This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 11, 2014, 06:38 PM
What Do You Drive?
Thread OP
Discussion

Drones Create New Ethical Minefields For Journalists

In Hartford CT, a drone got to the fatal car accident faster than the police. This seems to be happening frequently. Police are concerned that video footage will be seen by family.

Now let's examine that statement, do they really think the pilot will be insensitive enough to post a fatal accident on YT THEN contact the unknown family. There's much more interesting vids to watch on YT.

I will be the first to admit that many people are unable to effectively use their pre-frontal cortex, do stupid things all the time like smoking, drinking, drugs, run with scissors, resist arrest, carry a gun into airports, frequently break social convention and then fly a DJI Phantom 450 out of their 10 story apartment window only to crash and burn onto a busy New York sidewalk below.

The evening local news has cornered death, murder and robbery which I never watch. I prefer my violence tastefully done on HBO and Cinemax.

The article continues to say that people can become targets of media attention with the use of drones. Freelance videographers already have that angle covered on TMZ so I don't see the big deal. Who wants to see the top of Candice Swanepoel's head when cameras flashing a few feet away at eye level do a much better job at exhibiting perfection.

This entire article seems to be a joke, I guess the free lance writer at AP didn't have anything better to write about that day. Perhaps he needs a hobby.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...m_hp_ref=media
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply