This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 11, 2014, 01:42 AM
Where is the power for the mini iosd and FPV comming from?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 11, 2014, 09:09 PM
Thread OP
Ribbon cable no extra power is required
Mar 20, 2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the information and pictures, but I'm confused about one thing. You said remove the Power and Video cable. Do they really need to be removed? Does the 4 wire color cable get removed also?

Thanks
Mar 22, 2014, 01:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTFJR
Thanks for the information and pictures, but I'm confused about one thing. You said remove the Power and Video cable. Do they really need to be removed? Does the 4 wire color cable get removed also?

Thanks
The 4 wire color cable is what I was talking about.. That is power and video.

No this cable does not need to be removed but it would be wise to do so.
Mar 23, 2014, 08:00 PM
Does this procedure apply to Phantom V1.1.1 with upgrade kit and H32D installed?
I am looking to install the AVL58 and iOSD mini.

Mmmm...P2 has a can bus socket in the compass P1 hasn't.
Last edited by marciano; Mar 23, 2014 at 08:18 PM.
Mar 23, 2014, 08:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciano
Does this procedure apply to Phantom V1.1.1 with upgrade kit and H32D installed?
I am looking to install the AVL58 and iOSD mini.

Mmmm...P2 has a can bus socket in the compass P1 hasn't.
I don't think so. P2 board has a bit more logic.
Mar 25, 2014, 09:51 AM
Here's a tutorial to manually add a CAN bus port to V1 phantom:
http://www.sarawuth.com/2014/01/dji-...-can-bus-port/
It would be interesting to confirm FPV hub can or cannot be used with V1+Upgrade Kit+H32D Gimbal because of the logic.
Mar 29, 2014, 12:06 PM
Blade I have the immersion 5.8ghz Tx. Is it possible to do this install internally so the hub and iOSD are hidden?
Mar 31, 2014, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyacg
Blade I have the immersion 5.8ghz Tx. Is it possible to do this install internally so the hub and iOSD are hidden?
The only concern I would be worried about is the cable length from the h3-2d to the hub. The included wire is pretty short. You will just have to try it and let us know :-)
Mar 31, 2014, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
The only concern I would be worried about is the cable length from the h3-2d to the hub. The included wire is pretty short. You will just have to try it and let us know :-)
I ordered the FPV hub and an additional set of wiring for the Phantom 2 from All e RC.

I have a couple ideas in mind and will share photos as soon as the new toys arrive
Mar 31, 2014, 12:32 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I ordered the FPV hub and an additional set of wiring for the Phantom 2 from All e RC.

I have a couple ideas in mind and will share photos as soon as the new toys arrive
Please keep us updated.. it definitely will make for a clean install.
Mar 31, 2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Please keep us updated.. it definitely will make for a clean install.
The second set of cables I ordered include a 180mm Zenmuse cable - if its long enough to get everything inside, then I should be fine hiding everything inside...

Question - should I mount the Immersion Tx to the right side of the battery (if you're looking right at the battery in the Phantom? I've heard a few people mention that the left side of the battery tray may affect the vTx because of possible heat dispersement from the battery connection?
Mar 31, 2014, 05:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
The second set of cables I ordered include a 180mm Zenmuse cable - if its long enough to get everything inside, then I should be fine hiding everything inside...

Question - should I mount the Immersion Tx to the right side of the battery (if you're looking right at the battery in the Phantom? I've heard a few people mention that the left side of the battery tray may affect the vTx because of possible heat dispersement from the battery connection?
That I don't know.. I wouldn't think there would be heat from the battery connection though
Apr 10, 2014, 01:41 PM
Blade strike-Great write up and tutorial--helped me a bunch! While I am anxiously awaiting for my H3-3D gimbal from my dealer to arrive (who knows when they will ship) , I have the identical setup as you posted with the AVL58 TX and the FPVhub/mini iOsd. Is it possible for me to tap the black and yellow cable coming from my GoPro3+ to somewhere in this setup so that I can experience FPV today? Would splicing those wires into the VTX work?
Apr 21, 2014, 01:45 PM
Did you use velcro to attach the hub, mini iosd, avl5.8 to the p2?

Quick Reply