This thread is privately moderated by AA5BY, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 03, 2014, 09:57 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

My World View

We all have one... and mine starts with man's primate struggle to survive. He learned quickly that behavior was critical. Destructive behavior lowered the odds. He labeled that kind of behavior sin and taught his children to avoid. The dichotomy between good and evil was born out of the challenge to survive and live a quality life.

Teaching aids of stories and myths were created. They evolved into religions and given various authority figures (gods). The stories and gods served the various tribes in the quest to survive by providing order, identity, unity, entertainment, consolation when needed, assurance, comfort, hope, maps to guide them toward the future, and much more.

That so many various tribes and cultures had their unique narratives and gods, evidences a human pattern of thought and creative expression. Of course, each will be tempted to claim that his is better or the only true reality.

In our modern mobile world, our neighbors are global and we are challenged to respect and find peace with them rather than war about which religion is true. It might be helpful to accept that they all are alternate realities.
Last edited by AA5BY; Feb 03, 2014 at 10:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2014, 10:06 AM
AMA 986339 FCC KB5LAM/4
If you've not read them, I'd bet you would really enjoy two books:
The Golden Bough by James Frazier (ISBN 0753703890)
The Ancient Gods by E.O. James (ISBN 0785818332)

David KB5LAM/4
Latest blog entry: RCM Magazine Covers
Feb 03, 2014, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Thanks David.... both look like good reads.
Mar 04, 2015, 07:49 AM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
People create governments for the very same reasons . Beware the god of government . The government god (mis) - uses religion and is often behind destructive acts such as wars of religions .
Mar 04, 2015, 07:59 AM
Thread OP
Good points.
Mar 05, 2015, 10:12 AM
Ik heb het niet gedaan!
Tnx , de kg8lb
Mar 05, 2015, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
btw... I had to look up Marysville. I was raised near a little community called Greenbush (South of Alpena about forty miles)but hadn't heard of your community. I see it was off my beaten trail.

Arlyn

Quick Reply