Jan 30, 2014, 08:33 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

RJ Gritter MX3 Mini by Fancyfoam

RJ sent me this awhile back but I put it off until the release of the full size. Now it is out. I have been flying mine for a while now and really like it. I let a friend take it and now I have to build a new one.
For now it is only available in white and all kits are milled to save weight. The build is real easy and the power to weight is excellent.
We should have video out soon. Likely RJ and Devin will have theirs at E-Fest.
http://fancyfoam-com.3dcartstores.co...ini_p_148.html

Below I have added the basic build pictures. Let me know if you need more information. Sorry for the lack of formal instructions.
CG should start at 5.75" from the nose. After you fly it you can decide if you want to move it back a little more.
Start with the control throw at 50% and 50% expo. It is a small plane and it will be extremely agile.
Mike
Fancyfoam
Last edited by motorhead; Mar 05, 2020 at 06:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2014, 08:55 AM
Look's great!

Tristen
Jan 30, 2014, 09:50 AM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
Guys, this is an especially fun little airplane. It is a magic size and is a perfect light, floaty airplane that rolls surprisingly fast! It's especially fun and easy to fly in small indoor areas. Devin and I flew our prototypes constantly a couple years ago and we're excited to build a couple of new ones now.

It's ideal for the RimFire 200 motor, 2S 180mAh batteries and 3g servos on the tail.

Here's a video of Devin flying his original Mini MX3:
Mini mx3 buffalo indoor fly Devin McGrath (3 min 26 sec)

Enjoy!

RJ
Jan 30, 2014, 10:15 AM
Flying>Life
I remember flying it after ETOC. Flys like a bigger foamy and is very fun to play around with.
Hope you guys enjoy the plane!
Joseph
Jan 30, 2014, 02:25 PM
Team Futaba
Video posted is from the test flight. Airplane is allot of fun after I get my Anubis done I will get some build photos and information up on this thread for the mini.

It's a great airplane and a blast to fly it's the perfect size.

Devin McGrath
Jan 31, 2014, 12:40 AM
awesome work guys it looks great!
Jan 31, 2014, 04:43 PM
Team Futaba
Here are some pictures of my Mini MX3 until I can get some build pictures together from the new one.

Devin McGrath
Last edited by Devin McGRath; Feb 03, 2014 at 04:08 PM.
Jan 31, 2014, 07:35 PM
Will the future scheme be the same ?....
Love it !....
Feb 01, 2014, 12:34 PM
ME at Cal Poly
I am very happy FF is coming out with this mini!! Thank you!

Looks super nice!!

Free
Feb 02, 2014, 03:28 PM
Andres
Looks great, subbed.

-Andres
Feb 02, 2014, 04:15 PM
Awesome looking!
Feb 04, 2014, 01:17 AM
Team Futaba
Started my mini tonight. It's coming along really good.

The airframe weight all framed up with elevator and aileron bracing including push rod linkages for ailerons and ball links and pull pull horns for the tail. So literally everything other than the electronics is 25.4g on my kit.

Devin
Feb 04, 2014, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devin McGRath
Started my mini tonight. It's coming along really good.

The airframe weight all framed up with elevator and aileron bracing including push rod linkages for ailerons and ball links and pull pull horns for the tail. So literally everything other than the electronics is 25.4g on my kit.

Devin

How's the roll rate on it?
Feb 04, 2014, 02:45 PM
Team Futaba
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC4123
How's the roll rate on it?
Roll rate is very good not quite what we get out of the big one with massive Counterbalances but still fast.

Devin
Feb 04, 2014, 03:19 PM
Andres
Will this be available printed or just white? If printed, what scheme should we expect to see?

-Andres

Quick Reply