Mar 15, 2004, 04:02 PM

Start Depron Profile DH-108 Pusher

Starting a Depron Profile DH-108 pusher. I'm making this for a friend.
Going with DD GWS IPS motor/heat sink, micro servos, a micro FMA Direct elect. mixer for elevons. The last profile I made was a
MiG-17 I used an EDF-50 in.
I've always liked the DH-108 Swallow a few years back I made a 36" WS all foam speed 400 one. It few great until I whacked her after an uncontrolable spin. (it did that twice on me) I just need to epoxy it back together but I'm not into speed 400 any more.

Any way this one has a 25" WS AUW expected to be 6.0 oz. or less. At this point with gear it's 4.2 oz.
I plan on 2 cell 1020 LiPoly. I'm not sure if she'll fly with this set up but I'm going to give it a shot.
I also am still working on the Depron Shinen and thanks to Vyceroy (Ron) for posting the info. I got the paper model WWII,(including a Horton wing and great Me-109's) and The Flying Bombs CD's from D. Barnett in KY.
Pete
to remove ads between posts
Mar 15, 2004, 04:03 PM
Mar 15, 2004, 04:05 PM
Mar 15, 2004, 04:11 PM
The 108 will have undercambered wings with 1/8" CF stiffners. I used 4.5mm food trays as usual for the wings and also this time for the fuselage since it's a profile. I also added a 1/8" CF stiffner down the center of the fuselage then placed a 3mm Depron foam layer over each side of the 4.5 mm fuselage.
Pete
Mar 15, 2004, 04:18 PM
Foam rules
mtflyr, thats really super. If you run into trouble getting it to fly build it out of blue core. I build my smaller 26-28" span conventionals out of it with a all up of 3-4oz. I also only use 340ma poly's which is a big savings there. I hope it flys well for you cause it sure looks good.