Dream-Flight Libelle DLG - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 02, 2014, 02:18 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dumb Thumb
MattyB:
Maybe post this in the DLG forum? Too bad it looks like Dream-Flight is getting out of the slope plane business. Maybe their interests are changing as time goes on? The Alula has been discontinued according to their website leaving them with no planes till this DLG comes out.
Nope...

"From 2009 to 2014 the Alula-evo has had an inspiring run. We are so proud to have offered a model that has become the go-to light lift glider for so many soaring enthusiasts around the globe. Thanks to all our customers who have made this product the cornerstone of Dream-Flight over the last few years!

Recently, there have been a mounting number of manufacturing difficulties with this model. In order to move forward, we regrettably must discontinue the evo series version of the Alula. OK, don’t fret… an ending in this case means new beginnings! Over the last year we’ve been working hard on fresh designs and expanding our manufacturing capabilities. We are so excited to apply these resources to future products, and to take the Alula design to the next level."
Last edited by MattyB; Feb 02, 2014 at 02:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2014, 04:09 PM
Thanks for digging up that message from Dreamflight, Matty. They've said much the same regarding the Weasel and I've no reason to doubt that a year from now Dreamflight will have their whole fleet back in production. They may also produce an ultrabatic wing/empennage version of the Libelle. I sure hope so!!

Ken
Feb 02, 2014, 08:53 PM
Not that interested in ailerons.

If I'm not mistaken, the problem with the Alula's was that they were so tail heavy with such a large nose section. So people had to put a lot of weight in the nose, and then were complaining that the nose sections kept breaking off. Which is understandable considering how much weight is in there along with how hard you're throwing it.

And I kind of see the same thing here...
Feb 02, 2014, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla

If I'm not mistaken, the problem with the Alula's was that they were so tail heavy with such a large nose section. So people had to put a lot of weight in the nose, and then were complaining that the nose sections kept breaking off. Which is understandable considering how much weight is in there along with how hard you're throwing it.

Looks like the libelle has a black shell covering the lower half of the fuselage, which would make it much stronger than the Allula's nose. Hard to tell from the pictures.
Feb 02, 2014, 10:52 PM
WAA-08 Survivor
Oh this does look good! I've been thinking about a light wind slope/DLG glider as my next plane.
Feb 02, 2014, 11:35 PM
Fly Fly Fly Crash
Put me on the waiting list
Feb 03, 2014, 02:18 AM
C'mon more Energy
Keen for one of these!
Feb 03, 2014, 08:36 AM
Stoked on this! Perfect for travel.
I love my Alula but it's not quite as floaty as I want for flat land soaring, I think this will do the trick
Feb 03, 2014, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla

I've got the 300mah in mine w/ 8 pennies up front w/ it. A little bit of CF inside the very front, a little piece at the corner of fuse/wing junctions, and 2 thin bamboo skewers in the sides of the fuse into the wing. NBD.

But why did they have to kill the Alula?
Feb 03, 2014, 01:30 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
But why did they have to kill the Alula?
The Alula isn't dead - au contraire mon frere- some maufacturing hiccups with the foam injection caused a pause in production ( maybe a huge pause). It's getting re-tooled and resurrected.....just not soon enough for any of us.
Latest blog entry: First PSS Warbird effort
Feb 03, 2014, 05:16 PM
Wow..

Just came across this thread..I want one too!

Nice work Michael !

:harry
Feb 03, 2014, 06:00 PM
Flying with a "higher power"
Alula Wing Loading 3.42 oz/sqft Weasel 4.8 oz/sqft Libelle 4.3 - 4.5 oz/sqft

Can't wait to see a video :-)
Feb 03, 2014, 11:22 PM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
I think we all need an answer on the Weasel though!!! Please give us something even if it will be 2 years, or we haven't done anything with it yet, but more hopefully the you will tells us it will be out in a couple of months. Come on. You cannot leave us hanging like this. We need to know about the new Weasel. Got a drawing of it yet? Prototype picture of it? Anything??!!!!
Last edited by Diceman89; Feb 04, 2014 at 07:30 AM.
Feb 03, 2014, 11:37 PM
Closed Account
I hope theres a better battery around. 300 mah seems pretty low with 4 servos
Feb 04, 2014, 07:39 AM
Probably won't be too big a deal Justin, those Hitecs don't pull much juice and battery switch out looks real easy with the hatch access. That being said we know there's going to be a lot of options tried out. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing one in your hands so we can get an idea of it's aerobatic abilities.

Ken

Quick Reply