This thread is privately moderated by Raymond-leflyr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 29, 2014, 10:31 AM
Hey, watch this!
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

My Departure

I was recently pondering my eventual demise and wondering how best my hobby cohorts may celebrate (?) my passing. Then in a flash of brilliance (as it often does) it came to me; a procession (a somber parade if you will).

Picture it; a line of pickup trucks (mini vans would be acceptable but no semi’s) slowly passing by the end of our driveway. Each one pauses briefly as my wife grabs handfuls of toy stuff and tosses it into the truck’s bed until the mourner beeps indicated that he/she has enough to mollify his/her grief (or there is no more room). The driver then rolls gloomily off (no wheelies or burning rubber – that would be disrespectful). Hark, is that the barely audible sound of melancholy bagpipes in the distance?

There are two major benefits to this plan; my pals would think of me fondly as they used (or sold) my many treasures, and my wife would finally be able to rid herself of all that “trash” in my playroom (garage, attic, and hidden under beds).
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2014, 03:28 PM
you ain't gang you can't hang
You. I like You.
Jan 31, 2014, 05:16 PM
Can I hook a trailer up to my truck?
Mar 04, 2014, 09:02 AM
Neither of my parents left much "residue." No books, not even a dictionary. Mom left some 78, 45, and 33 RPM records. I could hold all of them in both arms. My Dad left a couple decent cameras.

Me, I'm from the generation that will have been first to leave a lot of crap behind . I reckon it's several tons of books, LP records, music CDs, computers and accessories, and model airplanes.

I recall an occasion when I decided to be an environmentally conscientious citizen and take some computer stuff to recycle. At $0.35 per pound it cost me $105.00 to get rid of that stuff. When I told the recycle guy I could save $105 by putting the stuff into my trash, he shrugged.

In a similar vein, there was another occasion when my wife and I decided to clear out junk in our basement that we had moved from our previous house to our present house. We filled sixty-five (65.00) large, heavy gauge constructors plastic bags with crap. The math works out to eight bags per week for the trash people, thus eight weeks total to clear that stuff out of our lives. Of course, we have filled up the basement with more crap. Our heirs will not be pleased.

Jim R.
Mar 30, 2014, 11:16 PM
There really are guys who specialize in liquidating modeler's ...modeling stuff.
These guys who do this sort of thing for profit walk a thin line [in ethical terms].
There is a big difference between striking a bargain with a knowledgeable seller vs paying 5 cents on the dollar to some grief stricken widow who is in no position to know what this toy stuff is worth.

Quick Reply