Feb 01, 2014, 11:03 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Zenmuse for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera on S1000

You guys might be interested in this fresh from my trip to DJI's stand at the international toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany (and lightbridge? Hmmmm yummy! ):
to remove ads between posts
Feb 03, 2014, 03:52 AM
GRC tecel
Yes - same thing DJI posted pictures from end last Nov. As you can see there is no wireing, no hdmi cable, no converter so it is more a dummy. And no acces to SDcard nor battery. Old pictures:
Feb 03, 2014, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetBen
You guys might be interested in this fresh from my trip to DJI's stand at the international toy fair in Nuremberg, Germany (and lightbridge? Hmmmm yummy! ):
Thanks!!!

I suppose that would be the 1st official appearance for the long waited for, BMPC Zenmuse??

Because as far as I know, besides the teasing photos that DJI posted a while ago, there has been no info about it!

Did you manage to get some details, technical info and public release date?
Feb 03, 2014, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecel
Yes - same thing DJI posted pictures from end last Nov. As you can see there is no wireing, no hdmi cable, no converter so it is more a dummy. And no acces to SDcard nor battery. Old pictures:
Good observation Tecel! Was helplessly looking to see how the wiring was done! The only good thing i guess is that the BMPC Zen is obviously still in the plan and DJI hasn't dropped the project
Feb 03, 2014, 04:14 AM
Needs more bacon!
No converter probably because it will prob work with DJI lightbridge HD transmitter and more. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2091053
Feb 03, 2014, 04:40 AM
Thread OP
Sorry, No technical details except to say the micro HDMI is connected to the gimbal, you can see the connection to the right of the camera on the last image. If you look close and compare my last image with the old pics it looks like the wiring now goes out through the centre of the bearing opposite the tilt brushless motor. These photos were taken by me 2 days ago of a working gimbal and yes I would guess this will work great with Lightbridge (fingers crossed!). So the Gimbal is real, on public display and I think official details will follow shortly!
Last edited by GadgetBen; Feb 03, 2014 at 07:22 AM.
Feb 03, 2014, 07:31 AM
Thread OP
A closer image showing the small rigid micro HDMI connector to the right on the BMPCC and wiring going out through the bearing on the left.
Feb 03, 2014, 08:36 AM
Quote:
A closer image showing the small rigid micro HDMI connector to the right on the BMPCC and wiring going out through the bearing on the left.
Thanks a lot for sharing! Looks like they finally got rid of the flimsy HDMI cable that has given us such a hard time! Personally had to change it 4 times
Feb 03, 2014, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the Fish
The HDMI needs to flow directly to the GCU and the user needs to have the option of using HDMI or Analog out. Lightbridge will be a huge product for DJI if executed properly. The BMPCC makes the 5D a waste in my opinion. My pro AP friends may have different opinions.
Feb 03, 2014, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
The HDMI needs to flow directly to the GCU and the user needs to have the option of using HDMI or Analog out. Lightbridge will be a huge product for DJI if executed properly. The BMPCC makes the 5D a waste in my opinion. My pro AP friends may have different opinions.

So 5D or BM? Seems quite a cost difference between them both.
Feb 03, 2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the Fish
My vote is for the BMPCC. Less that half the price.
Feb 03, 2014, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
My vote is for the BMPCC. Less that half the price.

Yes I think I agree. And it's pleasing to know that there is now a nice gimbal for it.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDan3
Yes I think I agree. And it's pleasing to know that there is now a nice gimbal for it.
If you don't care about stills, BMPC all the way! Much higher bit-rate than the 5D and shoots RAW.

I've been waiting endlessly for the BMPC Zen and envying the guys who succeeded in converting their Z15n
Feb 03, 2014, 11:35 AM
GRC tecel
Quote:
Damn you are right, hdmi cable and something looking like a converter underneath... So we are going to see the pocket Zenmuse! Great news, cant wait to buy the converter/lanc board from DJI But no access to battery and SDcard...
Feb 04, 2014, 01:13 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
Quote:
Setup looks really good. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Dave

Quick Reply