Aug 29, 2014, 08:12 PM
AIMDROIX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.the.cat
If you don't like the auto focus on GoPro3+, you can engage Protune and then a bunch of focus, colour, colour temp and exposure options opens up.

Sounds like you had fine weather and that increases the dynamic range required to capture a scene like your eye can. You need to work on camera skills and video what can be reasonably captured by something which has about ~11 stops of latitude only. (The eye has ~24 stops)

Noise: audio noise doesn't bleed into video. To clean up that audio noise, ensure the ribbon cable between the USB connector and the H3-3D is properly seated (you can try replacing it). This is the source of whine for most P2 flyers using the H3-3D on 5.8 GHz FPV systems (no or less of a problem on LB).
Gopro doesnt have autofocus is a fixed focus camera. What protunes does is give you a raw image without image correction. You should only use protune when you are going to edit in a video editor.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 29, 2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Placerville
Ed what do you need to put a GH-4 on a Z15-GH3? I heard the cabling is different?
No I was putting a GH4 on a GH4 HD gimbal. The cable was correct.
Aug 29, 2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckBasher
This is interesting Ed. I remember seeing a dji video that mentioned that the hdmi cable has been made longer than needed to allow the usb from h33d to be plugged in at the same time with hdmi without issue. I have been flying this way since I followed that vid now we are being told that its not the correct way?
TB I will check again but the last time that I asked the question when the H3-3D was introduced with the ribbon cable the answer was no. I will report back.
Aug 30, 2014, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaxFX
Gopro doesnt have autofocus is a fixed focus camera. What protunes does is give you a raw image without image correction. You should only use protune when you are going to edit in a video editor.
Thanks. I met spot exposure.
The second part of your response isn't quite correct. Usually, auto colour temperature works but in cloudy skies, especially with greenery, the colour temp selected tends to be too cool. Here is where over-riding is helpful.
The luminance curve on Protune is such that you are more likely to recover shadow detail if this is important.
I would agree that in most instances, the processed version is fine. Its the .jpg vs. Raw debate in still photography for non pros.
Last edited by mike.the.cat; Aug 30, 2014 at 12:22 AM.
Aug 30, 2014, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
TB I will check again but the last time that I asked the question when the H3-3D was introduced with the ribbon cable the answer was no. I will report back.
Thanks ED.
Aug 30, 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.the.cat
If you don't like the auto focus on GoPro3+, you can engage Protune and then a bunch of focus, colour, colour temp and exposure options opens up.

Sounds like you had fine weather and that increases the dynamic range required to capture a scene like your eye can. You need to work on camera skills and video what can be reasonably captured by something which has about ~11 stops of latitude only. (The eye has ~24 stops)

Noise: audio noise doesn't bleed into video. To clean up that audio noise, ensure the ribbon cable between the USB connector and the H3-3D is properly seated (you can try replacing it). This is the source of whine for most P2 flyers using the H3-3D on 5.8 GHz FPV systems (no or less of a problem on LB).

Not audio noise, video noise. Sorry if I was unclear. I appreciate the comments.

Re that particular scene. It literally turned into a dogs breakfast. This has never happened to me before. So I don't consider it a stops issue, especially considering solid lighting throughout the scene. I've never seen this sort of output before.

There is a mod you can do to fix the focus issue, this sets up the lens properly for infinity focus. I think I'll be doing that asap.

Cheers
Aug 30, 2014, 07:12 PM
I posted this in the Zenmuse gimbal thread as well bt I am not sure if it is a gimbal issue or an A2/LB issue. Whenever I power on the 5.8 tx the video stops transmitting and the camera screen comes on as iff the HDMI cable is not connected. When I turn the 5.8 TX off, everything is normal.
Aug 30, 2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by JebSmith
I posted this in the Zenmuse gimbal thread as well bt I am not sure if it is a gimbal issue or an A2/LB issue. Whenever I power on the 5.8 tx the video stops transmitting and the camera screen comes on as iff the HDMI cable is not connected. When I turn the 5.8 TX off, everything is normal.
Why are you using 5.8?
Aug 30, 2014, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Why are you using 5.8?
To control the gimbal. The z15 n doesn't support dual pilot through the lightbridge. Had to buy the dji 5.8.
Aug 30, 2014, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
To control the gimbal. The z15 n doesn't support dual pilot through the lightbridge. Had to buy the dji 5.8.
The lightbridge is on 2.4 and if your do 5.8 for the gimbal you should not have an issue. I did a P2 with 5.8 for RC and the Lightbridge for video without an issue.
Aug 30, 2014, 08:43 PM
Academy of Model Aeronautics
Quote:
Yea it does..you just have to wire it with a S-Bus decoder..mine works great
Aug 30, 2014, 08:51 PM
AMA Member since 1986
Quote:
That's great news. We were speculating about this last week. Where do you attach the external decoder to get access to the light bridge output? What channels map over to the decoder? Any more details about your setup would be most welcome.
Aug 30, 2014, 08:53 PM
Academy of Model Aeronautics
Quote:
Heres a little drawing..I also run the Lightbridge to iosd on the other side
Last edited by 1Placerville; Aug 30, 2014 at 08:56 PM. Reason: forgot drawing
Aug 30, 2014, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the Fish
Just an FYI guys, DJI does not support this.
Aug 30, 2014, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo2112
That's great news. We were speculating about this last week. Where do you attach the external decoder to get access to the light bridge output? What channels map over to the decoder? Any more details about your setup would be most welcome.
Kilrah has been doing this for some time. He was one of the first to verify this was a solid work around. On some decoders you might have to run a 1k pull up.

Quick Reply