Dream-Flight Libelle - DLG

Dream-Flight has a new entry level DLG that everyone will like.

The Dream-Flight Libelle

The Dream-Flight Libelle is featured packed and has a price you can't argue with.

I have owned 3 discuss launch gliders and when I saw the new Libelle EPO plane I knew I would be adding it to the collection.

The Libelle is an EPO foam design with a 47.2 inch wingspan. They call it an "ARG" - almost-ready-to-glide. Assembly looks to be quick and easy. It has been designed to make all the parts self-aligning. I'm a big fan of the size and portability as well. This is a perfect grab-and-go glider. I'm also a big fan of the price - $120. Hopefully I will have a review of this DLG after it's release.

Learn more and pre-order at the Dream-Flight web site.

Feb 03, 2014, 02:41 PM
Any word on availability or how to get on a waiting list?
Feb 03, 2014, 02:46 PM
Thread OP
Email them at to be notified when pre-ordering is available.
Feb 03, 2014, 02:46 PM
found my own answers.

DreamFlight's facebook page says late Feb and to email them if you want to be notified on availability.
Feb 03, 2014, 05:38 PM
Nice, can't wait to get my hands on one!
Feb 03, 2014, 06:09 PM

If you know the Alula...

For those who have owned and knew what to do with the Alula, you know Dream-Flight is serious when it comes to design and performance.

It is a sailplane...it not only glides down but a pilot can make it thermal too. It is my slope air tester too. When I get to the slope, instead of throwing off a Molotov Cocktail (lipo), I toss my Alula.

More than once I have tossed it into lift at our thermal field and I can tell you its extremely satisfying to hook up with that little bird!

This new mini-dlg is just the ticket for those who want more thermal capability.

Thanks Michael R! And thanks for the heads up Jim!
Gordy
Snow today in Kentucky
Feb 03, 2014, 09:53 PM
Very nicely done!

We needed a competent ARG entry in the DLG marketplace.

Reminds me of a molded foam version of the Apogee Elite
Feb 03, 2014, 09:55 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
My next DLG
Feb 04, 2014, 05:30 AM
Too nice for words! Gotta get me one...
Feb 04, 2014, 08:34 AM
Which way is up?
Yep, this sure is looking good!
Feb 04, 2014, 11:15 AM
they aren't that close.. oh
might get this as my first DLG, looks like we will be able to use flaperons as well
Feb 04, 2014, 07:46 PM
Soar high, huck low
I'm on the notification list. Time to start a shopping cart of gear for it. Damn this hobby!
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Feb 04, 2014, 09:25 PM
Hope I can win a Libelle at 2014 Weaselfest!!! Nice Work !!

Doug
Feb 05, 2014, 08:49 AM
Come out swinging
I smell a One Design contest model.

Sean
Feb 06, 2014, 12:37 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
I'm in! Sign me up for one of these..

Quick Reply