Windy Ridge RC Flyers (Hammondsport, New York, United States)

Feb 03, 2014, 02:03 PM
hot glue is my best friend
Thread OP
Discussion

General Announcements

Please post your announcements here and be sure to subscribe to this thread using the thread tools, thanks.
Jim
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2014, 07:49 PM

Frosty signed up.

Signed on, hope everyone else joins. If I can do it anyone can. LOL.
Feb 08, 2014, 07:46 PM
RADIOACTIVE for Christ
Hey guys, don't know why but the build thread is not working. It won't let me post anything. Says it's closed.

Saunder
Feb 08, 2014, 11:25 PM
I noticed that the build thread is locked. Since Sean started it I sent him a text and asked him to unlock it. He tried and can't get back into it so maybe Jim could start a new build thread?
Mark
Feb 09, 2014, 08:05 AM

Steve Z is signed up

I am signed up to the group.
Mar 01, 2014, 01:21 PM
Hello fellow RC fliers,

Note: I am Scott Wise the kind-of-new-guy in the club. I hope my user name isn't too hard to remember.

Well, . . . I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email about the Savona Gym Fly-In tomorrow then remembered the last email I did get. It said something about joining up somewhere (here) and using it as a club communications channel. Well, I found the email, followed the links and here I am! Amazing! lol

Since our last get together (to which I arrived very late because nothing I have, that flies, was working) I have gotten a couple new battery packs. One for my "copter" and the other for my (not really indoor) ParkZone (J3) Cub.

I also solved a battery plug problem with the receiver in my Gentle Lady. So, I should be able to fly something tomorrow. Perhaps I'll even try towing up my Gentle Lady with my RC Hummer.

Scott (HighFlier33)
Mar 02, 2014, 05:29 PM

Thanks !

Hi, just wanted to say "Thanks" to everyone for welcoming me into the club !!!

I had a great time today in Savona, I still done have everyone's names straight.. BUT I will get there sooner or later !!

Thanks again !!

Tom
Mar 02, 2014, 07:15 PM
It was good flying with you today Tom.
Mark
Apr 07, 2014, 11:01 AM

Thank you jim

Just wanted to say thanks to Jim for arranging the the INDOOR Flying at the Campbell/Savona School... and for his generous to the scholarship fund for the school !!

WAY TO GO.. JIM !!!!

Thanks !

Tom Kennedy
Apr 13, 2014, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
I thought the indoor fly was a great success, we'll do it again next season Nov-Apr, looks we'll have about $250 for an aviation scholarship, the guidance counselor Matt Burns sent me some paperwork to fill out, and the principal Lisa Hawkin said they had some seniors interested in an aviation career.

I'm headed up to the field today around 1p forecast mostly cloudy, highs mid 70's sw winds 15-20 w gusts to 30 should be interesting.
Apr 14, 2014, 09:48 AM

Flying at the Field

Crazy day flying at the field yesterday .. Gale force winds !! There were 5 of us there... one spectator and 4 "pilots" though one of the pilots never flew ..... It was good to be outdoors !!!

Not sure if anyone is getting these posts??
Apr 14, 2014, 01:31 PM

Getting your posts.

I don't know about the rest of the club, but I get a email reminder every time
someone posts to this thread. I know I have been a spoil sport, about showing up, but I just don't have the spare cash for it. Sorry.
Apr 28, 2014, 07:56 AM
Hi All, 7 of us braved the cold wind yesterday , Though I did not even bring an aircraft.. it was just too dang cold for me !! Paul was there to watch too !! Was good to see everyone, and I want to wish Paul good luck with his appointments today !!

Hopefully its warmer next week but the long term forecast doesnt look great !!
Apr 30, 2014, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrc4333 View Post
Hi All, 7 of us braved the cold wind yesterday , Though I did not even bring an aircraft.. it was just too dang cold for me !! Paul was there to watch too !! Was good to see everyone, and I want to wish Paul good luck with his appointments today !!

Hopefully its warmer next week but the long term forecast doesnt look great !!
Definitely had a good time, dittos on the Best Wishes to Paul! And three maidens w no mishaps!!
May 09, 2014, 07:08 PM
RADIOACTIVE for Christ
Well, sounds like I have been missing a lot of excitement at the field. I probably can't make it up there until the sunday after Mothers Day. Going to try some slope soaring next week at OBX, NC. Any tips, anyone?
Saunder.

Quick Reply