New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2014, 08:45 AM
handy2 is offline
Find More Posts by handy2
Registered User
handy2's Avatar
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:19 AM
Ssayer is offline
Find More Posts by Ssayer
Oldie, not Moldie
Ssayer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy2 View Post
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
Same here. I own a 2. I'll pass on the 3...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 AM
handy2 is offline
Find More Posts by handy2
Registered User
handy2's Avatar
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:31 AM
Ssayer is offline
Find More Posts by Ssayer
Oldie, not Moldie
Ssayer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy2 View Post
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:46 AM
handy2 is offline
Find More Posts by handy2
Registered User
handy2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer View Post
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:50 AM
Ssayer is offline
Find More Posts by Ssayer
Oldie, not Moldie
Ssayer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy2 View Post
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:05 AM
handy2 is offline
Find More Posts by handy2
Registered User
handy2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer View Post
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Me too and I said I would only buy 3 new quads this year but I already ordered 2
So much for New Years resolutions
Old Feb 28, 2014, 04:12 PM
parrott is offline
Find More Posts by parrott
Registered User
Any more news on this one?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:06 AM
Roni_Thailand is offline
Find More Posts by Roni_Thailand
Registered User
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 11:29 AM
Ssayer is offline
Find More Posts by Ssayer
Oldie, not Moldie
Ssayer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_Thailand View Post
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Can't buy what isn't for sale...
Old Apr 17, 2014, 08:19 AM
comdexfall is offline
Find More Posts by comdexfall
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000999 View Post
What about the specs? It looks like it will have the same transmitter and the same camera of the GV2.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:40 PM
Waterbound is offline
Find More Posts by Waterbound
Registered User
This appears to be the same as the Helimax 230si or the Helimax is the same as this but if so, both will use digital compass for RTH etc..

Weak Signals Expo 2014: Top Flite, Great Planes, Futaba and Heli Max Products (24 min 13 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:06 PM
gentle ben is offline
Find More Posts by gentle ben
semper mitis
gentle ben's Avatar
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 01:33 AM
comdexfall is offline
Find More Posts by comdexfall
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben View Post
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
You are right. The building quality of the GV2 is poor, the advanced modes doesn't work fine for most of us and the camera sometimes works and sometimes not (and the GV3 camera looks exactly the same that the GV2 mounts). I expected more quality from a Nine Eagles product. My new quad probably will be the Cheerson CX-20.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Nine Eagles Quad - Galaxy Visitor 2 jason4207 Mini Multirotors 683 Apr 16, 2016 09:18 PM
Discussion Nine Eagles Visitor 2 vs Blade 180 QX Randomrex Mini Multirotors 8 Feb 23, 2014 09:42 AM
Discussion NEW NINE EAGLES GALAXY VISITORS 2 indoor flight from built in camera nickden Mini Multirotors 0 Feb 07, 2014 11:28 AM
Discussion New Arrive: Nine Eagles Galaxy Visitor 2 nancy1987 Multirotor Talk 2 Dec 26, 2013 01:47 PM
For Sale HeliMax & Nine Eagles 1S 3.7V Lipo Chargers jl1252 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Nov 08, 2013 10:11 PM