Apr 16, 2015, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirlink
are you sure youve a faulty servo?
did you enable and configure the Intelligent Gear function in the assistant FIRST, then connect the gear to F1 on the A2??
Yes everything is connected on the drone. Have it mapped to a switch and getting signal to the A2 in assistant. When I try to calibrate the right side moves a few inches the left one doesn't move at all. Then lights on landing gear in drone turns yellow and stops. Tried 10 times to calibrate. Does same thing all the time. The battery cable also gets warm like there is a short with servo try to pull too much power. Does it need to be in Intelligent On to calibrate? Had turned to off so would work with just the switch on up to go up.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2015, 11:29 AM
Academy of Model Aeronautics
Hi..you are screwed. you can't buy the servo separately. I did a YouTube about the problem. I even got a new one (whole assembly) and that was bad and I have not been able to get a replacement through the dealer, Century Helicopter in San Jose. I did get an RMA and continue to check but keep getting stalled...anyway, below is my YouTube. Which servo is bad? It's possible I have an extra left one but I have to go thorugh my parts.
DJI S 1000 left landing gear issue (5 min 47 sec)

DJI S1000 Left gear servo (0 min 33 sec)

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHracing
Anyone?
Apr 16, 2015, 11:43 AM
Hey RH..one other thing to try..it's possible (emphasize possible) that the servo is wound the wrong way and it cant move...try taking the servo, put it in the spline but dont use the screws...try turning the servo, take it out, put it back in, do it again a few times (reverse if you went the wrong way). If the servo travel is too far one way and doesnt let the servo do its full rotation then that could cause it too...hope the above makes sense and save you $$. Dont forget to calibrate before testing again each time. Also smell the servo..if it smells burnt then it probably is. Also, how did this all begin?
Good luck
Dennis

Quote:
Yes everything is connected on the drone. Have it mapped to a switch and getting signal to the A2 in assistant. When I try to calibrate the right side moves a few inches the left one doesn't move at all. Then lights on landing gear in drone turns yellow and stops. Tried 10 times to calibrate. Does same thing all the time. The battery cable also gets warm like there is a short with servo try to pull too much power. Does it need to be in Intelligent On to calibrate? Had turned to off so would work with just the switch on up to go up.
Apr 17, 2015, 12:23 PM
RANT: Sorry about this but I want to pass on my experience I just had. I had a left landing gear servo go out on my S1000. Like the above posts mention you cant just buy the servo, you have to buy the whole assembly so I did at something like $370 from Century Helicopters in San Jose. When I got it, I plugged it in to test and low and behold it didnt work either. I took the servo off and put it on a servo tester which also showed it was dead. I called Century and got an RMA sometime back in April/May last year. In the meantime I had to purchase another assembly which i got from Empire and it worked fine. I kept checking on the returned one and got stalled. Finally yesterday I was told the repair would not be covered as a non-warranty item even though it was brand new out of the box, almost a year later...so, Blade/Ed anyone have any ideas?
Apr 17, 2015, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Placerville
Also smell the servo..if it smells burnt then it probably is. Also, how did this all begin?
Good luck
Dennis
Well it's funny that you ask. As I was resetting up some things and the assistant. My daughter walked by and hit the landing gear while it was sitting on the table. Needless to say, it's slam down on to the table flat.since then it hasn't really worked correctly, actually at all. I'm sure it probably stripped the servo or cause some other damage to it. Nothing is broken, The landing gear just doesn't work. During alignment the right-hand side move slightly, then a solid yellow light comes on with in a few seconds.
Apr 17, 2015, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
RANT: Sorry about this but I want to pass on my experience I just had. I had a left landing gear servo go out on my S1000. Like the above posts mention you cant just buy the servo, you have to buy the whole assembly so I did at something like $370 from Century Helicopters in San Jose. When I got it, I plugged it in to test and low and behold it didnt work either. I took the servo off and put it on a servo tester which also showed it was dead. I called Century and got an RMA sometime back in April/May last year. In the meantime I had to purchase another assembly which i got from Empire and it worked fine. I kept checking on the returned one and got stalled. Finally yesterday I was told the repair would not be covered as a non-warranty item even though it was brand new out of the box, almost a year later...so, Blade/Ed anyone have any ideas?
Send my a PM with their response and I will escalate it through DJI LA.
Apr 17, 2015, 03:32 PM
Ok...first check your assistant and see if your gear got set to intelligent. If its set to manual then try this (it's a 1000 right?)..block up your machine...unplug the servo, unscrew the servo (4 screws). Pull it off. Unplug the cable that goes from the L on your landing gear assembly to the board. (You'll see L and R) Plug your servo into the L. Power up the battery and activate the gear. See if the spline on the servo moves when you activate the gear . Also inspect the spline to see if it did get stripped but I kind of doubt it. It just may be positioned to the opposite side of where it should be when it folded up. If your servo is not moving then that pretty much tells you what you need to know. Also when plugging in to the L, make sure the plug is in the right direction. Make sure you have enough room so when you pull the gear up the right gear doesnt hit anything. Make sure your gimbal is disconnected so it doesnt hit anything when blocked up. Note, if this works and you go to calibrate, the gear doesnt move very much so dont be concerned about that. See my YouTube above. Good luck

Quote:
Well it's funny that you ask. As I was resetting up some things and the assistant. My daughter walked by and hit the landing gear while it was sitting on the table. Needless to say, it's slam down on to the table flat.since then it hasn't really worked correctly, actually at all. I'm sure it probably stripped the servo or cause some other damage to it. Nothing is broken, The landing gear just doesn't work. During alignment the right-hand side move slightly, then a solid yellow light comes on with in a few seconds.
Last edited by 1Placerville; Apr 17, 2015 at 03:43 PM.
Apr 17, 2015, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Ok...first check your assistant and see if your gear got set to intelligent. If its set to manual then try this (it's a 1000 right?)..block up your machine...unplug the servo, unscrew the servo (4 screws). Pull it off. Unplug the cable that goes from the L on your landing gear assembly to the board. (You'll see L and R) Plug your servo into the L. Power up the battery and activate the gear. See if the spline on the servo moves when you activate the gear . Also inspect the spline to see if it did get stripped but I kind of doubt it. It just may be positioned to the opposite side of where it should be when it folded up. If your servo is not moving then that pretty much tells you what you need to know. Also when plugging in to the L, make sure the plug is in the right direction. Make sure you have enough room so when you pull the gear up the right gear doesnt hit anything. Make sure your gimbal is disconnected so it doesnt hit anything when blocked up. Note, if this works and you go to calibrate, the gear doesnt move very much so dont be concerned about that. See my YouTube above. Good luck
Thanks for ideas!!!! I will try this!!! I found the back of two kithchen chairs works well to block up! its a pain that it takes two to do calabration! Maybe the servo position skipped when it belly flopped and just needs to be pulled out and repositioned..... But my luck is........ SERVOS DEAD.
Apr 17, 2015, 08:30 PM
Did you check your Assistant to see if your gear is set to Intelligent mode? If it is the gear will not come up until you are at something like 20 feet (cant remember exactly). If its set to Intelligent mode change it to manual

Quote:
Thanks for ideas!!!! I will try this!!! I found the back of two kithchen chairs works well to block up! its a pain that it takes two to do calabration! Maybe the servo position skipped when it belly flopped and just needs to be pulled out and repositioned..... But my luck is........ SERVOS DEAD.
Apr 20, 2015, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Did you check your Assistant to see if your gear is set to Intelligent mode? If it is the gear will not come up until you are at something like 20 feet (cant remember exactly). If its set to Intelligent mode change it to manual
We'll work on yesterday. Made sure in assistant was set to manual. Took servos off of unit. There is no movement in them what so ever. The light after normal battery connection just blinks slow green indicating a needed calibration. When entering calibration mode one move a fraction the other doesn't move at all. The almost imediately flashes yellow that calibration has failed to try again. At this point I think the servos are bad or the board on left landing gear. Ordering a new left side.

Anyone know if it could be anything else??
Apr 20, 2015, 08:05 PM
Zenmuse Z-15 GH4 IMU firmware ver 1.12 upgrade problem!

I have attempted to upgrade my Z-15 GH4 to IMU firmware version 1.12 (also GCU firmware to ver 2.4). My gimbal worked fine before this, with only a slight roll drift (after pan), which this upgrade was supposed to help with.
However, here is what happens when I turn the gimbal on after the upgrade:
- the gimbal initializes, then pans around and stops facing to the starboard (right) side of my S-900.
- the gimbal will still stabilize when moving the aircraft.
-the gimbal will “loose its mind” and start moving erratically, in some cases on its own, in some cases when attempted to move it using the RC controller. Seems like the gimbal IMU is malfunctioning.
-I attempted to initialize auto-calibration (a feature offered by this latest firmware upgrade) by toggling the mode stick a few times. The gimbal beeps twice, suggesting that the auto-calibratin has began, then it moves a little, and goes back to facing starboard, only now “frozen" (no stabilization, no reaction to the stick input). It never beeps four times to signal the end of auto-calibration (I tried waiting for up to five minutes, but to no avail).

Here is what I tried to trouble shoot the problem:
- Re-loaded the GCU and IMU firmware several times, and made sure I have the latest versions (GCU 2.4, IMU 1.12, CMU1.2, HD-AV 1.18).
- Checked if my A2 firmware was up-to-date (no updates available, A2 firmware on 2.4, all the other firmware in latest versions).
- I use the iOSD MarkII, and made sure the firmware on it is also up-to-date.
- Tried connecting the gimbal to both CAN1 and CAN2 ports on the A2.
- Swapped the gimbal for another one to see if there may be another issue (cable, etc.), the other gimbal works good.

Has anyone else experienced this and are there any known remedies?

Here is a link to my video describing the issue:
DJI Zenmuse Z-15 GH4 IMU firmware 1.12 upgrade issue (1 min 27 sec)
Apr 21, 2015, 09:18 AM
Did you disconnect servo and plug directly into the "L" on the left gear assembly? Trying to save you $350 US

Quote:
We'll work on yesterday. Made sure in assistant was set to manual. Took servos off of unit. There is no movement in them what so ever. The light after normal battery connection just blinks slow green indicating a needed calibration. When entering calibration mode one move a fraction the other doesn't move at all. The almost imediately flashes yellow that calibration has failed to try again. At this point I think the servos are bad or the board on left landing gear. Ordering a new left side.

Anyone know if it could be anything else??
Apr 25, 2015, 05:57 PM
Thanks everyone for your help!!! Found a used landing gear setup for less than the whole left replacement. Changed just the left servo and now it works!! Now to program the second controler and get flying!!!

Thanks placerville!
Apr 25, 2015, 07:07 PM
Fantastic!

Quote:
Thanks everyone for your help!!! Found a used landing gear setup for less than the whole left replacement. Changed just the left servo and now it works!! Now to program the second controler and get flying!!!

Thanks placerville!
Apr 29, 2015, 05:00 PM
Does anyone currently have an FPV set-up on their S1000 for the pilot? Any suggestions on equipment? Pictures of set up?

Quick Reply