Feb 03, 2014, 12:24 PM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
New Product

Fancy Foam Anubis - Devin McGrath

That is right the Anubis is finally being released to the public !

The Anubis has been designed to excel at the most difficult indoor sequences, anything from basic F3P up through ETOC sequences and beyond this model will not disappoint. Delivering true logical inputs throughout its entire flight envelop making it easier for you to stop fighting the bad habits of your airplane and just focus on perfecting maneuvers. RJ and I Have spent a lot of time on perfecting this model. Along the way we have won many F3P contests with it and the Anubis has been in the top three of the ETOC every year since.

The AUW of this model depending on lightening and equipment will be between 85-110 grams.

The equipment in the production one I built pictured below is just under 100g using a Hacker A10-15s, castle 10 amp, 2 cell 120mah, R6004 receiver, Futaba 3154 on the ailerons and Diamond D47 servos on the tail. This weight was achieved with minimal effort and sub 5 hour build.

build photos and helpful tips to come shortly also some videos of the more tedious tasks i always get questions on.

hope you guys enjoy this model as much as RJ and I have.

www.fancyfoam.com
Last edited by Devin McGRath; Feb 03, 2014 at 01:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2014, 12:25 PM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
build pictures and overview.

Note: this model was built form a white milled kit and painted myself. the production scheme is the exact opposite color placement (red and blue are switched) and also "Futaba" is not printed on the wing that is replaced with "Anubis"
Last edited by Devin McGRath; Feb 03, 2014 at 02:15 PM.
Feb 03, 2014, 12:36 PM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
videos to come shortly....

overview and servo layout-
Anubis General overview and servo locations (2 min 49 sec)

Aileron setup-
Anubis aileron setup (5 min 1 sec)

Pull pull Part 1-
Foamy Pull Pull How to (1 min 8 sec)

Pull pull part 2-
pull pull part 2 (2 min 15 sec)

Pull Pull Part 3-
Pull Pull Part 3 (3 min 58 sec)
Last edited by Devin McGRath; Feb 10, 2014 at 08:08 AM.
Feb 03, 2014, 02:07 PM
ME at Cal Poly
YES!! This looks like an amazing aircraft!! Thank you Devin, RJ and Fancy Foam!!

Free
Feb 05, 2014, 05:24 PM
I've flown Devin's prototype airplanes quite a few times. By far the best flying F3P/Pattern foamy I've ever flown. Period. Always in a sense of awe when flying it.

Devin/RJ, great work on another fantastic design, can't wait to build one for myself!

Seth
Feb 07, 2014, 07:58 AM
3D flyin
I have to agree with Seth I have not flown an F3P plane that tracks and locks in as good as this one.
great job guys

Chris H
Feb 10, 2014, 01:28 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Excellent Job Devin and RJ!
Is Fancy Foam going to offer a VTVPP upgrade kit for the Anubis in the future?
Thanks
Andreas
Feb 11, 2014, 12:40 PM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasHeger
Excellent Job Devin and RJ!
Is Fancy Foam going to offer a VTVPP upgrade kit for the Anubis in the future?
Thanks
Andreas

We will not have this option available for the Anubis because it is designed for F3P flying but perhaps we can put one together for the new MX3.

Devin
Feb 13, 2014, 11:41 AM
JR > Futaba
It's come a long way. Congrats Devin!
--Brian
Feb 13, 2014, 03:31 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath
We will not have this option available for the Anubis because it is designed for F3P flying but perhaps we can put one together for the new MX3.

Devin
That would be excellent!
Thanks Devin,

Andreas
Feb 25, 2014, 12:34 AM
Thanks for all your tips and tricks.. Just wondering what prop you're using with the A10-15s? Thinking about grabbing myself one and I wasn't too sure what would be a good prop for F3p. Fyi, that's an awesome blinged out prop you have there.
Feb 25, 2014, 12:44 AM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
The prop on the model in the first picture looks like one of the South African F3P props, just about impossible to get them
Feb 25, 2014, 02:12 AM
Whata great post. I learned more about building foamies the right way in this last 30 mins than in the entire time I have been doing this. You guys are so smart. The Pull Pull Solution is just genius. I have struggled and struggled to get it right.

Boy that fishing line is spendy, but you can do a lot of planes. Also tge offset control horns, and align ball joints, wonderful info. I am going to go back and redo all my planes.

Any more tips on lighting the AUW like the use of the Mag wire for the servo wires to the RX is invaluable for newbs like me. I just bought some of the Lemon RX 6CH rx's with no pins. I plan to remove the stock antennas and install lighter wire and sand down the bread board some. Also use your mag wire solution. I see you use Futaba, so your RX must be custom lighted ones right?

Again thanks for this post, I am excited about my new TVVVP MX3 build that is happening right now. Lastly do you have some video of your fianl flying sequences with the Anbis
Feb 25, 2014, 04:29 AM
I have another question if you dont mind. I see most of the guys run the Castle 10 esc http://www.castlecreations.com/products/phoenix-10.html. Its been discontinued, but the Talon 15 http://www.castlecreations.com/products/talon.html weighs less. Is this no good for what we are tying to do here.
Feb 25, 2014, 08:29 AM
Team Futaba
Thread OP
Goodie,
Pat is correct this is a custom prop out of South Africa. More readily available carbon props such as the Glavak and Falcon props are out there. The falcons are a bit heavy. But when it comes down to it as crazy as it sounds the GPS 8x4.3 is surprisingly not bad.

Pat yes it is impossible to get one I have two and currently one is on loan to Donatas.

Quick Reply