FliteTest Scratch Builds. (whose building them)? - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 18, 2014, 09:48 PM
I have everything I need to build it already. I like the funky old jalopy shape of it too. It's so darn ugly I think it's cool.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2014, 10:01 PM
I meant to do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
here are the tiled plans. For whatever reason when I printed these they didnt line up so I just printed the full size plans with the poster format and everything worked out great.
Here is the link to where both set are at. they are at the bottom of the page.
http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-22-raptor-build

It is a great flying little plane and I love it.
Thanks, I looked there but I just seemed to have missed them.
Feb 18, 2014, 11:28 PM
Jer. 29:11
Doc, the Viggen looks cool, and if it flies as well as it seems to in their videos, it will be a terrific model!
Feb 18, 2014, 11:55 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Guess I will chime in, got the speed kit for the Viggen the other day. Plus i printed out two sets of plans after refitting for dollar tree 20x30 boards. Started build a bit ago... but now stuck - do I use the party line deltrum 70mm? Or install a Don's Wicked 4000 Plus 64mm. I have both sitting here.. just waiting for me to decide. Will use both... but which one first? sigh....
Feb 19, 2014, 07:45 AM
I'd first do whichever is going to provide more power! More power is more better! Seems the airframe of the Viggen is more than capable of handling most anything we could put on it. For sure will be my next build. May go with the Aeo 70mm edf unit with motor from headsuprc. Supposed to provide 30oz of thrust at 430watts. That sounds pretty good to me... any suggestions?
As for the other Flite Test builds, they are awesom for a newbie scratchbuilder like myself, though not so newbie now as I'm always looking for the next build I can do with DT foamboard. As a note for weight, I built a T-28 from SDParkfliers that was designed for 10mm EPP and with 1-ply dtf and some barbecue skewers for spines it flies awesome! Adams foam board rules! Also can get at Dollar General now.
Feb 20, 2014, 06:58 PM
I bought it as soon as it was released.I also bought the Graves RC power kit,I'm building the spit now, and saving the viggen for march, as post hip surgery therapy
So far the spit is a great kit, much better in many ways than a molded foam war bird..
Feb 20, 2014, 07:31 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
Love the show, the planes look good. But the Viggen looks really sharp!--- May end up being my first EDF The power looks great with the recommended system, and it slows down pretty nice. Having no experience with EDFs I was surprised how much thrust the 70mm looked like it was providing in the vids. Good acceleration for hard punch-outs from high alpha flight. I downloaded the plans last night.
Feb 20, 2014, 09:38 PM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
Almost done with Viggen build. I powered it with the deltrum 70MM, but instead of stock fan. I mounted the motor on a sun 12 blade that I balanced on a vortex balancing setup .

Spool up sounds awesome. Spent some extra time beefing the leading edges and tapering the TE and intakes. Plus smoothed all surface edging with a finishing iron. Almost ready for paint.

Pics to come!

My next version will be set up so I can access all the powerplant.
Last edited by waytooslow; Feb 20, 2014 at 09:44 PM.
Feb 20, 2014, 10:12 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
Love to see the details on that high blade-count fan. Post some pictures and info
Feb 21, 2014, 12:49 AM
Crash 'em if you got 'em
This is what I put in the Viggen. 12 Blade Fan on the Deltrum 3000kv motor, I did have to space the clearance out a bit between fan and motor.

It will either run great or explode when I run it up on a 4S.

Here is a video of the run up on a 3S
Spool up
Last edited by waytooslow; Feb 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM.
Feb 21, 2014, 01:33 AM
Flying Low
Sounds good. Be sure to video the maiden. I'm still cutting and taping the plans for mine. I decided to reorganize my shop to make it more user friendly and been working on a mold for my 55cc Cap232 that I have scratch built. Soon though I will build the viggen.
Feb 21, 2014, 07:03 AM
Teddy Ong
the dart and the spitfire!
Feb 21, 2014, 08:33 AM
Flying Low
Just finished taping together my plans for the viggen.
Feb 21, 2014, 10:52 PM
....Allons-y.....
here is my spit don't know what it weights but it got a power up 450 zoom motor 45 amp speedy and APC 7x4 prop cut down to 6x4 and a turnigy 1800mah 3s 45c lipo and cruising speed is about 1/4 throttle and I never have to get above half throttle
Feb 22, 2014, 05:27 AM
Just test flew the Spitfire for a fellow flier. Very smooth flier. Just test flew the little bipe too and it was so much fun, I'm building one for myself.

Gord.