Aug 10, 2010, 01:13 AM
I've been wondering the same thing because the ammo cans are usually waterproof with a fairly good air tight seal. I've also wondered if the lipos should be stored in a non-conductive container. Will be waiting for some answers.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 10, 2010, 06:47 PM
3d Kiwi

Lipo storage box

Yes, let's see what comes up. After reading this thread, I've resorted to lining the box with bubble wrap and layering all my lipos in layers of bubble wrap to avoid any punctures or knocks and keep any contacts away from the metal sides. I don't want to end up as a lipo statistic. I purchased a couple of second hand lipos a while ago, but my personal decision is only to buy new from now on, as the history is just not known otherwise, and a nasty could await. Regards - Rick
Aug 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
Kind of amazing. It wasn't more than a few years ago, the general concensus was that the fire potential of LiPos was something Chicken Littles were making up. Now, here's some numbers to show that they need careful treatment.
Aug 11, 2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miven
Have you ever used Gravityhobby Lipo batteries? I find it these days, quite good.
I hear that they are terrible and randomly catch on fire alot.
Aug 11, 2010, 09:31 PM
It is true that Lipo batteries need careful treatment. From many videos, learn that if
U use it in a improper way, it will catch on fire. Treasure it!
Aug 12, 2010, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miven
It is true that Lipo batteries need careful treatment. From many videos, learn that if
U use it in a improper way, it will catch on fire. Treasure it!
Congrats on your first post that doesn't contain thinly veiled spam.
Aug 13, 2010, 08:21 AM
SARG5
SARG5
I also have 3 ammo cans. Would like to know if we should drill several GAS FIRE EXCAPE HOLES IN THE CAN.
FLYING AND SEEING THE COUNTRY WE DEFEND
Aug 20, 2010, 06:32 PM
You down with EPP?
What's the best charger for under $100 that can charge 4S and 5S 5000mah lipos safely, efficiently, and fast?

Thanks
Aug 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
Fly now crash later
I'm using an Accucel8 from hobby king.
Aug 20, 2010, 11:09 PM
3d Kiwi

Ammo cans and holes

Seems there's not much input on the subject of ammo cans, so I'm going to drill hole in mine. I can't see the benefit of water tightness, as I'm not exposing to water. I think I'd rather have my smoke alarm go off in any case. A bit of smoke is the worst it could do, so long as you keep the holes away from walls perhaps. Maybe drill holes ontop, so the only way for heat/flames to go is up, and make sure you store the can with nothing on top. That's my 2 cents worth anyway
Rick
Aug 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
Space Coast USA
See Part II

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1287041