Airliners - Page 24 - RC Groups
Sep 04, 2007, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapnos
A new A380 flies in Germany. Reinhard Oetken had built an A380-900 with more than 17 ft. (5 meters) of span and length. It has the same scale and size as Peter Michel's A380-800 but with a longer fuselage. Airbus has not yet decided if they are going to build this stretched version.
Reinhard's A380 weighs 210 lbs. (95 kgs) and is powered by four Franck turbines, 31 lbs. (140 N) for the inner turbines and 22 lbs. (100 N) for the outer ones.
Would be very impressive to see Peter's and Reinhard's A380s flying side by side.

''Hi Kapnos... you have videos of new rc A380?''
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2007, 02:13 AM
Hello Peter,

I am very glad that this thread will refresh always again with new airliner models.

My congratulations to your choice of the Boeing 727-200. Your photos with the parts of it on the floor recognize me to the time where I take my parts of the A321 home from Norbert und Manfred. I can reach each of them in a few hours by car.

Please let us informed about your next steps with your majestic Boeing 727.

Greetings,

Carsten
Oct 30, 2007, 05:31 AM
Charlieoneseven, are you creating a MD-80 or a B717??

Cheers Graeme.
Feb 27, 2008, 03:51 AM

Robrow cool airliner I looking for one like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrow
I have a Fokker 100 with twin 54 engines, cost was around 2000 Euro's bare. I can try to find out if a kit is being produced.

Rob.
Robrow cool airliner I looking for one like that dos your airliner sound real of real jet engines taking off and fly over hed?

Tell me how get one I try the website that FMC post but have no way to get the type cool airliner from DE

I do want where can put gear down and up like a real airliner.

I will see get my sister order it with her visa card so bill come her I do got a visa card myself but want her buy for me .

I love RC airliner so cool .
May 12, 2008, 02:40 PM
Real name's Teja :)
hello i just joined and i want to make a model not rc, maybe later, but i want to know how i make the model itself. the body. i dont know how you guys did it, i want to make it with stryrofoam ty.
May 21, 2008, 04:00 AM
Hello teha99,

take a look at my site at http://www.carsten-scharf.de/a321/a321.htm

There you can see my first steps to built my Airbus A 321 with fibreglass parts from Norbert Rauch and foam parts for body, wings and horizontal horizontal tail unit. The site is in german. But you can translate the site into english with http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-xxen

Kind greetings from sunny Germany,

Carsten Scharf
May 21, 2008, 09:42 PM
Real name's Teja :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten Scharf
Hello teha99,

take a look at my site at http://www.carsten-scharf.de/a321/a321.htm

There you can see my first steps to built my Airbus A 321 with fibreglass parts from Norbert Rauch and foam parts for body, wings and horizontal horizontal tail unit. The site is in german. But you can translate the site into english with http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=avbbf-xxen

Kind greetings from sunny Germany,

Carsten Scharf
thanks can i contact this Norbert Rauch my apologies but i dont know who that is. i got a boeing 747 started with the rudder elevators, and the wings all done, my problem is the fuselage. i know i can use a foam tube for the middle but the front and the back i need help on. mostly the nose. thanks again!
May 22, 2008, 01:07 AM
Go FASST or go home...
Quote:
Originally Posted by teha99
thanks can i contact this Norbert Rauch my apologies but i dont know who that is. i got a boeing 747 started with the rudder elevators, and the wings all done, my problem is the fuselage. i know i can use a foam tube for the middle but the front and the back i need help on. mostly the nose. thanks again!
Norbert Rauch is one of the worlds most recognized model airliner builders.... Been in the business since early 70`s
http://rauch-airliner.com/Introduction.htm

Ben_E
Jul 03, 2008, 05:00 PM
There has been a special meeting for airlinermodels in Germany. Some pics can be found at http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=108554
Jul 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapnos
There has been a special meeting for airlinermodels in Germany. Some pics can be found at http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showthread.php?t=108554

Videos of EVENT??
Jul 30, 2008, 01:32 PM
Airbus Freak
How do you guys achieve such smooth finishes on your models? Fiberglass painted??
Jul 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
FMC
FMC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartek
How do you guys achieve such smooth finishes on your models? Fiberglass painted??
I use 3/4oz fiberglass and water based polyurethane, sand and fill, then prime, sand and re-fill if necessary.

I find painting a round fuselage difficult due to over spary on the other side.

regards
Peter
Aug 22, 2008, 03:36 PM
FMC
FMC

Falcon 7X

Winter project started early this year.

After finishing the A321 from Norbert Rauch, I wanted to start another airliner project and was planning to build the B727-200. I bought the short kit but then decided to go a bit bigger and picked the Falcon 7X. When the 78”x39”x26” (2mx1mx65cm) box arrived, I got scared and started having second thoughts about my decision. After working on it for the past 2 weeks, I am convinced this is a great project.

This is not an ARF; it is a builder’s kit and does require a lot of attention to building details and strength. The good thing is that it is big and there is lots of room to work in.

I have just finished with the manual corrections and it can be found at:

www.altecare.com/falcon7xmanual.pdf

Here are the specs:

FALCON 7X Business Jet for a single 35 ~ 42 lbs thrust turbine
Scale: 1/7
Span: 150" - 3.80m
Length: 138" - 3.50m
Weight: 27 Kg - 59lbs
Turbine: Behotec 180 Kero start
Radio: Futaba 14MZ running a twin 72MHz receivers (2.4GHz or 72Mhz under review due to the amount of carbon fiber lining in the kit).
Servos: JR8411 throughout.
Gyro: Dual gyro on rudder and ailerons
Power regulator and distribution system to be determined.

I will not be using flaps since the wings are so large, the plane lands slow like a glider. Besides, tests have shown that there is no impact on lift or drag between flaps retracted or deployed. This will save a couple of servos and some weight.

For now, I am not planning an interior to keep the weight down. After the test flight, I will work on the paint scheme. After that, I can worry about the interior.

All the moving surfaces have to be cut and hinged. So far elevators are cut, one aileron is cut and hinged and main retracts are installed.

The good thing is that the fuselage can be transported in 2 pieces as well as the wings, which makes the plane transportable.

Here are some pictures. Will post more as I go along.
Last edited by FMC; Aug 29, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Sep 05, 2008, 10:58 PM
Aircrafting is noisey...what?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by McChopper
Charlieoneseven, are you creating a MD-80 or a B717??

Cheers Graeme.
I am building the MD-80 (82) from AA ship #2000 off the production line.
It has the longest DC-9 fuse and later version of the tailcone but older version of the doghouse between the elevators. Update* My projects had to be boxed since I had to move out of my old hangar and have a smaller space suited better for single seat fighters now.
Last edited by charlieoneseven; Oct 15, 2008 at 02:23 AM. Reason: updated
Sep 29, 2008, 11:04 PM
FMC
FMC
Things have moved rather slowly due to some business travel commitments however have been convinced to make the flaps so I did and now the wings are finally done.

I have also decided to go with a dual 2.4GHz Receiver system with a full receiver and battery back up system using the PowerBox Royal since this has now been tested on a Falcon in France using the same system and showat JetPower.

Quick Reply