Jan 30, 2014, 08:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Lightbridge any info?

Not sure if anyone has posted about DJI Lightbridge. Is this a real product?

1920*1080 video on 2.4 Ghz 1.7km range.

Find more "info" (translation required) http://bbs.5imx.com/BBS/forum.php?mo...extra=page%3D1
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2014, 09:09 AM
The video in that link looks very official.

I don't see why anyone would fake it, there are other Full HD wireless transmitters available. The chinese is quoting 8W consumption for the aerial end, which is pretty beefy for a 2.4GHz system.

Will be very interesting to see the cost for this. I would expect in the order of $1-2k at least.
Jan 30, 2014, 09:41 AM
From the diagram, it looks like you plug your tx in to it via the trainer port. I guess this is to avoid 2.4GHz interference. Just multiplex the controls down the same link as the video etc.

Very interesting.
Jan 30, 2014, 09:49 AM
INAV
Interesting indeed, the fan on the air unit is promising
Jan 30, 2014, 10:11 AM
From the diagram, it looks like a combo control/video transmitter/receiver that completely replaces the antenna in your transmitter? On-board module sends telemetry back to the ground station, and the ground station has multiple video out, as well as two hard connections for an rcTX and a gimbalTX? And because the video/tx signal is combined in a single digital stream, there's no clumsy frequency separation like the Phantom, everything is an integrated 2.4ghz?

I gotta say it's pretty damned exciting. DJI living up to the "innovation" in its name?
Jan 30, 2014, 10:16 AM
Suspended Account
Looks very interesting, basically a complete video and control solution. And with 2 Tx input. Could be the killer setup for a 2 man AP/AV system.
Jan 30, 2014, 10:27 AM
it's indeed a killer setup , an every aerial photog wish for
Jan 30, 2014, 11:14 AM
There is an app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.dji.video
Jan 30, 2014, 11:18 AM
DWA
DWA
1Corinthians 13:1-8
The dawn of a new era has begun!!!

Dave
Jan 30, 2014, 11:41 AM
Wow....looks like it will work with any 2.4ghz TX as well...

Looks very promising. I wonder if it will work with the standard Phantom TX.

Even if its not, hooking it up to a 1080p monitor is very drooling...imagine seeing all the details while doing FPV.
Jan 30, 2014, 11:57 AM
Well... subscribed for news!
Jan 30, 2014, 12:06 PM
I wonder what a unit transmitting 100mW needs 8W coming in and a fan for. It probably has an "FCC mode" for ISM compliance, but under normal use it's full blast, 1W transmission or more.
Jan 30, 2014, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norazil
Wow....looks like it will work with any 2.4ghz TX as well...

Looks very promising. I wonder if it will work with the standard Phantom TX.

Even if its not, hooking it up to a 1080p monitor is very drooling...imagine seeing all the details while doing FPV.

Is there documentation on the tx? My guess on an ideal setup would be that you can use ANY gimbaled analog controller, 2.4ghz or otherwise, as long as it has the appropriate output, and the light bridge will take the signals from the pots and encode a digital tx signal to include with the video control signal. Combining everything into a single 2.4ghz transmission would be the best way to integrate all of these separate signals.
Jan 30, 2014, 12:30 PM
It would be great if it works with the H3-2D though, not sure whether the video output via the rear auxiliary port of the Gopro is in HD though.

From the video, it does look like it was connecting to the Canon 5D via HDMI cable.

If it does, I can see this being used in a normal video production for normal cameras if there is a need for wireless monitoring. Kinda like what Teradek is offering, but cheaper..hopefully.
Jan 30, 2014, 12:34 PM
INAV
To be honest most of people are flying within 100 meters, and for this, 200mW in 2.4GHz is more than enough.

It's not made to fly far obviously, curious to see what this "HD1080" looks like at 1700 meters, I bet for a very heavy compression and very little FPS.
If the system is smart it will probably adjust on the fly with whatever bandwidth is available.

Quick Reply