Apr 22, 2018, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmyers View Post
Hi Andy, could you expand a bit on the "if you set up your transmitter flight modes properly" statement? Does that simply mean doing things such as D/R and expo in the AR636 vs the TX as recommended or is there more to it than that?
Yes, and defining the tx FMs and rx FM to be the same switch/channel, and naming them appropriately in the tx.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2018, 01:31 PM
Gotcha, thank you!
Apr 22, 2018, 02:25 PM
Electric baptism 1975
I think "stability modes" = Rx
"flight modes" = Tx
Apr 22, 2018, 02:36 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Has the process of setting flaps changed & I failed to remember?

Using PC app 3.30 & AR 7350

In Tx I put 1 aileron 1 flap.
In Rx I put 2 aileron 2 flaps
Rx port assignment shows flaps on 5(R) & 7(L).

No flaps show on app surface adjustment view. (They do on iPhone).

Right flap operates with flap. If I change Tx to 2 flaps & reverse L flap, it works. I adjusted position O of L flap with sub trim & position 2 with balance. Now wondering if travel be better?

However the main point is I thought the Rx automatically sent the flap info to both ports.
Last edited by DavidN; Apr 22, 2018 at 03:07 PM.
Apr 22, 2018, 02:47 PM
BMFA 190658
The reciever doesn’t do any flap settings. Use a 2F wing type and set it up in the transmitter.
Apr 22, 2018, 05:08 PM
No bounce, No play.
Choose this and the App tells you to set 1AIL 2FLP in your tx.

Choose what you desire, the App should tell you what to do.
Apr 22, 2018, 07:52 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Thanks David I was using the PC app/program & didn't see that.
Apr 22, 2018, 07:55 PM
No bounce, No play.
Roger. I usually have the Rx installed by the time I get to this stage so the App is king.
Apr 23, 2018, 11:49 AM
OR65 Eagles Nest
Hope to be going thru the process of binding and setting up my new BNF Maule M-7 in the next few days.
This being the first of this style receiver I have attempted to setup or use is there anything special to know so I don't have any issues .
I got this plane because of this receiver so I can see how it works and get some experience with it before I start to use and or install the AR9350's that I purchased back in Dec 17 for other projects .
I also believe that the BNF Opterra uses the AR636 . I still need to get around to setting that plane up as well spring is finally here .
I got out flying for the first time this season yesterday ... Joined another club but had a great time .
Last edited by motorhead540; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:54 AM.
Apr 23, 2018, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540 View Post
Hope to be going thru the process of binding and setting up my new BNF Maule M-7 in the next few days.
This being the first of this style receiver I have attempted to setup or use is there anything special to know so I don't have any issues .
I got this plane because of this receiver so I can see how it works and get some experience with it before I start to use and or install the AR9350's that I purchased back in Dec 17 for other projects .
I also believe that the BNF Opterra uses the AR636 . I still need to get around to setting that plane up as well spring is finally here .
I got out flying for the first time this season yesterday ... Joined another club but had a great time .
If you no experience with an AS3X receiver, there's a lot to learn. Best place for me to start was the YouTube videos. Watch all of them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1s&v=LnYiKgrL_bU
Apr 23, 2018, 04:21 PM
Build'em and Crash'em
The videos are great , but when It comes to mixing I don't think its correct.

I tried what the video said, YAW mixed into AUX 3 and AUX 3 set as port 8 in port assignment and it doesn't work. I tried a number of variations and could not make it work.

Video says I dont have to set up the output in the mix , shows it left as IHN but I could not get it to work unless I also set output to port 8.

The help file on the android app shows setting the output to a port, while the video says its not needed. Once I set it up with the output to a port it would work.

I also found that the video covers the ability to switch the mix on and off with the gear setting, however it doesnt cover the fundemental requirement to turn the mix on even if you dont want to use a switch. It assumes you know this, but if using a swtich is not something you are going to do or you just havent gotten to that part yet then the mix wont work and you will not know why. I assumed since I was setting up the mix then it would work, on as default, why else would I set it up?

So the video covers some aspects of the mixing, but clearly is no substitute for a decent manual.

I also found that I had to open my andrioid app for the help file I needed, I did not see any help files on the PC version. So I needed the PC, the internet, and the cell phone to program the RX. Thats a bit much if you ask me.
Apr 23, 2018, 06:24 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN View Post
None of the above worked. I changed the cable as I had another. Bingo. Apparently I must have used the other one the successful time. Funny I thought I checked both connected.

Will recheck tomorrow, as busy tonight.
One cable is defective, it originally came packaged with a 7350 & audio cable. The working cable came with a 636 & was used to register all 3 +. I spoke to HH today, they are sending a replacement.
Apr 23, 2018, 07:30 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lapointe View Post
The videos are great , but when It comes to mixing I don't think its correct.

I tried what the video said, YAW mixed into AUX 3 and AUX 3 set as port 8 in port assignment and it doesn't work. I tried a number of variations and could not make it work.

Video says I dont have to set up the output in the mix , shows it left as IHN but I could not get it to work unless I also set output to port 8.

The help file on the android app shows setting the output to a port, while the video says its not needed. Once I set it up with the output to a port it would work.

I also found that the video covers the ability to switch the mix on and off with the gear setting, however it doesnt cover the fundemental requirement to turn the mix on even if you dont want to use a switch. It assumes you know this, but if using a swtich is not something you are going to do or you just havent gotten to that part yet then the mix wont work and you will not know why. I assumed since I was setting up the mix then it would work, on as default, why else would I set it up?

So the video covers some aspects of the mixing, but clearly is no substitute for a decent manual.

I also found that I had to open my andrioid app for the help file I needed, I did not see any help files on the PC version. So I needed the PC, the internet, and the cell phone to program the RX. Thats a bit much if you ask me.
I find the vids helpful to some degree but it seems they assume some level above beginner knowledge of the brands setup principles. I noticed what you apeak of a couple times but knew how to complete them.
Apr 24, 2018, 02:49 PM
Wandering IT geek
Has anyone had an AR7350 have the RPM sensor port go bad? I'll test it with a different engine/sensor this weekend but over the past weekend I lost all RPM telemetry from it to both the iX12 and DX9. I'd just replaced the sensor on the back of this motor so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue and I did bind it and do a Telemetry discover on the DX9 (after it quit working on the iX12) and again on the iX12.

If so is this something which is covered under Spektrum's warranty in the USA?
Apr 24, 2018, 03:04 PM
It would be a warranty thing, yes.

Did you put in the code to make the sensor port work properly?

Andy

Quick Reply