Feb 10, 2014, 10:20 AM
Discussion

Maxa windy 4m

Hi,
I had a Maxa 4me before and I like this bird very much.
and now, I finish a Maxa windy 4m. Rudder and Elevator servos move into the fin, and the fin is movable. it is not easy to put the servos inside the fin and open slot correctly.
it flies very well and more stably than the light version.

zhaokun deng
Last edited by Zhaokun Deng; Feb 10, 2014 at 10:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2014, 11:39 AM
Dean
Nice.
Feb 11, 2014, 03:45 AM
VHO
VHO
glider misguider
Thanks for the photos.

What motor and gearbox did you use?
Feb 12, 2014, 06:56 AM
Maxa 4 e and Maxa windy 4 e all use Kontronil Kira 480-50 5.2:1 power train. Using 3s 2200lipo with 14x9 propeller, it can climd with more than 60 degree. Personally, Windy version is not faster than light one, and more stable.
Zhaokun deng
Feb 13, 2014, 02:33 PM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo

zhaokun deng

Nice job building the maxa. Can you explain the servo to elevator linkage, please?

ciao -rjf
Feb 14, 2014, 11:23 AM
Hi friends,Happy Valentine's Day!

Let me explain the servo linkage to rudder and elevator Step by step. Hopefully you can understand my English.
http://f3j.in.ua/media/maxa-technolo...ginal/Tail.jpg

this is the original tail arrangement for my first MAXA 4E light version.

it is very easy and simple to assemble. but some modelers do not like it, they think the control rod is too long and can not get the direct control feeling. but i like it and the Maxa will not fly aerobatic, it is very stable and easy to control. no problem at all.
Last edited by Zhaokun Deng; Feb 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
Feb 14, 2014, 11:46 AM
And this is my new Maxa Windy 4E version.

this is what Vladimir design for the tail. It is perfect if assemble in computer. But really not easy to do in reality for the first time.

1, you must use MKS 6100 type servo
2, need file the fin inside very carefully in order to insert servos inside.
3, make sure the relative position of each servo before you decide to glue them in the wood board.
4, prepare servo arms
5,open your radio to find out the neutral position of the servo arms.
6. switch off radio, fold the servo arms by hands just like the PIC 3.
7. open slot in the fin. this is the most important part. you also need to find out and fix the lever neutral position of elevator.

I meet the problem and can not do as the PIC 7 because my elevator servo rod is "Z", not a "7" as the picture. So, how can you put a "z" type servo rod into a almost fix position servo arm in such a tiny space?

8. insert the servo inside the fin. then switch the radio again. the servo arms will open up like PIC 4.

9. then, I put the "Z" type rod in the elevator servo arm.

10 . I have to file the slot a little bit wider , then put the elevator servo rod inside the fin from the ugly slot.

11. try to fix the ball-link of the elevator lever from the bottom of the fin.

12. at last check all position and movement with radio on. everything is OK? us CA (i have no idea to use Epoxy at this time) to glue the servo board.
Last edited by Zhaokun Deng; Feb 14, 2014 at 12:08 PM.
Feb 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
actually, I can make another elevator "7" type rod, in place of the original "Z" rod. and everything should be much less simple. just it comes with ball-link ring that I can not find a good steel rod at home. You know, sometimes it is very difficult to find or buy small parts or material to use in your model. I am lazy and just want to finish to fly as soon as possible. When you open everything in your working desk and make mass at home, just do not want to stop and go out to find just one inch proper steel.

i just feel regret , my job is not perfect !
Feb 14, 2014, 02:47 PM
volare est vivere
hi there from Toledo

Very concise and informative, thanks.

ciao -rjf
Feb 14, 2014, 08:01 PM
hst
hst
The most challenging job in assembling an electric Maxa is the tail servo installation:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ht=maxa&page=3

It would be much better to have a large opening like that in a Supra-e.
Or like a Sprite-e:
Mar 03, 2014, 01:24 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.

E Maxa 4 Lite

I just started building an E-Fuse for my Maxa 4 Lite. The servo install in the tail was a bit nerve racking but made a lot easier will all the photos I've seen of other installs. Thanks for that. Here's some photos of my stab after the install. I used 2 MKS 6100 and the covers came from some left over servo covers from ????

Up next, I'll dry fit all the components with a varity of different battery and motor choices and then pick the best overall package based on watts and weight.

Jim
Mar 03, 2014, 07:22 PM
hst
hst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Frahm
I just started building an E-Fuse for my Maxa 4 Lite. The servo install in the tail was a bit nerve racking but made a lot easier will all the photos I've seen of other installs. Thanks for that. Here's some photos of my stab after the install. I used 2 MKS 6100 and the covers came from some left over servo covers from ????

Up next, I'll dry fit all the components with a varity of different battery and motor choices and then pick the best overall package based on watts and weight.

Jim
I've mixed feelings to see the latest version of Maxa "Pro" return to the Supra-style tailplane......an upgraded horizontal stabaliser.

The photos of the prototype suggest a straightforward installation for the tail servos in a coming EL version.

If only they stuck with Supra's optimum design at the beginning...
Last edited by hst; Mar 03, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
Mar 04, 2014, 11:09 AM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hst
I've mixed feelings to see the latest version of Maxa "Pro" return to the Supra-style tailplane......an upgraded horizontal stabaliser.

The photos of the prototype suggest a straightforward installation for the tail servos in a coming EL version.

If only they stuck with Supra's optimum design at the beginning...
After flying the Perfection for several years I personally like the new stab design of the Maxa which is Perfection like. The pitch control is every bit as good as a full flying stab and the packing and traveling aspect is great.

I just talked to Barry and Valdimir, The new Maxa Pro E-Fuse will have the stab servos mounted under the wing using a special servo mount designed for JR DS 285MG servos.

Standing by for a new E-Fuse!

Jim
Mar 04, 2014, 01:37 PM

your Maxa My Maxa

very nice pictures, I thought of a distribution of servos as its Maxa, could tell me that ESC are you using? could show more photos of the fuselage distribuicion?
very grateful