Thread Tools
Feb 03, 2014, 10:17 AM
FrankC
FrankC's Avatar
Discussion

Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead...


From TMZ:

"Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday in a New York City apartment of an apparent drug overdose ... TMZ has learned authorities found a needle in his arm."

Drug addictions run in a progression. Does anyone know how this addiction started? What was the drug that got him addicted, and caused him to eventually be on heroin? Did he start with heroin, or something else? And, even with the money he had, and trips to rehab, why was he not able to kick an addiction that ultimately ended his life?
Feb 03, 2014, 10:21 AM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Clearly the only solution is to legalize Heroin. Then he could get the help he needs and take the drugs in safe and hygienic manner.
Feb 03, 2014, 10:30 AM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
LOL Heard the needle was still sticking out of his arm.
Feb 03, 2014, 10:39 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC
From TMZ:

"Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday in a New York City apartment of an apparent drug overdose ... TMZ has learned authorities found a needle in his arm."

Drug addictions run in a progression. Does anyone know how this addiction started? What was the drug that got him addicted, and caused him to eventually be on heroin? Did he start with heroin, or something else? And, even with the money he had, and trips to rehab, why was he not able to kick an addiction that ultimately ended his life?
Opiate addictions are diseases, not just addictions. It's a self inflicted disease, but its not "cureable" per say. The brain chemistry changes, etc, there is always a craving for that opiate. Some people just can't get passed that, although with $ there is no reason not to take suboxone or subsolve to keep you off opiates.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC
From TMZ:

"Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday in a New York City apartment of an apparent drug overdose ... TMZ has learned authorities found a needle in his arm."

Drug addictions run in a progression. Does anyone know how this addiction started? What was the drug that got him addicted, and caused him to eventually be on heroin? Did he start with heroin, or something else? And, even with the money he had, and trips to rehab, why was he not able to kick an addiction that ultimately ended his life?

probably Alcohol or Nicotine.............................
Feb 03, 2014, 11:18 AM
Registered User
It was probably a hot dose (drug more pure) addicts always want to push the limits and
it cost him . I don't feel much of a loss in my world . Had millions and died with a needle
in his arm ................mommy musta been mean to him as a child I guess.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:26 AM
Mr Mootsie
Mr Mootsie's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipwing_T
mommy musta been mean to him as a child I guess.
Don't underestimate the effects that childhood trauma, or any trauma, can have on addiction.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:41 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
radix2's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
Don't underestimate the effects that childhood trauma, or any trauma, can have on addiction.
Could be the opposite as well - maybe opiates are the only way he could replicate the feeling of total love and joy that a child feels from Mom.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:57 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas
Don't underestimate the effects that childhood trauma, or any trauma, can have on addiction.
Thanks Tim , I understand about childhood abuse more than I want to tell.
I was addicted to opiates hydrocodone in particular It took a lot of counseling
and work on my part to finally put them down. Most of the staunch conservatives
are quick to make fun of Hollywood types , Hoffman had some issue to stick
a needle in his arm , Just like a girl from a Texas town named Janis Joplin ,
who on the week she died several others did too with uncut pure heroin that
was given them by the dope dealer..........this actor knew darn well what he
was doing regardless of his childhood traumas . At some point you HAVE to
talk personal responsibility ..........Right Tim ? thanks for asking .....
peace love and harmony.com will make everyone a happy camper
Feb 03, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Sport Flyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
LOL Heard the needle was still sticking out of his arm.
I'm not sure why that would be something to laugh about. YMOV


Reality can be a real problem with people making a living pretending to be someone else. Very sad really.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:59 AM
whiirrrrrr
srt8madness's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipwing_T
Thanks Tim , I understand about childhood abuse more than I want to tell.
I was addicted to opiates hydrocodone in particular It took a lot of counseling
and work on my part to finally put them down. Most of the staunch conservatives
are quick to make fun of Hollywood types , Hoffman had some issue to stick
a needle in his arm , Just like a girl from a Texas town named Janis Joplin ,
who on the week she died several others did too with uncut pure heroin that
was given them by the dope dealer..........this actor knew darn well what he
was doing regardless of his childhood traumas . At some point you HAVE to
talk personal responsibility ..........Right Tim ? thanks for asking .....
peace love and harmony.com will make everyone a happy camper
As someone who was addicted to 'sets, you should understand herion is like that addiction x10,000
Feb 03, 2014, 12:35 PM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Flyer
I'm not sure why that would be something to laugh about. YMOV


Reality can be a real problem with people making a living pretending to be someone else. Very sad really.
Maybe I should have more compassion for rich Hollywood types addicted to drugs. Frankly I have no idea who he even is, never heard of him before this.
Feb 03, 2014, 12:38 PM
Random Pic #23982
Indiana_Geoff's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Maybe I should have more compassion for rich Hollywood types addicted to drugs. Frankly I have no idea who he even is, never heard of him before this.
You know it's really the GOP's fault.

If the GOP would only let Obama raise taxes on the rich then he would not have had enough money to OD. The most he could afford would give him a strong headache.
Feb 03, 2014, 12:49 PM
Sloping off....
leccyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
LOL Heard the needle was still sticking out of his arm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot
Maybe I should have more compassion for rich Hollywood types addicted to drugs. Frankly I have no idea who he even is, never heard of him before this.
Wow. So, you didn't know who he was, but still LOL'd at having heard that?
Feb 03, 2014, 12:57 PM
BE77 Pilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Wow. So, you didn't know who he was, but still LOL'd at having heard that?
I heard he was a rich Hollywood actor. But you are right, shouldn't have laughed.