Blade 200QX - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 29, 2014, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog
I don't think you will be too disappointed with the Alias! It's a hot little quad,and for a brushed motor quad,it's unbelieveable! The performance will knock your socks off!
Going to fly it this saturday at the local rc track, they have indoor flying on sat. mornings during winter. Can't wait.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2014, 02:25 PM
High Tech Red Neck
I was hoping they would do this with the Nano QX design! That would be one hot little quad!
Jan 29, 2014, 02:42 PM
Flyin' Ryan
This is the cutest quad EVER! hahaha I am definitely getting one!

This is everything I was hoping for in the 180QX.
Jan 29, 2014, 03:22 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing some additional specs to include payload capability...
Jan 29, 2014, 03:58 PM
Mini Obsessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko500
Figures. I just bought an Alias at my LHS last night. Really liked the 350QX but after thinking about price, where I'd be flying and what I wanted to do with it the Alias just seemed better for me. But this would be perfect too. Oh well.
I just about did that yesterday too. Then I hear about this and have the 180 and 350, now a brushless 200? Great!
Jan 29, 2014, 03:59 PM
Mini Obsessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
Hopefully one will be able to open it up and switch around the lights or lenses that determine the color to one's wishes. People are doing that with the Alias.
Easy to do on the 350.
Jan 29, 2014, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmypuncher
I'm looking forward to seeing some additional specs to include payload capability...
I guess something between 50g up to 100g .... Perfect for a small Mobius FPV plateform
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer
Jan 29, 2014, 04:40 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by simontan
Yea but once you figure in the cost of making it compatible with a Spektrum TX and having to deal with proprietary battery plugs and no local parts availability, the gap shrinks quite a bit.

Plus I really like the internal LED idea. Not as blinding as something like the Alias at night but still looks plenty visible. Anyone see if the $229 price is BNF or RTF?
If the $229 is the BNF price then you are right, taking into consideration the OneLink cost ++ for RC extreme, I will wait for the 200QX and my LHS is just 5 mins walk from my house.
Jan 29, 2014, 04:52 PM
I'm liking it very much also and I'm relieved that I did not pull the trigger on the 180 QX. My Bday is coming at the end of April. Guess what we wants?
Jan 29, 2014, 04:55 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Shoe
I'm liking it very much also and I'm relieved that I did not pull the trigger on the 180 QX. My Bday is coming at the end of April. Guess what we wants?
If it is delivered by April??
Jan 29, 2014, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis
If it is delivered by April??
I'll take a rain check if that is the case! Looks like it will be worth waiting for!
Jan 29, 2014, 05:11 PM
Rather Be flying or Tinkering
The 180QX was a let down and I didn't bite on it but this looks like what I really wanted.
I already have the RC-Logger Xtreme and enjoying it. It does however have it's share of issues and I wish I would have waited now.
Oh well, by May-June I will have the funds set aside for this
Jan 29, 2014, 05:14 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin

Buying just the 200 main board (and other parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama
Blade, etc. tends to have MAP (which is lower than msrp, but still highish) for the entire BNFs, RTFs, etc., but the parts do not seem to have MAP fortunately (for example, HH sell the 180 board for ~US$65, while often, one can buy it on ebay for ~US$45 from a regular parts seller).
My guess with the 200 is that some people will buy the 200 control board (at lower than HH prices) and connect it to some no-name frame and BL motors for a lower priced quad.
People (including myself) are already doing this with mQx and 180 boards (connect to v929, 959, etc. arms, motors and props, etc.).
For those into frankenquads and scratch-builds:
Preliminary 200 qx parts list and prices available at:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/webapp/w...pe=productgrid

The control board looks to be $66.32, which is similar to the 180 control board price (so guess at an eventual $45 to $50 price from some ebay vendors).
But with the 200, the ESCs are separate. 4in1 ESC is $71.99. Not sure if this is all 4 ESCs, or 1 of 4 ESCs, or if regular BL ESCs can be subsitituted in.

The BL motors are $30.59, but I would guess that other less expensive BL motors are usable on one's own build.
Jan 29, 2014, 05:23 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Do we know if this badboy is 2 or 3s? If not, can those with more experience in this size range speculate? If I could use my 1300mah 3s from my 300x on this I would be very happy, though I'm guessing it's 2s if it's the same class as the Xtreme One.
Jan 29, 2014, 05:41 PM
Always, against the wind
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel
The 180QX was a let down and I didn't bite on it but this looks like what I really wanted.
I already have the RC-Logger Xtreme and enjoying it. It does however have it's share of issues and I wish I would have waited now.
Oh well, by May-June I will have the funds set aside for this
I agree with you. I just posted on the Xtreme forum.