Mar 06, 2015, 07:42 AM
Thread OP
Is everything else working properly. Do you see the Cb20 and the 2 receivers in the Wireless modes/Trainer menu as being active.

I am in Europe right now. The link I gave you states the minimum version required to make it work. Your radio will tell you which one you have. If you are at least up to these versions then something else is amiss.

Best I can advise for now since you are in Florida is to call Esprit. Being the distributors for Jeti they can help you work it out on the phone.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2015, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Dezubiria
what is the latest version for the CB200 and receivers? I went step by step last night and try again but is not getting any telemetry. The same with a couple of friends who the same radios and we are try to set it up. Probably it need an update? How can you help check it out? Do you have a phone number to discuss it if possible?

thanks again
What version software is your transmitter? Latest is V3.02.
What version software are your R3s? Latest is V3.23.
What version software is your CB200? Latest is V1.2.
I'd make sure all are at using the latest software.

Use Device Explorer to access CB200 and verify that Ex1 and Ex 2 are configured as Telemetry Inputs.
Double check the polarity of all connections, it's very easy to plug the sensors in backwards.
Select AUTO in Sensors/Logging. If it finds devices, use Displayed Telemetry to add them to the main screen display.

Hope this helps.
Wayne
Last edited by wfield0455; Mar 06, 2015 at 11:21 AM.
Mar 07, 2015, 10:50 AM
Ramon
hello Wayne,

I found out that the radio was not updated. I thought it was because it was new. On the other hand, on the CB200, the expander setting should be in jetibox or EX Bus?

Thanks,

Ramon
Mar 07, 2015, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzubiria
hello Wayne,

I found out that the radio was not updated. I thought it was because it was new. On the other hand, on the CB200, the expander setting should be in jetibox or EX Bus?

Thanks,

Ramon
I set the R3s to talk EX Bus and on the CB200, under General Settings, Expander Settings, I have Ext1 set to EX Bus. Then, since you said you are using Ext1 and 15/Ext to connect your telemetry devices, under Alternative Pin Config set Ext/Pin 15: as Ex Bus as well..

Wayne
Mar 07, 2015, 11:08 AM
Thread OP
Please go step by step on the set up I gave you:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2095180

The answer as in step 4

Quote:
4) Use Device Explorer to Configure the two R3/RSW's and the Central Box
- In Model -> Device Explorer you should see "R3 EX" twice in the list. Scroll to the first one and select
- change the output mode to EX Bus. The Tx will ask if you want to apply changes, press yes.
I know it seems long to read but follow it and everything will workout.
Aug 15, 2015, 05:09 PM
Ramon

telemetry capacity reading

Hello,

I am using a DS16 with a CB200. The radio is receiving a strange reading of the mah consumption from the CB200 telemetry. The capacity in increasing fast but is only the reading because the battery are good.

The strange thing is that I have two more airplane with the same setting and both telemetry are good, what the radio is receiving as a consumption is really what the airplane is using.

what I did was to copy the programming of one airplane and adjusted to the new one because they are the similar.

could anybody help find what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Ramon
Aug 16, 2015, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzubiria
Hello,

I am using a DS16 with a CB200. The radio is receiving a strange reading of the mah consumption from the CB200 telemetry. The capacity in increasing fast but is only the reading because the battery are good.

The strange thing is that I have two more airplane with the same setting and both telemetry are good, what the radio is receiving as a consumption is really what the airplane is using.

what I did was to copy the programming of one airplane and adjusted to the new one because they are the similar.

could anybody help find what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Ramon

Have you tried going into telemetry settings and pressing the AUTO function key to force the telemetry system to rediscover all the telemetry items supported by the new model? I have seen multiple copies of telemetry items (some of which are stale) still be in the list after copying model memories and as a result I had the incorrect one displayed. Pressing AUTO reset everything so there was a single copy of each telemetry item in the list and once reselected everything worked correctly. Can't be certain that is what is happening to you though..

Wayne
Mar 03, 2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the awesome tutorial. Question, see picture. Is this correct or should my 2nd R3 also have CBOX200 listed beside it?
Mar 03, 2016, 10:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Thanks for the awesome tutorial. Question, see picture. Is this correct or should my 2nd R3 also have CBOX200 listed beside it?
No this is perfectly correct only one of the two will show the CB200 underneath it.

This actually, I found, could vary to being the top one or the bottom one on the list depending on the sequence of event you follow while activating everything.
Mar 04, 2016, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
No this is perfectly correct only one of the two will show the CB200 underneath it.

This actually, I found, could vary to being the top one or the bottom one on the list depending on the sequence of event you follow while activating everything.
Cool thanks. All seemed to be working fine just wanted to be certain.
Mar 07, 2016, 11:47 PM
Goes to eleven!
Puttputtmaru
Do you think the setup for the CB400 would be similar?
I have one I will be setting up soon on a big (expensive) project.

Also - concerned about the lock-up of some of the servo channels on the CB 400 I heard about recently - hopefully Jeti will do update to fix soon?

They did respond in the other thread knowing about it-

Joe
Mar 08, 2016, 07:36 AM
Thread OP
Joe not having a CB400, I cannot confirm that the set up would be the same but I don't see why not being similar type of product as the CB200

The BEC will need set up based on the batteries and servos you will use but I don't foresee anything else being different.

The lock up is a concern but Jeti, as you mentioned, is informed about it. Jeti has a good track record of responding fast to most problems.
Apr 14, 2016, 11:42 PM
Hey everyone, maybe you can help me with my problem. I have the CB200 with three EX R3/RSW's I have updated everything and configured all my settings correctly. I am running a mix of JR HV8911's/MKS777HV/MKS1220HV. When all connected the rudder servo (MKS777) starts jittering like crazy almost like trying to find the center point. When I connect the same servo to my EX R12 REX it works perfectly fine. my other MKS servos don't do that at all. At first I thought it was the wire but its not. then the servo but if it was the servo it would do the same thing on the R12. Then I tried to hook it up to just one of the R3's extra ports it worked fine with all the other servos connected to the CB200. I was told to not hook it up directly to the R3. I have another servo order to make sure but I am lost and cant figure out what its doing that. I also made up a new servo extension and it does the same thing with it as well. Both my batteries are good and charged I am using Ion 7.4V 2C. Please see links for videos

First video trying to figure it out

MKS 777 servo flutter (4 min 22 sec)

The next one is with the servo in the R3

Fixed the issue I think HV MKS 777 And Jeti CB 200 (3 min 39 sec)

The last one is back the way it was due to being told not to plug it into the R3

MKS777 rudder issue on CB200 (9 min 1 sec)

Please Please Please help.
Apr 15, 2016, 04:59 AM
In search of speed......
The setup is identical, same procedure, I haven't fully setup mine yet so I cannot comment of the servo lockup, it's also going into a relatively expansive planes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK13
Puttputtmaru
Do you think the setup for the CB400 would be similar?
I have one I will be setting up soon on a big (expensive) project.

Also - concerned about the lock-up of some of the servo channels on the CB 400 I heard about recently - hopefully Jeti will do update to fix soon?

They did respond in the other thread knowing about it-

Joe
Apr 15, 2016, 06:57 AM
Not Insane
There's a 3.25 firmware for R3, you might update and see what that does.

Dan

Quick Reply