This thread is privately moderated by springer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 13, 2014, 08:18 PM
treefinder
Thread OP
Discussion

More oddities!

Started a thread on this one in the Scratchbuilt foamies forum, but figured it should take a place here on the blog as well. Several years ago, I downloaded the "plans" for the Mystery Tailless Bipe. they were two letter size sheets of a stick and tissue freeflight version of this somewhat wierd looking plane. Always wanted to make an rc version. Well, this cold snowy winter had got me thinking of indoor planes that will fly inside a gym, so I threw together a twenty two inch span version. Fascinating plane, I set it up with elevons, and balanced CG at 25% of the total wing area aft of Lead wing LE. The thing flys really well. Here's the thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=mysteri

I can motor around the gym nicely, although it's not as maneuverable as all the nutballs that surround it, but fun anyway. The 5gm motor isn't exactly a powerhouse, but it gets it flying ok for a 5 minute flight.

Here's the vimeo vid:
Mystery Tailless Bipe recreated in 22" span Model Plane Foam (1 min 33 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 26, 2014, 11:23 AM
Bipes Rule!

Flyin feild

What a beautiful place to fly!!!!!!! Is this your home? Wow. I absolutely love your avitar tree flyer!!!!! Everyone I show laughs their you know what's off!

Quick Reply