This thread is privately moderated by gabe221, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 09, 2014, 11:41 PM
Tree hopper
Thread OP
Discussion

Czc

I have added another model to shorten my list of planes. This one is a Carbon-Z Cub BNF Basic by E-flite (EFL10450). it's an AMA legal plane with a wingspan of 84.6", it's huge that's all you can say about it. I have a MM battery tray system installed in it. I stained and clear coated the wood, as it was begging me to. I have a set of KAVAN tires coming for it. Touch up paint, is available at LOWEs, blue and grey colors. I have installed a TALON 90 esc in it as well. The esc is almost maxed from the factory, and this one will handle a bigger prop, 15x8, that I'll try also. Thought I might put some checkered graphics on the rudder and wheel strut covers. Window decals may come later as well. 40-90 size tail wheel is the replacement, must be done like the fun cub mod, strut mod is 4mm carbon fiber tube. the aft strut is the weakest I have 6" Kavan tires for it, also have Top model's Air Top they are 6 1/4". I got bushman tires, they are 6.5" tall and wider.More to come. Will be adding Minwax polycrylic to help with paint scuffing. Ok I got my cublanding gear on, also got my Bushman tires on it as well. they are 6.5" in diameter. I added some air, 7" now and they are still soft as a balloon. I had extended axles made for my gear when it was getting made, as I knew I would be putting on bigger tires, so I could get the collars back on.

Tire weight: Ok, beings I sold the dubros some one else can weight them.

Motor shaft is 6mm.

Stock tire weight------1 tire 3.7 oz 148g
Kavan--------1 tire 2.4oz 93g
Air Top--------1 tire 12oz 317g Bushman tires---------1 tire 8 oz
That's my weight one tire each. This is what I have on hand.
Last edited by gabe221; Apr 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2014, 07:09 PM
1st to the scene of the crash
That is the plane I want, it is soooo coool. After I get use to the Fun Cub I've put the Carbon Z on my wish list. Enjoy and post some video Lane
Latest blog entry: Building the sig astro-hog
Feb 10, 2014, 07:17 PM
Tree hopper
Thread OP
I haven't maiden it yet, everybody says it a bigger version of it.
Feb 10, 2014, 08:01 PM
Your battery boxes look like they are made out of some expensive wood with that stain on them. May put some minwax on mine, I'm sure it will make it weather better. Looks good I know you can't wait to fly it. What size batteries you going to use? Question about my FC, set up two stage flaps 40% on launch mode and 70% on land mode. Are these ok for starters? never had flaps before. Lane
Feb 10, 2014, 09:50 PM
Tree hopper
Thread OP
Batteries for czc- 4400mah, and a 3600mah I think recommended. I know the 5000mah is to heavy for 3D, and won't pull out of a vertical stall, and the 4800 is as most you want to go. I have this one set up the same way on my flaps. You can stain any wood part to make it your on, get creative. if you look I colored the letters.
The FC, here goes (my experience) I maiden it on calm day, only thing shaking was me, leaves on the tree was still. I took off w/o flaps and got plenty high, got used to it. Made some circles, loops by mistake, rolls, several, then while running at a high rate of speed hit the flaps, had 50, and 100%, and 10-25% on elevator. DON'T do this!! Found that it went straight up!! Cut the throttle when you get high, bout 4 mistakes high, put full flaps on and no power, see how much elevator your using(guess at it) gradually increase power, you'll notice more down (ele) is required with more speed. Fly half throttle same altitude hit flaps mid notice ele position, then full. land program radio to your setting. Land using full flap, holding ele to govern speed, no throttle. That's how I learned this plane. I get way, way up, cut throttle, full flap setting and soar with the buzzards here. Maybe this will help (if you can make heads or tails of it) you on your maiden.

ps don't forget the touch up paint when you get yours.
Here is my fun cub setting it is a good starting point for you:
P-0 0 0
P-1 35% 15% ele keep a ratio close to this first
p-2 100% 25% ele

speed : 2.0s

Now you can 1/2 this, 1/4 it should be the same setting, just what I like. Yours may differ. I get long flying times just soaring around w/o throttle.
Feb 11, 2014, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the info, following your new build looks good so far. Lane
Feb 12, 2014, 08:51 AM
Fly The Friendly Skies
Dude that's a big plane. Can't wait to see her in the air. Maybe we should hook up and maiden our "bigs" together. I fired my engine up the other day and she's purrin' like a kitten. Or, growling like a tiger as it were. Be nice to see these in the air at the same time.....
Feb 12, 2014, 10:26 AM
Tree hopper
Thread OP
They say CZC motor is 1.3 hp.
Aug 28, 2014, 01:49 PM
Tree hopper
Thread OP
my file

Quick Reply