Blade 200QX - Page 5 - RC Groups
Jan 30, 2014, 01:05 AM
High Tech Red Neck
Have you guy's noticed the "acorn" style nuts on the bottom of the motor pods? Do these hold the motors in?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2014, 01:07 AM
Tuk
Tuk
Add
Jan 30, 2014, 05:38 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2160
I am certain a DX6i will work fine, as it does for the 350QX.

But if you are thinking of buying a new 6 Channel radio, wait for the DX6.

Telemetry, Voice, wireless trainer link and Bearing Gimbals.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...mode-2-SPM6700
I wish they would use a name other than DX6.
DX6 was also the name of Spektrum's first 2.4Ghz radio: it used DSM (not DSM2 or DSMX) and got made obsolete when Spektrum switched to DSM2.
Jan 30, 2014, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razors edge 29
i'll be cancelling my xtreme eye one order

wait for this.
+1...
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Jan 30, 2014, 06:11 AM
Team Armattan
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
I wish they would use a name other than DX6.
DX6 was also the name of Spektrum's first 2.4Ghz radio: it used DSM (not DSM2 or DSMX) and got made obsolete when Spektrum switched to DSM2.
Yes I agree, doing a google search on DX6 will eventually bring up both versions.

Something like DX6S would have been better.
Jan 30, 2014, 06:29 AM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
Interesting...add...
Jan 30, 2014, 07:08 AM
above us only sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pequeajim
Renfield

What makes the 350QX a toy in your mind?
It wasn't intended as a disparaging comment. I fly a lot of toys. I still consider my Trex 450 a toy, even though I used it for commercial aerial photography way back before quads landed.

Just 'cause I'm old, I still play. My "toy box" is full of helis and planks. Now I'm flying a Nano QX and looking for a brushless solution without breaking the bank (read: diverting funds from other toys).

Cheers,
George
Jan 30, 2014, 09:15 AM
Oh no !!! Another quad to play with this spring/summer/fall ?? !!!!!!!

Stringfly <>+++++
Jan 30, 2014, 09:32 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
I think Blade is turning into Apple.
Apple releases a new product every 3 to 4 years and updates their phones every 12+ months. This is the 3rd new camera quad from Blade in 6 months. Add the Nano in there and you have 4 new and completely different quads in nine months.

I just dont understand how that is anything like Apple but I think this will probably be my next quad. I like it!
Last edited by SD One.; Jan 30, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Jan 30, 2014, 09:48 AM
Blade are really upping their game recently, and I really do like the look of this.

I've never really bothered with Blade/eFlite before now as I've always disliked their toyish looking canopies. The mQX and mCPX and a few others looked bloody terrible IMO.

From the nQX onwards and this one shown here, it looks like they're changing their ways.

I really like this a lot from the little I've seen!
Jan 30, 2014, 09:50 AM
High Tech Red Neck
I guess,no one Know's,or has any idea, of why this quad has nuts on the bottom of the motor pods?The excitement level is just too high at this point! My excitement level will rise, when the "second production run" is in stock,and available!
Jan 30, 2014, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog
I guess,no one Know's,or has any idea, of why this quad has nuts on the bottom of the motor pods?The excitement level is just too high at this point! My excitement level will rise, when the "second production run" is in stock,and available!
My guess is that if you wanted a sleeker look and not doing AP\FPV you could remove the landing skids and those nuts are molded rubber or plastic to act as secondary landing pods.
Jan 30, 2014, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog
Have you guy's noticed the "acorn" style nuts on the bottom of the motor pods? Do these hold the motors in?
What Massive stated..That is my speculation as well since they appear to be made of rubber and are lower than the bottom of the body. They probably screw into the frame arms so that you have another option if you decide to remove the landing legs.
Latest blog entry: Hubsan H107D Custom FPV Setup
Jan 30, 2014, 11:28 AM
High Tech Red Neck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
My guess is that if you wanted a sleeker look and not doing AP\FPV you could remove the landing skids and those nuts are molded rubber or plastic to act as secondary landing pods.
Thanks,MassiveOverkill! I never thought of that,but now that you mention it,that would be great! The long leg landing gear wouldn't be of any intrest for a sport/acro flyer!
Jan 30, 2014, 11:33 AM
High Tech Red Neck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbound
What Massive stated..That is my speculation as well since they appear to be made of rubber and are lower than the bottom of the body. They probably screw into the frame arms so that you have another option if you decide to remove the landing legs.
Yeah,that long landing gear is just ..........plain ugly! On a quad built this sleek! That would be the first thing a performance pilot would remove from the quad! If you were wanting to take video/pictures,then they would be great to protect the camera,but if I wanted to do that,I would just opt for the 350QX. It's kinda like putting mud flaps on a street rod! LOL! This looks a lot cleaner! Bad photo shop job though! LOL!
Last edited by Ron_Dog; Jan 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM.