Apr 10, 2017, 08:45 PM
crash test facility
I have the mini war birds coming to me soon, and am curious how you guys are painting the new foam board?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2017, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woogie_man
I have the mini war birds coming to me soon, and am curious how you guys are painting the new foam board?
I rough up the waxy surface with a Magic Eraser, which acts like very, very fine sandpaper. Brush or blow off the dust and then use spray paint and it adheres great.
Apr 21, 2017, 05:43 AM
Before and after of the "tiny" pietenpol 3d printed engine. I made the intake out of model car tree plastic. The carb heater around the exhaust is prop adapters glued together to make a Quaker state can. A flexie straw for the hose going to a mock carb. Plug wires for detail. Not 110% scale but good enough.

Next is radiator detail.

Also extended the cowl for a finished look around the engine " currently drying" had to respray.
Yesterday, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashEMhard
Before and after of the "tiny" pietenpol 3d printed engine. I made the intake out of model car tree plastic. The carb heater around the exhaust is prop adapters glued together to make a Quaker state can. A flexie straw for the hose going to a mock carb. Plug wires for detail. Not 110% scale but good enough.

Next is radiator detail.

Also extended the cowl for a finished look around the engine " currently drying" had to respray.

Nicely done!
Yesterday, 01:16 PM
Wow, crashEMhard, that looks incredible!

I just found this thread and I've been building the FT planes since October of last year - I taught myself to fly airplanes by splitting 3 or 4 of the Mini Arrows in half... Lol!

Question: Anybody who's built the Mini Arrow, Using the "Elevon Setup Gage" to set your neutral position, does your plane dive mercilessly into the ground without significant elevator trim? All of my arrows have done this despite my balancing them "perfectly" on the provided CG marks. I've even tried shifting the CG back about 1/4" and that doesn't seem to affect anything... Is 600g AUW just too high for this wing? It flies great trimmed back, but I'd like to figure out how to reduce the drag by using less trim, if possible.

Here's pics, cuz everyone likes those:
(The mini arrow is set up with a 6x4.5 prop, 2208-1800kV, 1300mAh 4S, and a Runcam Owl/600mW Vtx currently)
Yesterday, 10:49 PM
When cows fly!
Gotta love the Storch! This is version 2. I am currently working on version 3. Hopefully will have maiden video soon.

First Flight of 2016 (5 min 50 sec)