This thread is privately moderated by Raymond-leflyr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 16, 2014, 09:35 AM
Hey, watch this!
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Book Review; Emelio Bronti’s “Withering Heights”

This epic tale of love and denial was born in a time when different social classes were kept strictly separated – and yet these two impetuous young people would let no mere polite conventions make them keep their eyes on the ground. Follow the tale of two star-crossed lovers of things altitudinous through their ups and downs - soaring flights to humiliating crashes – and finally to – well you’ll just have to buy the book.

The author has refused to reveal the sources and inspiration for this ground-breaking work – but regardless, it remains the sole and only account of the true beginnings of our beloved hobby/sport – R/C Sailplanes. So, find a copy of this literary classic and prepare yourself to plunge into the very souls of Keith-Kliff and Kate.

As a conscientious reviewer, I cannot allow myself to divulge the most riveting passages to you, dear reader. However, I will tease you with the following exchange that takes place in the very first chapter.

“Oh Keith-Kliff, this wondrous model you have built makes me all warm – deep inside!”
“Stifle yourself Kate, and watch me hurl it off this castle turret with my suntanned, muscular right arm.”
“Oh Keith-Kliff!”

Later towards the end of the saga where there may be a glorious ending waiting for you – or not (heh, heh) – I tease you again with quotes directly from the book.

“Oh Keith-Kliff, what insightful and clever name will you give to this launching mechanism you have so brilliantly devised?”
“. . . I will call it . . . the High Start.”
“Oh Keith-Kliff, you make me feel all warm – deep inside!”

Can’t wait to see how this story turns out can you? Well, I must apologize for tormenting you with the previous snippets but I knew they would make you feel all warm . . . and well, you know. So, leave RCG and log on to your favorite online book seller and order a copy of “Withering Heights” (and some highlighters to underscore your favorite passages to enjoy again and again). Then go lock your workshop door until you have found out how Keith-Kliff and Kate became the Orbert and Wilvil of modern R/C Sailplaning. (Please, please no need to thank me.)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2014, 01:44 PM
Isn't there a chapter where the evil Rajoul tries to stifle the star crossed lovers of powerless flight by introducing them to the Black Widow?
Feb 19, 2014, 07:18 AM
Hey, watch this!
Thread OP
Hmmm, "powered flight". A sequel perhaps? Makes me feel . . . all warm . . . deep inside.
Feb 19, 2014, 10:40 AM
If this is a French tragedy I'm sure the seductive power of the mysterious Li'po might also have generated a few sparks as well.
Mar 04, 2014, 08:47 AM
"Li-Po" French? Never! He is the hero of a Chinese saga about production.

Speaking of "Bron-" I'm reminded that Charles Bronson was a gunner on a B-29 in WWII. Was awarded a Purple Heart. I don't think he wrote a novel. Maybe some letters.

Jim R.
Mar 05, 2014, 07:57 AM
Quote:
"Li-Po" French? Never! He is the hero of a Chinese saga about production.
Oooohh, I get it now. Is he related to the Kung Foo Panda? Also of the Po family and member of the Lo Fly clan.

Hmmm, LoFly isn't much of a stretch from LeFly...coincidence???

Quick Reply