Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 10, 2014, 07:45 AM
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2014, 08:19 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy2
I don't trust it after the disappointment of galaxy 2. I've learned my lesson about buying new models over $100 until they've been out a while and reviewed
Same here. I own a 2. I'll pass on the 3...
Feb 10, 2014, 08:25 AM
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
Feb 10, 2014, 08:31 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
I am surprised you have 2 since you haven't been posting how much you love it.
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
Feb 10, 2014, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
I don't have 2, I have a 2 (clone - 1si). I consider it "ok", and nothing more. If I had the chance to do it over, I'd pass it up...
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Feb 10, 2014, 08:50 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
I agree . OK at best and wish I hadn't gotten it either
Maybe this one will be better but I will let someone else find out
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Feb 10, 2014, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssayer
Yep. I've got money burning a hole in my pocket for 1 more quad this spring. Just waiting to see who comes out with what (soon) in this size to make a purchase. So far I only see one probably making it to market (the Xtreme, and in all actuality, it still isn't "to market")...
Me too and I said I would only buy 3 new quads this year but I already ordered 2
So much for New Years resolutions
Feb 28, 2014, 03:12 PM
Any more news on this one?
Mar 17, 2014, 10:06 AM
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Mar 17, 2014, 10:29 AM
Oldie, not Moldie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_Thailand
Really? No one bought it? no one interested?
Can't buy what isn't for sale...
Apr 17, 2014, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 000999
What about the specs? It looks like it will have the same transmitter and the same camera of the GV2.
Apr 20, 2014, 06:40 PM
This appears to be the same as the Helimax 230si or the Helimax is the same as this but if so, both will use digital compass for RTH etc..

Weak Signals Expo 2014: Top Flite, Great Planes, Futaba and Heli Max Products (24 min 13 sec)
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Apr 20, 2014, 09:06 PM
semper mitis
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentle ben
I am very reluctant to invest $150 in another Heli-Max brushed quad. The transmitter on my 1-si did not live up to the expectations created by the preliminary marketing hype of headless flight or RTH. This is based on problems created by the release of the poor v-1 manual and the lack of notification of the existence of v-2 which solved several of those problems encountered as a early adopter. "Won't get fooled again".

As a side note, for $130, I finally went brushless. I was out today in 10+ mph winds with my new RCLogger Xtreme. There was no contest with the 1-si whose motors still get so hot they will still raise blisters if you touch them for too long while disconnecting the flight battery.
You are right. The building quality of the GV2 is poor, the advanced modes doesn't work fine for most of us and the camera sometimes works and sometimes not (and the GV3 camera looks exactly the same that the GV2 mounts). I expected more quality from a Nine Eagles product. My new quad probably will be the Cheerson CX-20.