Jan 17, 2020, 03:42 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Let me first say that you people here are a bad influence and I blame all of you for forcing me go out and order a Kunai.

Wow, I am so weak.........
to remove ads between posts
Jan 18, 2020, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky's Boy
Let me first say that you people here are a bad influence and I blame all of you for forcing me go out and order a Kunai.

Honestly you will love it, in stock form it has plenty power. It is capable of fast flight, aerobatics and very slow easily controllable landings using spoilerons and I personally always use rudder.
Just make sure you take care to glue the tail feathers on straight and true relative to the wing and she'll fly like an angel.. In the past a few kunai needed a thin ( about 1/2mm ) shim put between the wing and fuse where the hold down screw is but my kunai did not . Make 2-3 shims BUT do several hand launches without power and no shims to start with. If you don't have an excellent glide ratio try adding one shim and repeat.
The only mod I made to mine was to use carbon fibre push rods because I accidentally bent one of the stock wire ones and the other one vibrated in the cf tube tail.
After you get used to to the stock version you can always do what DSD and few others on here did and turned their models into rocket ships. It's a superb plane to mod.
Enjoy that bird
Cheers
Jan 18, 2020, 06:32 PM
MK
MK
Quote:

Weak! Weak! Weak! Weak! Weak! Weak!

Ummm, ok, so are we.
Jan 20, 2020, 11:38 PM

Weak

[QUOTE=Blacky's Boy;43621265]Let me first say that you people here are a bad influence and I blame all of you for forcing me go out and order a Kunai.

OK, I just joined Team Weak... Ordered one today, cant wait to fly this bird
Jan 21, 2020, 12:41 AM
Electric
Facing your weakness is the 1st step in fighting the speed addiction. I think you guys will like them! After all this time the Kunai is still my favorite grab'n go. I grabbed a Tori 2m to try this past Summer to see what thermal hunting and lazy flying an hour at a time was all about but didn't get a chance to fly it more than a few times to report on her so this Spring she'll get some action! They look similar but it's definitely not a Kunai. The motor in it is out of a Kunai and on 4s1800mah and 8x6 the wing flutters.... too fast lol. The Kunai shows why it's called a Warmliner. Two birds with different flight envelopes.
Last edited by DeadstickDuck; Jan 23, 2020 at 01:34 AM.
Jan 21, 2020, 09:41 AM
MK
MK
[QUOTE=jomur;43645361]
Quote:

OK, I just joined Team Weak... Ordered one today, cant wait to fly this bird
Go Team Weak! Report back after your first flight. You will love it!
Jan 22, 2020, 11:32 AM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
I ordered mine from ActivePowerSports back on Jan 17 and found out today that it is still "awaiting" shipping. Not sure what is going on there.
Jan 22, 2020, 02:14 PM
MK
MK
Just got my spare part (canopy) delivered today from Tower. Maybe ActivePowerSports is waiting on supply from distributor (like Great Planes) before sending it to you?

Call them and find out what's going on.
Jan 22, 2020, 04:10 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Unfortunately it looks like there is no phone number listed. And they tell you the reason as it would raise costs to have someone man a phone (!). But it does say that they answer emails within 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
Just got my spare part (canopy) delivered today from Tower. Maybe ActivePowerSports is waiting on supply from distributor (like Great Planes) before sending it to you?

Call them and find out what's going on.
Jan 22, 2020, 04:52 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
ActivePowersports will have them at beginning of FEb., according to an email from them to me. I ordered one and the order went through. The next day, I get an email saying that they are back ordered until then! At least they are quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere.
Jan 22, 2020, 05:02 PM
Foamy and Glider fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
ActivePowersports will have them at beginning of FEb., according to an email from them to me. I ordered one and the order went through. The next day, I get an email saying that they are back ordered until then! At least they are quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere.
My order at ActivePowerSports went through as well. But I haven't received any emails from them. I checked my SPAM folders and everything. The last time I ordered one of these from Amain Hobbies I was told it was on back order until January. I waited for a month and then had to email them to check the status only to be told that it has been "discontinued". So I'm hopeful that it's just a lag in communication and not some (more) chicanery.
Jan 22, 2020, 07:27 PM
Had a chance to maiden the Kunai today. It was everything I hoped for. Flew great. I love my Conscendo and wanted a built up version.
Jan 23, 2020, 01:29 AM
Blacky's Boy, I feel for ya... Dont know whats going on with the supply chain...? Got mine today, everything looks good in the box... hopefully start assembling tomorrow.
Lextek, I am flying the Conscendo right now, So I bought the Kunai, wanted to step up to something a little more aggressive..lol I love my Conscendo, it has been a solid flyer until it took a major Dirt Nap while teaching a young person to fly for the first time...lol Parts are getting scarcse, but im rebuilding it just the same... it's worth saving! Just hope I'm ready for the Kunai....lol
Jan 23, 2020, 03:01 AM
! Just hope I'm ready for the Kunai....lol[/QUOTE]

Believe me if you can fly the conscendo You will be ready for your new kunai no problem.
I have owned and flown both the kunai and conscendo so I do have first hand experience of both. You will find the kunai is capable of a lot faster flight and is more maneuverable than the Conscendo. The beauty of the kunai is it can also fly as slow as the conscendo and land really slowly while still retaining full control. I personally keep my rudder operative because of sudden wind changes where I fly but others do away with rudder and the servo, to each their own. I used spoilerons on mine because we do have a slight downhill slope and don't like walking too far to retrieve it.
You'll love once you get it set up to your liking.
Jan 23, 2020, 06:00 AM
When setting up the Kunai it seemed out balance left-right. I added some weight to one wing. Anyone else notice this? What method did you use for adding weight?

Quick Reply