Sep 06, 2016, 12:09 PM
CX20 internals F450 frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesMcK
The compass are usually 5 to 10.00 us....not expensive, and check it to be sure the cable is plugged up properly, sometimes it dont get fully seated
Also be absolutely sure the compass polarity is right.
It's instant brick if it gets reversed.
(I'm on my second compass module.)
-Bill
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2016, 06:45 PM

Cx20 is great

Just got one. Flies great. Only set back is landing gear needs adjustments to make better. But nothing too serious. Powerful. Agile. Best part is being able to put a new body on if you crash it.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:17 PM
The Rc Reviewer
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).
Dec 08, 2016, 04:10 AM
Hey guys,

I've been doing some research on a decent GPS drone and the Cheerson CX20 has caught my eye for its price it doesn't seem bad at all. I've looked and looked and can't seem to make up my mind.
Here's what im looking for:

- Must have GPS, fail safe, RTH, altitude hold.
- NOT looking for a racer / stunt. Something more for future FPV flying and ariel video.
- A decent controller (HObby grade)
- Good range

My budget is about $250 AUD or so.

Would you guys still recommend the Cheerson CX20.? It seems to be a good drone for its $$ value.

Is there any other drones in this price range that i can look at?

Thanks for any help
Jake
Dec 08, 2016, 09:52 AM
Hi Jake,

The CX-20 is a good starting platform, but I'll be honest it's a little rough around the edges and you'll have to add future parts to get FPV and telemetry data to a ground station. Not to mention the camera and gimbal if you want good, stable video.

I'm not a DJI fanboy and I don't own any of their products, but if you can save up a few more dollars and look at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard model I think you'll be much happier. It comes out of the box with all of your GPS functions, but also includes live video and telemetry to your smart device from the included 2.7k camera with gimbal. I think if you want something reliable that you can get up and flying, the Phantom is a better option. Right now you can maybe find one for under $500 AUD. If you're set on getting into the hobby where you'd like to tweak and add components yourself, the Cheerson is a good basic model.

When the entry point for a DJI Phantom was $900USD+, I'd say Cheerson all day long. But with the prices coming so close together I have to say the DJI would be more bang for the buck.

John
Dec 08, 2016, 10:31 AM
"Learn or Burn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkcizur
Hi Jake,

The CX-20 is a good starting platform, but I'll be honest it's a little rough around the edges and you'll have to add future parts to get FPV and telemetry data to a ground station. Not to mention the camera and gimbal if you want good, stable video.

I'm not a DJI fanboy and I don't own any of their products, but if you can save up a few more dollars and look at the DJI Phantom 3 Standard model I think you'll be much happier. It comes out of the box with all of your GPS functions, but also includes live video and telemetry to your smart device from the included 2.7k camera with gimbal. I think if you want something reliable that you can get up and flying, the Phantom is a better option. Right now you can maybe find one for under $500 AUD. If you're set on getting into the hobby where you'd like to tweak and add components yourself, the Cheerson is a good basic model.

When the entry point for a DJI Phantom was $900USD+, I'd say Cheerson all day long. But with the prices coming so close together I have to say the DJI would be more bang for the buck.

John
I'm a long term owner of a few Quanum Novas,which are almost exactly the same,and I agree with everything you said there.If someone wants an education in electronics and mechanical parts of a flying machine the CX-20 is a brilliant place to start.But if all you want to do is fly and film then a P3 or above is the way to go especially as the prices have come closer.To get a CX-20 up to the ability of a P3 will cost the same amount or more but you will get that education.

I'm thinking of getting one myself but I have got around 7 or 8 other copters to play with.Big ones.
Dec 14, 2016, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkcizur
Hi Jake,

John
Hi cjkcizur,

Thank-you for the honest reply. After wrestling with your answer and giving it some much needed thought i decided to spend a bit more and get something that i can really grow into for video, filming and fpv. Whilst looking at some very cool videos on the dji 3/4 i stumbled upon the "Autel X-star Premium".

People are even holding it close to a P4. Its got a 4k camera with a 3d gimbal ofcourse and a whole bunch of awesome features. I decided to bite the bullet and got a deal here on ebay in Australia. Their customer support is excellent and so is the quality of this drone.
It was a tough decision against the p4 but after giving it some thought like i said, I'd rather spend a bit more and get something GREAT

And thats what i did... Thanks guys for the help. Can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Jake
Jan 03, 2017, 01:59 PM
Hi guys, i need your opinion about the purchase that i´m thinking to do of a used cheerson CX-20, the price for it is $115 dollars, it include 2 props set one new, 3 batteries 2 of these are new, two chargers, fpv sistem, gimbal, a new case because the original was damaged after a crash and the only issues that it have is a damage esc that cost 19 on ebay, what you think about it, here i have a picture,
Feb 28, 2017, 08:39 PM
COFPV Addict
I'm asking for a friend who is not on the forum.

He has a CX-20 that tilts hard over on launch and he says he has to hold the stick all the way over to the left to get it to hover. Anyone else having this problem?
Mar 04, 2017, 09:12 AM
CX20 internals F450 frame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuckin
I'm asking for a friend who is not on the forum.

He has a CX-20 that tilts hard over on launch and he says he has to hold the stick all the way over to the left to get it to hover. Anyone else having this problem?
It should lift straight up, so something is wrong.
First, check that the Transmitter trims are centered.
Then do the accelerometer calibration.
Apr 20, 2017, 08:30 AM

Cheap CX-20

I found a BNF cx-20 at Buddy RC for $150.00, so i had to buy one.
Apr 20, 2017, 08:36 AM
"Learn or Burn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by okudhama
I found a BNF cx-20 at Buddy RC for $150.00, so i had to buy one.
I can see that.

Seen this ? It's slightly outdated in places but not the main points.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...o#post33119075

Any questions - The Big Thread.Nt worth readin all 5,000 pages or 175,000 posts but it's very active for any questions https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nder&page=5014

The white wire is meant to be cut.Remember that and you'll sound like an expert.
Nov 25, 2017, 03:06 AM
Mr. Jagger,
has anyone looked at this new 10 channel "JUMPER" Tx to be a possible substitute for the Quanum Nova transmitter for the Nova and the CX-20?
It is from Banggood.com and can handle almost all 2.4GHz transmitter protocols:
RF Chip Data
Cyprus Semiconductor CYRF6936: DSM/DSMX, Walkera Devo
Texas Instruments CC2500: FrSky, Futaba SFHSS
Amiccom A7105: FlySky, FlySky AFHDS2A, Hubsan
Nordic Semiconductor NRF24L01: HiSky, Syma, ASSAN and most other Chinese models
Macnufacturer RF Chip Example Protocols
Cyprus Semiconductor CYRF6936 DSM/DSMX
Walkera Devo
J6Pro
Texas Instruments CC2500 FrSky
Futaba SFHSS
Amiccom A7105 Flysky
Flysky AFHDS2A
Hubsan
Nordic Semiconductor NRF24L01 HiSky
Syma
ASSAN
and most other Chinese models
Has anyone looked into this as substitute for Quanum Nova?
tjcooper
Nov 25, 2017, 03:32 AM
"Learn or Burn"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcooper
Mr. Jagger,
has anyone looked at this new 10 channel "JUMPER" Tx to be a possible substitute for the Quanum Nova transmitter for the Nova and the CX-20?
It is from Banggood.com and can handle almost all 2.4GHz transmitter protocols:
RF Chip Data
Cyprus Semiconductor CYRF6936: DSM/DSMX, Walkera Devo
Texas Instruments CC2500: FrSky, Futaba SFHSS
Amiccom A7105: FlySky, FlySky AFHDS2A, Hubsan
Nordic Semiconductor NRF24L01: HiSky, Syma, ASSAN and most other Chinese models
Macnufacturer RF Chip Example Protocols
Cyprus Semiconductor CYRF6936 DSM/DSMX
Walkera Devo
J6Pro
Texas Instruments CC2500 FrSky
Futaba SFHSS
Amiccom A7105 Flysky
Flysky AFHDS2A
Hubsan
Nordic Semiconductor NRF24L01 HiSky
Syma
ASSAN
and most other Chinese models
Has anyone looked into this as substitute for Quanum Nova?
tjcooper
Not as far as I am aware.But I fly my Novas with a Taranis and various RXs.I'm not sure it will bind with the stock RX which is a Flysky protocol but not a well documented part of the CX-20.Is it cheap ?
Dec 01, 2017, 11:09 AM

Refuses to arm unless connected to Mission Planner

Does anyone have an idea what may be the problem when my CX 20 refuses to arm unless it's connected to Mission Planner by USB (with or without LIPO battery) ? If I plug in the LiPo with MP connected everything is fine-I get motors running. Dataflash and telemetry when connected to MP look fine as far as I can tell (although not to familiar with troubleshooting using them). Seems there must be a voltage problem somewhere if everything can work in MP but not when disconnected. Before I start swapping parts with my working CX 20 I thought I'd look for suggestions for what else to check.

Quick Reply