Feb 09, 2014, 04:44 PM
Close enough
Gallery

February 9, 2014 Club Fly-In

This morning started out quite promising with light and variable winds. But towards noon things started to pick up with northerly winds at 7 mph and gusts to 12 mph. This somewhat limited air operations though as you'll see below we still got in some flights.

Seven pilots came out this morning including Ross, Gary, Jack, Randy, Art, Ruben and Marc. We also got a visit from local full scale pilot Thomas who owns this pretty Zenith that I took a photo of at a prior club fly-in.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Feb 09, 2014 at 05:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2014, 04:51 PM
Close enough

Ruben's P-51 Maiden

As is traditional and customary, Ruben's foam P-51 maiden gets its own post. Due to some technical difficulties the flight was cut short so I only got one photo. But I'm sure it'll be back better than ever.

Marc
Feb 09, 2014, 04:56 PM
Close enough

Jack's Yak

Jack's big Aeroworks Yak has always been one of the more impressive and reliable planes at the field. There was an incident on final approach today. So in honor of this fine plane it will get its own post.

Marc
Feb 09, 2014, 05:02 PM
Close enough

The rest of the fliers

As always there were a few of the regular fliers in the air. Here's a sampling.

I was also at the field with my wife yesterday trying to resolve my DLE-30 dying when inverted issue. No luck with a resolution. I was back to flying my little electric orange Edge today.

Marc
Last edited by AtomicFlyer; Feb 09, 2014 at 05:33 PM.
Feb 09, 2014, 05:05 PM
Close enough

Full Scale traffic

I captured these two full scale planes. The first is a Piper. The second one looks like a kit plane based on fuselage construction. But I didn't get a tail number. Can anyone identify it?

Marc
Feb 09, 2014, 11:11 PM
Very cool. Wittman Tailwind. You don't see those too often.

Daren