Thread OP
Wish i could delete this thread out of pure embarrassment... as a Futaba guy I had no idea JR outputs different channel assignments. See below, you live you learn!

JR
1- Thro
2- Ail
3- Elev
4- Rudd
5- gear
6- aux1 (flap)
7- aux2 (spol)
8- Aux3
9- Aux 4
10-aux 5
11-aux 6
12-aux 7

Futaba
1 - R Aileron
2 - R Ele (V-tail)
3 - Throttle
4 - L Ele (V-tail or rud)
5 - R Flp
6 - L Flp
7 - L Aileron

K9
Last edited by K9rc; Feb 17, 2014 at 09:59 PM.

Quick Reply