Dream-Flight Libelle DLG - Page 5 - RC Groups
Feb 05, 2014, 04:57 PM
A large number of inquiries placed to a reliable retail source like Servo City might prove effective at getting the HS-35 HDs available.

email sales@servocity.com

Ken

Woohoo.... the link works. Here's a copy of my enquiry.

"Dreamflight is releasing a new DLG glider designed to use HS-35 HD servos. I'd like to order 4. When do you expect them to be back in stock?" Enough enquiries leads to the retailer leaning on the wholesale supplier/manufacturor to grease the money machine. (or some sneaky bugger has cornered the world supply and is gonna' hold 'em hostage for Beeeg Dinero! )

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2014, 06:17 PM
"Will Slope For Food"
I just ordered the Hitec HS 35HD servos from ebay.
Feb 05, 2014, 10:59 PM
I guess I need to get on the pre-order list or wait a year for the next batch. Steve, Micheal, I still want a Weasel!!

Richard
Feb 06, 2014, 02:17 AM
This is NOT an aerobatic glider. If it had a symmetrical airfoil, well then sure. I'm not saying that because of criteria, or lack of, it's just a fact. I used to have an Omega 1.5m hlg (old school) from NSP. It was a straight wing w/ dihedrel, full span ailerons, and V-tail. Originally it was 12oz's, but after some repairs, it was 13oz's. I'd used as a light lift slope plane and flew aerobatics with it, but it didn't perform aerobatics well because it had a semi symmetrical airfoil. It rolled better than DLG's or other HLG'S, but still not real well and required down elevator inverted. If you want a light lift aerobatic glider try one of Justins gliders.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2089215

The Libelle looks great, will fill a niche, but it is what is. I do hope they bring back the other though.

Bob
Feb 06, 2014, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snewk
A large number of inquiries placed to a reliable retail source like Servo City might prove effective at getting the HS-35 HDs available.

email sales@servocity.com

Ken

Woohoo.... the link works. Here's a copy of my enquiry.

"Dreamflight is releasing a new DLG glider designed to use HS-35 HD servos. I'd like to order 4. When do you expect them to be back in stock?" Enough enquiries leads to the retailer leaning on the wholesale supplier/manufacturor to grease the money machine. (or some sneaky bugger has cornered the world supply and is gonna' hold 'em hostage for Beeeg Dinero! )

Ken

I think that's a very good idea I think I'll shoot off an email to servo city right now
Feb 06, 2014, 08:53 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
This is NOT an aerobatic glider. If it had a symmetrical airfoil, well then sure. I'm not saying that because of criteria, or lack of, it's just a fact. I used to have an Omega 1.5m hlg (old school) from NSP. It was a straight wing w/ dihedrel, full span ailerons, and V-tail. Originally it was 12oz's, but after some repairs, it was 13oz's. I'd used as a light lift slope plane and flew aerobatics with it, but it didn't perform aerobatics well because it had a semi symmetrical airfoil. It rolled better than DLG's or other HLG'S, but still not real well and required down elevator inverted. If you want a light lift aerobatic glider try one of Justins gliders.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2089215

The Libelle looks great, will fill a niche, but it is what is. I do hope they bring
back the other though.

Bob
I do not think they meant that aerobatic, of course it would not be as good as a Le Fish or a Flow or Justin's plane in that sense, but my friend brings his DLG at the slope and does really good maneuver's with it. More than your average mill plane could do in the same conditions, not to mention you can disc launch it for some extra fun! Plus you cannot beat the price point and easy build! I have been wanting a DLG to fill that gap from 0-7mph wind but did not want to spend $500-$700 to do that. I have been using the Alula to fill that gap, but I think a DLG would do better. Also, those other planes are great in light conditions when you have more vertical wind, the slope I fly mainly isn't too steep so the Le Fish needs more wind then the Alula does to stay up.

I too am anxious for the Weasel to come back. Plus I believe they mention something on even working on another new model as well? Very exciting.
Feb 06, 2014, 10:29 AM
Nothing to see here...
All this negative feedback on a plane no one has flown.
Dreamflight has provided great products that I have loved.
I will purchase one and enjoy it for what it is.
Every type of plane serves a purpose. This type I don't have its price entry has kept me away. Dreamflight has fixed that.
Thanks Michael
I look forward to flyin it.

Rubio
Who intends to do some Sano flyin
Latest blog entry: The Man they call .... Rubio
Feb 06, 2014, 11:05 AM
Flying with a "higher power"
The next DF thing....... Aero Glide?

This is what I'm dreaming of
The Aero-Glide UltraBatics Slope Glider Prototype (3 min 27 sec)

"YOU CAN'T STOP IT!!!"
Feb 06, 2014, 11:43 AM
Flagstaff, AZ
My Le Fish is pretty aerobatic... even though it "only" has a semi-symetrical wing airfoil (SB96). The snap-flap mix and 4th-Axis (camber/reflex on the throttle stick) allow me to control the wing camber/performance pretty well. I will set up my Libelle the same way and I have a feeling that it will be pretty aerobatic.

Michael's designs are well thought out (nicely engineered; easy to build; great manual/support; cool packaging... etc). He tends to produce gliders that have a nice sweet spot... not pure aerobatic; not pure speed/performance; not pure thermal; but pure fun to fly!

Dawson
Feb 06, 2014, 03:07 PM
Auzzie built planks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67econoline
All this negative feedback on a plane no one has flown.
Dreamflight has provided great products that I have loved.
I will purchase one and enjoy it for what it is.
Every type of plane serves a purpose. This type I don't have its price entry has kept me away. Dreamflight has fixed that.
Thanks Michael
I look forward to flyin it.

Rubio
Who intends to do some Sano flyin
+1 built for a propose and it will exel at that job I'm sure

Dawson is right..... Built for pure fun DF haven't built something that's not fun. I think LIB will let people explore there boundaries of where they would normally not fly with an composite DLG and for people that don't have a great slope will be able to get some hight etc
Hopefully we will have a sneak peek and video soon that will help people understand what it can do

Tim
Last edited by timbuck; Feb 06, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Feb 06, 2014, 03:12 PM
Nothing to see here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck
+1 built for a propose and it will exel at that job I'm sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonh
Michael's designs are well thought out (nicely engineered; easy to build; great manual/support; cool packaging... etc). He tends to produce gliders that have a nice sweet spot... not pure aerobatic; not pure speed/performance; not pure thermal; but pure fun to fly!

Dawson

Dawson
Is much better with words than I am. Well put Dawson.
Latest blog entry: The Man they call .... Rubio
Feb 06, 2014, 03:53 PM

Not Aerobatic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
This is NOT an aerobatic glider. If it had a symmetrical airfoil, well then sure.
I find that some one-sided airfoiled slopers in some ways actually outperform some "dedicated" types with symmetrical foils. With good use of proportional flapperon (manually controlled, not "snap-flap") I can get solid loaded outside carves & wraps in a much tighter box than with my larger, heavier " dedicated" aerobats (Voltij, Wasabi & truncated Falco). The single vector foil keeps you up with the floaters when lift is poor & gives enough altitude to burn on aggressive stunts on the way down. Even an undercambered "bird" foiI can be somewhat compensated for. I actually enjoy my Hybrid more than the beefier wagons for close in & 4 quadrant stuff though the others can, with effort, be horsed around low, inverted @ slope top.

The main drawback likely to be seen in the Libelle is what I observed in my Topflight Super Mini....lack of inertia so that maneuvers start crisply but fade fast as momentum is eaten by control throws, wing flat-plate drag in rolls & partial stalls in tight pitch tricks. It should slice better than the "ultrabat" types with their general thickness. I'm sure that it will, when flown as are my others, be basically capable of maneuvers even without modifications.

Richard
Last edited by CFIMEI; Feb 06, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
Feb 06, 2014, 03:55 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
I could not agree more! +2 to all those!
Feb 06, 2014, 04:02 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfimei
i find that some one-sided airfoiled slopers in some ways actually outperform some "dedicated" types with symmetrical foils. ....... The single vector foil keeps you up with the floaters when lift is poor & gives enough altitude to burn on aggressive stunts on the way down. Even an undercambered "bird" foii can be somewhat compensated for. .....

Richard
+2!
Feb 06, 2014, 06:08 PM
Reply from Servo City

"We are expecting them in late February to early March. Keep an lookout on our website as they may be here sooner.

Sales Department | ServoCity"

Ken

Quick Reply