Feb 18, 2014, 03:39 AM
np Its not so much a matter of not noticing its there, it is switching from one focal depth to another. In between, you can get stereo tearing, and your brain has to remerge the image. Affects some people more than others.

OT, but speaking of stereo, I'm really impressed with castAR. Not applicable to this hobby, but awesome nonetheless. Have you checked it out?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2014, 03:39 AM
@ solars
that would be a question for Egor about side by side, he is looking to produce the best product he can so who knows.
there are lots of good goggles out there that will work with this camera, as long as they fit your IPD ( the distance between your eyes) the EVG 920v's are a great choice, and can be had at a pretty good price.
personally I prefer the headplay i know some people don't like them for various reasons, but i have 2 pair as well as a pair of the EVG922's and i love them. once i made a shield to keep light out they worked great.
i am still wondering why produce a goggle with such limited capability in the 3D area, i think we may see them come out with there own 3d camera after the goggles are out and they know the market is there.
side by side also requires more bandwidth, and I think it is better suited to HD display
Feb 18, 2014, 03:41 AM
@ rotarola,
no i have not can you post a link.
Feb 18, 2014, 03:50 AM
@ rotarola,
i do understand the problem as your describing it. the old transformers cameras had this problem bad, but with the new blackbird i find it to be a very easy change when i look at it but as you said it effects some more than others, with my old setup on my tbs disco i only used the OSD when I was viewing from the gopro because of it, so i totally understand what your saying
Feb 18, 2014, 03:50 AM
col thanks for the link i will check it out
Feb 18, 2014, 12:27 PM
the castAR is a pretty cool little device, i like it.
probably could not be adapted to fpv directly, but it might be a cool way to display your flight path in a 3d map like environment similar to Google earth, for a ground station aplication
Feb 18, 2014, 04:38 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Are these cmos cameras?
Feb 18, 2014, 04:47 PM
yes they are CMOS camera sensors they are 525lines each
Feb 18, 2014, 04:49 PM
they are also planing to make a limited production run of wide view lens cameras, Also i think the lenses will be available as an upgrade if you have a camera and wish to add them to it
Feb 18, 2014, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trypilot View Post
they are also planing to make a limited production run of wide view lens cameras, Also i think the lenses will be available as an upgrade if you have a camera and wish to add them to it
Out of curiousity, is there a technical reason for choosing cmos over ccd?
My personal experience has ccd with a generally better quality image...
Please excuse my electronics ignorance
Feb 18, 2014, 06:03 PM
that is an excellent question,
i do not know why CMOS, over CCD, i will find out and let you know
i like CCD for the better low light performance, i think the LUX rating on these is 3.0.
this however seems to be the case with most 3d cameras i have used, they are all CMOS, and have high LUX ratings, with poor low light visibility. but the image otherwise is crisp, clear, with bright colors.
Feb 18, 2014, 06:32 PM
------------------------
Nice camera.

Most new 3D capable goggles expect a side by side squeezed format. Field sequential is an older 3D format that works best with the EVG 920.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...yewear&_sop=15

This is what I have used for several years flying with EMR Labs 3DCAMFPV. I am 99% sure the cinemizer does not support field sequential.

phil
Feb 18, 2014, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trypilot View Post
that is an excellent question,
i do not know why CMOS, over CCD, i will find out and let you know
i like CCD for the better low light performance, i think the LUX rating on these is 3.0.
this however seems to be the case with most 3d cameras i have used, they are all CMOS, and have high LUX ratings, with poor low light visibility. but the image otherwise is crisp, clear, with bright colors.
Please do let me know
I have used some of the better cmos cams on pusher props/edf, they certainly aren't bad, but honestly, they don't have the image quality of ccd.
Also I enjoy scale fpv, and there is nothing at all scale staring at cmos venetian blinds when looking through a tractor prop.
If ccd was an option, I'd be keen to try a set, assuming they'd work with my HeadPlay goggs.
Feb 18, 2014, 07:10 PM
subscribed!

KFM

Quick Reply