This thread is privately moderated by blade strike, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 16, 2014, 04:19 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Mini-HowTo

Dji fpv hub

I received my DJI FPV HUB last week so I thought I would show how to install it. The FPV HUB allows you to connect a Mini iOSD or MarkII , h3-2d and AVL58 w/o the need of soldering. The hub is super small and lightweight, I saved 5 grams by installing it. My old wire harness was 10g vs 5g of the fpv hub and ribbon cables.

Before The Install:

After Install

The FPV HUB is very small

First thing I did was open up the P2 so I could remove the Power and Video cable. Please remove the four screws per arm. This step is not required but in my opinion you should remove the wire harness.

Once all 16 screws are removed, remove the top cover and unplug the GPS. Now we need to unplug the cable shown below.

Once the cable is removed, go ahead and plug the GPS back in and reinstall the top cover.

I installed the FPV HUB on top of the Mini iOSD.

Now just plug in the AVL, Gimbal and iOSD. Make sure you select either Video or OSD with the micro switch. When not using an OSD leave this switch in the video position.

DJI does include a cable for the Mark II and a power / video out cable incase you use another brand of vTX. If you have any question or need help just post or send a PM
Last edited by blade strike; Feb 25, 2014 at 05:40 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2014, 05:10 PM
Team Futaba
You make it look so easy, nice job.
Feb 19, 2014, 09:13 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSpaced
You make it look so easy, nice job.
Thanks Chris but DJI made it that easy

I thought there would be more involved but the hardest part is to open the shell and remove the one plug.. That's not even necessary
Latest blog entry: DJI CrystalSky
Feb 19, 2014, 07:15 PM
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for posting this!
Feb 20, 2014, 12:20 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
No problem
Feb 20, 2014, 07:16 PM
Team Futaba
You inspired me to convert my P2 over to the fpv hub.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...8#post27571275
Feb 21, 2014, 09:37 AM
DJI Testing / US Support
Awesome Chris

Makes for such a clean install imho
Feb 26, 2014, 10:10 AM
A quick question as I am new to my P2 and I just bought the kit...

By removing the cable inside of the P2 In your pictures what is the cable coming out of the P2 that is connecting to the hub. Is this a new cable??
I think I am asking... where is the power coming from to power the hub and then other devices. (gimbal, iOSDmini & AVL58 I am not clear if need to plug in new cable or use an existing cable from the P2.

Thanks for the help !!!!
Feb 27, 2014, 11:51 PM
The only cable you need that comes from the Phantom is the gray one that connects to the zenmuse. With the hub it connects to the hub instead of the zenmuse. The a supplied cable goes from the hub to the zenmuse. Another supplied cable goes from the hub to the avl58 and another to the iOSD mini. The red, yellow, brown cable that comes out of the Phantom can be removed. I hope that makes sense :-)
Feb 28, 2014, 12:10 PM
Perfect... thanks for the help on the cable explanation !!!

Happy Flying !!!!
Feb 28, 2014, 01:41 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griggs2121
The only cable you need that comes from the Phantom is the gray one that connects to the zenmuse. With the hub it connects to the hub instead of the zenmuse. The a supplied cable goes from the hub to the zenmuse. Another supplied cable goes from the hub to the avl58 and another to the iOSD mini. The red, yellow, brown cable that comes out of the Phantom can be removed. I hope that makes sense :-)
Thanks for answering that one for me Griggs
Mar 03, 2014, 03:50 PM
on off subject... with DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal is it an issue doing compass calibration and the gimbal on... will this hurt the gimbal motors when one turns the P2 on the side and rotates for the calibration procedure??
I tend to do a calibration before each flight due to new locations.
Mar 03, 2014, 05:02 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by stldrone
on off subject... with DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal is it an issue doing compass calibration and the gimbal on... will this hurt the gimbal motors when one turns the P2 on the side and rotates for the calibration procedure??
I tend to do a calibration before each flight due to new locations.
If the Zenmuse feels like it is over driving the motors (like when you tip it up sideways) it will shut off into protection mode (goes limp). You can then do your calibration, set it down, and within a minute the Zen will reinitialize.
Mar 08, 2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks for posting this tutorial blog entry!

One small improvement would be to edit your text regarding the ribbon cable removal to make clear that it is the 4-wire multi-color cable that is to be removed. The circle in the picture could be mis-interpreted to include both ribbon cables.

Steve
Mar 10, 2014, 03:07 PM
What cable is the GOpro hdmi cable? Does the zen still stabilze ok with it?