May 30, 2018, 01:33 PM
Scratch Builder
Im actually quite annoyed by ft’s “new” plane release. Its the exact same plane with the same mighty mini nacells found on countless other designs. Seems like a waste of time to reinvent the wheel just to accomidate a twin engine. Just seems more like a mod to me.
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2018, 02:11 PM
yes and I am stil waitng for new FT Spitfire that was promised ages ago
May 30, 2018, 04:30 PM
Agreed. Love FT but the dart and twin sparrow seem to be a grab to buy more electronics from them.

Did just see a FB post about a P-40 and an Edge 540. I think Andres is back working with them this summer.
May 30, 2018, 04:32 PM
I gave up waiting on the Long EZ plans and did my own.
Jun 01, 2018, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33joe
yes and I am stil waitng for new FT Spitfire that was promised ages ago

Iíve got a spitfire you can build :-)

https://www.nerdnic.com/nnspitfire-800.html
Jun 01, 2018, 11:02 AM
I am almost finished with my FT Simple Cub build and ready to minwax/paint my FT3D build. I actually picked up some glow-in-the-dark spray paint (Rustoleum) to attempt on my FT3D. Looks like I have to paint the plane with light/white color and primer first then apply the glow-in-the-dark stuff. It was kinda pricey, anybody else use it and have good results?
Jun 01, 2018, 09:20 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpot1
Agreed. Love FT but the dart and twin sparrow seem to be a grab to buy more electronics from them.

Did just see a FB post about a P-40 and an Edge 540. I think Andres is back working with them this summer.
I would build both of those in a heartbeat!!! Especially the Warhawk!!!
Jun 01, 2018, 09:22 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124
I am almost finished with my FT Simple Cub build and ready to minwax/paint my FT3D build. I actually picked up some glow-in-the-dark spray paint (Rustoleum) to attempt on my FT3D. Looks like I have to paint the plane with light/white color and primer first then apply the glow-in-the-dark stuff. It was kinda pricey, anybody else use it and have good results?
I dont, but I am willing to bet that it would fade, as thats what tends to happens to glow in the dark things.
Jun 02, 2018, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basslord1124
Are you going to combine that glow-in-the-dark paint with some blue or purple LEDs? I think that would make for an interesting effect.
Jun 02, 2018, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter
Are you going to combine that glow-in-the-dark paint with some blue or purple LEDs? I think that would make for an interesting effect.
Ya know, i hadnt thought of it, but now that you mention it I think I will give it a try.
Jun 03, 2018, 03:34 PM
Great little plane.
Jun 11, 2018, 12:08 AM
seen the FT-slice?

Pizza Box Plane BUILD - FT Slice (8 min 55 sec)

Here is my 3mm hobbyking foam version almost done.. 22" span
Costs....foam cost about £0.60.. laminating pouches £0.30
Covered with laminating film its very stiff and strong..

The plans were printed, but made into 3 sections so as to reduce wastage on the foam.
3 Parts cut and marked..pic2.....the main bottom was covered both sides with laminating film.. the top sections were covered on what will be the outside.
The top sections were rejoined to the main wing with a 2" strip of laminating film.. this makes it back as per the plan
Along the fold lines the foam was deeply crushed so the top surface could be folded over as needed.

A full length spar was made from depron , 2 layers 6mm glued together..tapered to the tip...

The remainder of the build is put together much as the cardboard version in its build video ..
The combination of foam and laminating film gives a super strong finish

edit... servos ,push rods,horns are now in... its waiting on the motor.
The servos were cut in, positioned just in front of the wing spar, the plugs put through a small slot made at the centre of the spar..
To link into the RX..
Last edited by davereap; Jun 12, 2018 at 07:01 AM.
Jun 11, 2018, 05:45 AM
Scratch Builder
Still waitn on the P-40... that vector looks awesome!!!
Jun 11, 2018, 12:05 PM
Outlaw
nice slice!
Jun 14, 2018, 03:38 PM
Scratch Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8
nice slice!
Ha! I see what you did there!!!

Puns...

Quick Reply