Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Renault reveals concept car with a Quadcopter

See what's up ahead on the road with a deployable quadcopter

Splash

Is this the future of the road?

Renault revealed a concept car the likes of which no one has ever seen before. I'm not talking about the flashy interior that all concepts have, but never make it to production, or even a radical new power train. Nope, what makes the Renault Kwid (weird name by the way) stand out, is its built in compartment in the roof that stores a quadcopter.

Drivers would be able to push a button and launch the quad to follow or fly ahead on a programmed path. Live video would be sent down to the cars entertainment system to provide a birds eye view. This could be really cool for off roaders who want to scout out the path ahead before committing to driving it. It's a pretty outrageous idea, but who knows, this could be the future. Let us know your thoughts by replying to this post. Click here to learn more.

Feb 17, 2014, 12:20 PM
It got away...
so cool!
Feb 17, 2014, 12:33 PM
Which way is up?
But honey, it came with the car.......
Feb 17, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have always dreamt of a quad that can launch from my car to see what the traffic jam is about
Feb 17, 2014, 12:45 PM
HelicoMicro
Crash that quad ahead and you'll be assured to get stuck in the traffic
Feb 17, 2014, 01:05 PM
Yep sure would.Besides do I really wan't to see what the hold up is? (grizzly crash caught on film, can't think of anything more shameful)
Feb 17, 2014, 01:19 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbotton
Crash that quad ahead and you'll be assured to get stuck in the traffic
That gets a high five.

Anything you might have heard about Los Angeles rush hour traffic is probably true. This is whay I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

The really bad jams are given what's known as a SigAlert. Definitely best to avoid a SigAlert situation.

Regarding the car: I read that Renault actually patterned the interior after a bird's nest. Now that I've seen the interior, I believe it.

Kinda wish Renault would return to the states. My father-in-law loves French cars. He even had a Citroen before I knew him. The last French car he had was a '71 Renault 16 with - sadly - an automatic. Still, I used to enjoy driving that car!

For that matter, my '12 Nissan Sentra is a Renault Megane under the skin. Very un-Japanese switchgear and trim. Neat little car.
Last edited by DismayingObservation; Feb 17, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Feb 17, 2014, 01:50 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
What an Awesome little car. Quad is hip to.
Feb 17, 2014, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird
But honey, it came with the car.......
Hahaha! Perfect!

Your post gave me a serious chuckle.

Best,
Chris
Feb 17, 2014, 02:45 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
very cool
Feb 18, 2014, 02:37 AM
Nice "out of box" thinking...hope they make the quads for public transportation as they are so simple and fool proof! Seriously, we been driving these four wheelers for over 100 years now, it's embarrassing. Time to utalize the 3rd dimension.
Feb 18, 2014, 02:44 AM
Cool idea but I still dream of the day that I have gatling guns instead of headlights so people who cut me off have their cars reduced to smoking rubble.
Feb 18, 2014, 09:50 AM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Neat
Feb 18, 2014, 10:54 AM
Reminds me of when my brother-in-law bought a very expensive bike that had a new free VW come with it.
Feb 18, 2014, 01:13 PM
...but Speed had so many uses with his bird flying out of his Mach 5...

Quick Reply