Dream-Flight Libelle DLG - Page 131 - RC Groups
Feb 11, 2018, 07:18 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupeloflyer
Update on dream flight battery pack, I might have made a mistake and started using it straight out of the box without charging first? Now that Iíve charged it and used it, and charged it again the problem seems to have gone away..... I think it just needed cycling a couple of times?
The Dream Flight NiMH battery packs are not made with Low Self Discharge cells, so I can pretty much guarantee you that the pack was nearly dead when you started using it.

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2018, 04:49 AM
Cloudrider
Quote:
DF’s stock battery for the Libelle, what kind of flight times are y’all getting? I’ve had mine on the bench testing mixes and setups till my rx started to brownout? Doesn’t seem to take very long, kinda concerned about a maiden at this point? Any ideas?
Tupel you need to properly cycle the new battery, the capacity does then come up to specs. But you should do this carefully, at minimal current for best results. 50mA or less where possible. I've found the same issue on a number of the packs when I build them for people.

Cheers Paul. UK
Feb 14, 2018, 04:21 PM
Dixie Sky Devils
Anyone with any launch mode mixes and or any other mixes that work well for you with the Libelle, Iím all ears, or eyes rather...
Feb 14, 2018, 04:24 PM
If you have a 3 position sw, utilize it.

Middle is neutral, up is 1/16" reflex, down is 1/'8" camber.

Launch in reflex, push over at the top and take it out.

When you find lift, use camber.
Feb 16, 2018, 02:36 PM
-=BS=-
My Libelle went together very easily.
The hardest part was sticking on the wing reinforcement tape - even with the wet float technique.
Using the standard flight pack I was encouraged to see a weight of 279g...
Then I tried to balance it! It took 29g if lead in the nose! So now it’s a porky 308g

Oh well...
Feb 16, 2018, 02:59 PM
You might be able to take some of that out, especially if you can move it any forward, as you trim flight it.
Feb 18, 2018, 02:40 PM
Dixie Sky Devils
Flew my Libelle for the first time today. I was quite surprised at the altitudes I got with some very light throws! Had to remove one 1/4 oz weight after I thought the cg was dead on, and the glue joint on the vertical fin to boom broke loose on a accidental asphalt landing, but other than that I liked it for my first attempt at dlg. I added a small square of fiberglass around the boom to the vertical fin, I would highly recommend that if you donít plan to catch it every time. You donít need any up elevator dialed in for launch, it goís up just fine without it, a small amount of reflex is ok, and Iím a lefty and I found just a little left rudder on launch helped straighten it out. I can see it would be easy to get hooked on this! Probably will see a better dlg in my future
Feb 18, 2018, 05:36 PM
-=BS=-
Did a few test glides today on a breezy afternoon and experienced DLGers recommended I leave the CG alone for now.
Seems balanced and the trim is good.
Now on to learning how to throw and catch properly.
Unfortunately all that nose weight will have to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2bob
You might be able to take some of that out, especially if you can move it any forward, as you trim flight it.
Feb 18, 2018, 06:17 PM
-=BS=-

Flight profiles on DX9

How do I get the DX9 programmed for flaps?

Iím in the right menu, but must be missing something because itís not working
Mixing menu
AIL>FLP
Switch set to throttle stick
Position 0 (throttle all the way down) and dial in the %

But I donít see the ailerons responding

Thansk
Feb 19, 2018, 02:39 AM
No idea unless I was there.

But Ali>Flp says "inh" i.e. inhibited vs "act" i.e. active
Feb 20, 2018, 04:25 PM
Dixie Sky Devils
Do you have your wing type set to flaperons? In my gen 2 DX8 with wing type set to flaperons you do throttle to LAR or left alieron and my camber and reflex works fine on throttle stick?
You need to have a 6 or more channnel rx and plug left aileron in to aux 1 ch and right aileron into aile ch and in system setting go to wing type and select flaperons tail normal and in mixes select throttle first and lar (left aile) and your flaperons will work on throttle stick.
If that doesn’t help shoot me a PM and I’ll see if I can help you more...
Last edited by tupeloflyer; Feb 20, 2018 at 04:44 PM.
Feb 20, 2018, 06:40 PM
Dixie Sky Devils
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
The hardest part was sticking on the wing reinforcement tape - even with the wet float technique.
Then I tried to balance it! It took 29g if lead in the nose! So now itís a porky 308g

Oh well...
Mine is pushing 300g. I went ahead and used 30 min epoxy on my wing and made it permanent on the fuse and a small square glass and epoxy job on the vertical fin and rudder. It was between 296 and 300 weighing it on the nose holding the boom lightly. Itís pretty porky too for what it is, but it still flew well for me, other than being too windy to trim it like I wanted...
Feb 20, 2018, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
Then I tried to balance it! It took 29g if lead in the nose! So now it’s a porky 308g

Oh well...
I have those Libelle wing reinforcement clear laminates but never put them on.

Since I might do so in the future, shouldn't they go on the bottom?

Seems like if they are put on the top that they wouldn't do much to keep the wing from bowing upward during a hard launch.

Oh, nevermind.

Just went on the site and saw that there's four of them and they go on the top and bottom.

Bob
Feb 20, 2018, 10:04 PM
-=BS=-
Thanks for the reply.
I tried what you suggested and still not getting it.
I think thereís something fundamental that Iím not understanding. Spoiled by all the bind and fly umx planes I guess...
Back to step one:
Model type: sail plane
Sailplane type: 2 Ailerons Tail normal and Motor inhibit

Right so far?

Camber preset:
Launch is the only option
I put in the values you see in the screen shot and surfaces donít move

Camber system:
Launch assigned to input A
But toggling the switch does not change it to launch or cruise mode in the main screen

Seems thatís the first thing to figure out before getting into flaps!

So what an I missing?
Iíve read the dX9 manual and looked for tutorial videos and havenít found the magic yet.
Thanks for the help.
Happy to take it to a PM if this is mucking up the thread.

Quote:
Do you have your wing type set to flaperons? In my gen 2 DX8 with wing type set to flaperons you do throttle to LAR or left alieron and my camber and reflex works fine on throttle stick?
You need to have a 6 or more channnel rx and plug left aileron in to aux 1 ch and right aileron into aile ch and in system setting go to wing type and select flaperons tail normal and in mixes select throttle first and lar (left aile) and your flaperons will work on throttle stick.
If that doesnít help shoot me a PM and Iíll see if I can help you more...
Feb 21, 2018, 06:41 AM
aka: Scott Ellis
Somebody gave me this file, so I'm no expert on how any of it works, but it might help to load it on your radio (to a "dummy" Libelle, probably, so you don't risk making things worse for your active version) and have a look . . .

Quick Reply