SJ4000 Action Cam ***Owners Thread*** - Page 77 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 25, 2014, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoz
Exactly, I couldnt agree more with this post and your previous posts about the resolution.

And to your list of factors you could include the fact that these are *action* cameras and being waved around and this constant camera movement affects the quality as much as anything else as the camera struggles to focus on rapidly changing subjects.
Thanks for your consensus gmoz.

Of course, these action cams use a fixed focus lens so they aren't dynamically changing the focal point. Motion blur and "judder" are directly related to scan rate, no matter how good every other component is. At 30 fps the bottom line of the field is captured/displayed 33 msec later than the top line. It should also be kept in mind that motion blur can be introduced on the monitor being used to view the recorded video, so the camera is often blamed for motion blur through no fault of its own.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2014, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli85
Any news about this Billknow ? Is Foxoffer also updating to this one? True or fake..
Thx..
We will sell the SJCAM brand version in 2 days. It is original version.
You will see this brand in future SJ series product.
Jul 25, 2014, 11:27 PM
Hi, im looking to buy this camera from ebay, because its the easiest and cheapest way to chip it to my country, does anybody order it form "heavends"? Or have any suggestion on a good dealer?
Jul 26, 2014, 06:02 AM
Here is mine comparison between gopro hero 3+ and sj4000 with 201405270V01 fw version. .

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...RiSFE3N2tsakE#

Im not sure u can open that link and view photos so pls someone confirm its all ok..

I linked only pics from both cameras coz video i made are over 150mb but the quality difference is same as for pics..
Both cams were on settings 12mpx..auto brightness and all stuff on auto or default settings..
Im a bit disappointed in both camera quality coz pics and videos from mine phone of 8mpx and full hd capabilities recording are better..especially for pics, significantly better..

Major difference (and this is the same for photos and videos) at the end with this two cams are view angle witch is bigger(max 20) at gopro and more vivid colours especially of outside pics which looks nicer for the eyes but not that realistic as with sj4000..sharpness and pixelation quality is pretty much the same..and the size in Mb of pics are approximately 3 times larger at gopro pics..for videos its not the case..almost same size..

At the end im disappointed in gopro more then alot regarding the price ..
Last edited by miroslavpena; Jul 26, 2014 at 07:12 AM.
Jul 26, 2014, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilton
Hi, im looking to buy this camera from ebay, because its the easiest and cheapest way to chip it to my country, does anybody order it form "heavends"? Or have any suggestion on a good dealer?
foxoffer1
Jul 26, 2014, 06:53 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoorthamers
foxoffer1
That seller is great and trusted.
Jul 26, 2014, 08:57 AM
For issues with jello and artifact here is a great tutorial for dealing with it.

http://tomantosfilms.com/798/diy-nd-...-hero-cameras/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Wyl_6E9QmZ4

Hope this helps
Jul 26, 2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by girth67
I recently Scratched the lens, and failed to polish out the scratches suitably. Ive ordered a new lens (170 degree go pro) and stripped the camera down whilst waiting for it to arrive.
As Ive read the facia just pulls off then undo about seven screws and carefully bring the plate out careful not to break the wires.

The lens is held in place by glue which I picked off with a fine blade, I have heard of heating the glue to allow the lens to be screwed off but I didnt have a suitable heat gun.

thought you might like to see the pics.

still waiting for the new lens.

recieved lens from china today and im impressed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170-Degree...item3f36fcd2b2

It was a straight swap and screwed onto threads easily. I thought at first I had recieved a duff lens as there was some glue at the edge of the lens nearest the camera ie the bit that screws in, but looking at the original and its the same.
I screwed the lens in and its not a problem.

I connected the camera to the PC in pc cam mode activating tv mode on the menu,using the usb lead and a webcam program I focused the lens by screwing in and out once happy I hot glued it in place using a cocktail stick making sure the lens did not move on cooling.

re assembled time in total with focusing 30 mins and most of that was finding the web cam program.

As for video results, well its no worse and i think its somewhat sharper but Ill have to take some better video to properly test.

SJ400 lens replacement test. (0 min 44 sec)

the video is on a very sunny day and the subject matter isnt inspiring, but at least is shows the lens can be swapped out or replaced when scratched.
Jul 26, 2014, 07:47 PM
All the gear, but no idea!
Quote:

It was a straight swap and screwed onto threads easily. I thought at first I had recieved a duff lens as there was some glue at the edge of the lens nearest the camera ie the bit that screws in, but looking at the original and its the same.
I screwed the lens in and its not a problem.

I connected the camera to the PC in pc cam mode activating tv mode on the menu,using the usb lead and a webcam program I focused the lens by screwing in and out once happy I hot glued it in place using a cocktail stick making sure the lens did not move on cooling.

re assembled time in total with focusing 30 mins and most of that was finding the web cam program.

As for video results, well its no worse and i think its somewhat sharper but Ill have to take some better video to properly test.

http://youtu.be/5bPIxZ-rcLs

the video is on a very sunny day and the subject matter isnt inspiring, but at least is shows the lens can be swapped out or replaced when scratched.
Videos set to private
Jul 26, 2014, 10:20 PM
i have some av out cable for sell. i'm from malaysia, selling it with RM25. those overseas i can ship it to u.

Jul 26, 2014, 11:47 PM
:)
Quote:

It was a straight swap and screwed onto threads easily.

http://youtu.be/5bPIxZ-rcLs

Thanks for the link. Is that lens glass? Or plastic like the original?
Jul 27, 2014, 01:41 AM
Luck is my skill
Everyone be careful when cleaning your camera, don't use rubbing alcohol and rub to hard.

Had a nasty crash in mud today and when cleaning my white SJ4000 the rubberish coating started to come off with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol. I ended up removing all the thin rubbersih coating off the OK button and top.

Oh well. Here's the video and the crash. As usual YouTube butchered the quality ...

Daitone FPV250 Beach Flight & Crash!!! (3 min 7 sec)
Jul 27, 2014, 05:17 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
Everyone be careful when cleaning your camera, don't use rubbing alcohol and rub to hard.

Had a nasty crash in mud today and when cleaning my white SJ4000 the rubberish coating started to come off with a microfiber cloth and rubbing alcohol. I ended up removing all the thin rubbersih coating off the OK button and top.

Oh well. Here's the video and the crash. As usual YouTube butchered the quality ...

http://youtu.be/p2qHWPq-rAk
Nice video, i love the look of that white camera and props, looks awesome.
Jul 27, 2014, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by draco3
you are sure? i see there in datasheets of sensor an novatek coding ship, and see, a sensor support 1080p and lower in 60 fps, and novatek ship support h264 encoding on 720p and lower in 60 fps - as so i cannot see problems to get 720 and lower resolution modes on true 60 fps.
link to datasheets:
http://dashcamtalk.com/sj4000/

Novatek NT96650:
H.264/AVC Support Support encoder encoder CODEC
HP, BP/MP, level level 4.2
N
Support real-time capability for 1080p30, E720p60, 480p120

AR0330:

Active Readout
Sensor Output
(4-LaneMIPI/HiSPi
(Parallel
Mode
Aspect Ratio

1080p + EIS 16:9 2304 x 1296 60FPS
WVGA + EIS 16:9 2304 x 1296 1152 x 648 60FPS
WVGA + EIS 16:9 2304 x 1296 1152 x 648 120
Up again, bill can you please answer us?
It would be even better if you could persuade the manufacturer to release the fw with a FOSS licence. Open source is good for both users and sellers as the first can configure a product and the latter sells much more because people can add the function they need. There are many examples of this kind of business, for example the Turnigy 9X radio with OpenTX has been more than successful. This success lead the FRsky company to create a new radio with open software's developers and it was another success.
Make everyone happy, we can get more from the camera and you can increase your sells!
Jul 27, 2014, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elminno
That logic is questionable at least, as the HW is supposed to be capable of 1080p 60fps,
from where you get that? who say you that misinformation?

Quick Reply