Dream-Flight Libelle DLG - Page 4 - RC Groups
Feb 04, 2014, 09:04 AM
has anyone sent them a message to get on the preorder list? i sent one when this was first posted but didnt get any kind of automated reply or anything from their system. should i assume they have my email or should i try again?
thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2014, 09:50 AM
I hope this model will popularize DLG flight as $ and build challenges have kept folks from getting involved. Very nice work!..
Feb 04, 2014, 10:03 AM
Slope-a-Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by vascoboy
I hope this model will popularize DLG flight as $ and build challenges have kept folks from getting involved. Very nice work!..
I'm with ya on that! The Alula got me into DLG ( now 5 ships and 2 Alulas)...but what would be cool is to see the DLG flippers take their carbon and kevlar ships to the slopes. I do!!!

The Libelle on the slopes might open that door. Anybody who has flung their DLG off a mountain, cliff, hill, slope, dune or whatever structure with lift knows that when ALL the other planes are grounded due to light air a DLG will still keep soaring!

We have a huge DLG community here in Utah but it seems I'm the Lone Ranger on the slopes with mine.
Latest blog entry: First PSS Warbird effort
Feb 04, 2014, 12:18 PM

DLG's @ Slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 0;27406070

...but what would be cool is (sic) to see the DLG flippers take their carbon and kevlar ships to the slopes. I do!!!
I've been doing that for years too with smaller DLG's that are heavier than the really competitive types but have more energy retention so they can really carve n' wrap in close & do crisp, concatenated, aerobatics. They will stay up in modest lift along with the bigger glasser floaters & you can obviously toss them up to good maneuvering altitude on launch.

This one may need some beefing & added mass for my needs but it looks like a really good starting point for DLG/slope use.

Richard
Last edited by CFIMEI; Feb 04, 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Feb 04, 2014, 02:01 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFIMEI
I've been doing that for years too with smaller DLG's that are heavier than the really competitive types but have more energy retention so they can really carve n' wrap in close & do crisp, concatenated, aerobatics. They will stay up in modest lift along with the bigger glasser floaters & you can obviously toss them up to good maneuvering altitude on launch.

This one may need some beefing & added mass for my needs but it looks like a really good starting point for DLG/slope use.

Richard

Right on! agreed.
Latest blog entry: First PSS Warbird effort
Feb 04, 2014, 05:36 PM
EPP Extrordinare
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGAF
I hope theres a better battery around. 300 mah seems pretty low with 4 servos
I get these cells here: http://www.alofthobbies.com/4-8v-480-1-3aa-flat.html they are rated at 480mah and are a much higher quality pack than the 300mah packs so they hold their charge more consistently. but maybe there's enough room in the pod for a LiFe pack?
Feb 04, 2014, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 oclock charlie
has anyone sent them a message to get on the preorder list? i sent one when this was first posted but didnt get any kind of automated reply or anything from their system. should i assume they have my email or should i try again?
thanks
Charlie; Have Faith......I haven't seen anyone post that they got a confimation email. I suspect the guys are busier even they thought they might be at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if Dreamflight did another contest like with the most recent Alula release. "Guess the number sold in the first 30 days!" Right now my guess would be around 900-1100 units. Then again I'm an optimistic idiot. but believe Libelle is going to be Dreamflight's greatest success thus far. Lot's more flat ground, barns, tree lines and other marginal sloping zones than there are great sloping sites.

Ken
Feb 04, 2014, 06:31 PM
Im in. Been Wanting a dlg for the slope. Cant wait to do some slopebatics with it.
Looks pretty promising.
Feb 04, 2014, 06:36 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 oclock charlie
thanks
I got an email back from George and I'm on the preorder list.
Feb 04, 2014, 06:43 PM
yea george just replied to me i bet he's busy.
im in.
Feb 04, 2014, 09:31 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
I got a confirmation email today! Wahoo! On the list. I sent it like 3-4 days ago.
Feb 04, 2014, 11:53 PM
I got my confirmation today!!
Feb 05, 2014, 02:47 PM
I got my reply as well

I can't wait!!!!!
Feb 05, 2014, 03:05 PM
So now that I know I'm on the list I am starting to contemplate hardware...

I looked up the HS 35HD's that they recommend but they seem to be out of stock most everywhere? Does anyone have a source in the US that they know of that are in stock?

If I cant get the HS 35HD's do you think that the D47's could be used as a replacement. they are slightly bigger and slightly heavier but at least I could get them. I know nobody has the Libelle in their hands now to see if they'd be a good replacement
or not but I'm just spitballing ideas out there looking for input that's all.
Feb 05, 2014, 04:29 PM
Taranis Tyro...
I'd be pretty confident the D47/SD100 will fit; it's been a well used servo for DLG for years, and it's only a mm or so thicker. The only disadvantage is that they do have a tendency to drift slightly with temp changes.

Quick Reply