Mar 18, 2020, 09:56 PM
Too old to rock-n-roll...
The Simple Scout is a blast. I've built several FT airplanes over the years and the Scout may become my favorite. I made a few changes, mostly cosmetic. I eliminated the bat-wing trailing edges and rounded the rudder. I extended the turtle deck to the tail and lengthened the cockpit section. Then I closed off the nose. The landing gear is a soldered wire frame with soda can wheels. It balances perfectly with a 1500 mAh 3S battery. Motivation comes from a 2212-2200KV motor and 8x4 prop.

Name: cropIMG_1874.jpg
Views: 24
Size: 513.4 KB
Description: Name: cropIMG_1876.jpg
Views: 16
Size: 581.7 KB
Description:

Simple Scout (1 min 37 sec)

Jon
Last edited by TooJung2Die; May 23, 2020 at 05:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2020, 12:58 AM
crash expert
Made these 2 with my son.

They are good fun to make
Jun 16, 2020, 09:50 PM

Aura 5 AFS stabilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooJung2Die
The Simple Scout is a blast. I've built several FT airplanes over the years and the Scout may become my favorite. I made a few changes, mostly cosmetic. I eliminated the bat-wing trailing edges and rounded the rudder. I extended the turtle deck to the tail and lengthened the cockpit section. Then I closed off the nose. The landing gear is a soldered wire frame with soda can wheels. It balances perfectly with a 1500 mAh 3S battery. Motivation comes from a 2212-2200KV motor and 8x4 prop.

Attachment 13289523 Attachment 13289525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyr3ZL2q3V8

Jon
Nice plane ! Iím just in the process of building mine but Iím looking for somewhere convenient to mount the FT Aura 5 stabilizer/ receiver .........any ideas? Out side the fuse ( a bit ugly ) is easy or is there somewhere accessible in the fuse?
Has anyone put an Aura 5 in the Simple Scout ?
Jun 16, 2020, 10:07 PM
Too old to rock-n-roll...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiflyer1945
Nice plane ! Iím just in the process of building mine but Iím looking for somewhere convenient to mount the FT Aura 5 stabilizer/ receiver .........any ideas? Out side the fuse ( a bit ugly ) is easy or is there somewhere accessible in the fuse?
Has anyone put an Aura 5 in the Simple Scout ?
The Simple Scout has a big fuselage. There's plenty of room for the Aura, no problem. Don't use the power pod, it takes up too much room. I glue in the firewall and add a shelf to Velcro the battery to.
Jun 17, 2020, 05:43 PM

Aura5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooJung2Die
The Simple Scout has a big fuselage. There's plenty of room for the Aura, no problem. Don't use the power pod, it takes up too much room. I glue in the firewall and add a shelf to Velcro the battery to.
Ok sounds like an idea, thanks.
Jun 18, 2020, 04:23 PM
Retired USAF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
I have been also searching and found the Emax 2215 /09 or the 2215/12. They seem quite powerful for their size, and also cost nearly half of the price of the ones Graupner sells :O
Brushless can rotate on either direction as far as I know, so no need for CW or CCW motors, if that exists in brushless motors.
If you havenít found them yet, try AMain Hobbies. I picked a couple up for my 337 build.

Quick Reply