Mar 28, 2018, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
crow ... I don't think its possible from at least my experimentation in the 7350.
It is very much possible. I've done it on both 7350 and 9350s.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2018, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdub
It is very much possible. I've done it on both 7350 and 9350s.

Can you give me some guidance as to your settings. I would love to be able to do this on my plane. I'm using 2 aileron servos and one flap servo.
Mar 29, 2018, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_heli_flier
Can you give me some guidance as to your settings. I would love to be able to do this on my plane. I'm using 2 aileron servos and one flap servo.
Already did. Look here. I've covered the process a couple times in this thread.
Mar 29, 2018, 05:02 PM
I appreciate the help, but I just don't have enough info to get this working correctly. I set the rx to flaperon and transmitter to 1 ail 1 flap. I have the right aileron plugged into port 2, left aileron plug into port 6, and flap servo plugged into port 7. On the port assignment screen it shows the right aileron on port 2 and the left aileron on port 6. However, when it is assigned like that the left aileron barely moves and the right aileron moves a normal amount. They do move in opposite directions like they should. If I switch the left aileron to another port it works properly, which I do not understand at all since its not the port the actual servo is plugged into.
Also, I do not see "flaperon" setting anywhere in my transmitter except for wing type which I've been told should be set to 1 ail 1 flap.

If I could get screen shots of each rx setting screen for someone who has this working correctly I would truly appreciate it as it will take the guess work out for some of this.
Mar 29, 2018, 09:44 PM
I finally got crow to work. Part of it was my fault for trying to do it with a model I had made a few adjustments to in the transmitter. I started with a reset model and finally got it to work after fiddling with the settings. I will add what I did sometime this coming weekend, for now I'm too brain dead to do it! LOL
Thanks to everyone that added their help. All of that, combined with a little more tweaking, helped resolve it.
Mar 30, 2018, 06:34 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiore69
Thanks for the explanations, I also looked at your forum, the doubt is always on the fact that spektrum recommends doing all the mix in the receiver, "see photo" so I wonder if doing this throttle-ele mix in the d9 radio can cause problems .
I've got 191 flights on my Spitfire with no problems flying it this way since day 1. Although HH recommends doing gains, etc in the Rx, it also has recommendations for D/R setups in the Tx in the Spitfire manual. I've taken the US Navy attitude towards programming my birds. Unless it's actually forbidden, it's allowed. The values for my mixes will be different for different birds and CGs. But they work once you figure out what the best values are for your situation. You can test the setups on the ground to see if the basic setup is working. Once that's done, you can takeoff with the mixes OFF and then enable them at altitude to make sure the values are valid. If not, turn OFF the mix, land and adjust and try again.
Don
Mar 30, 2018, 09:08 AM
Fiore69, Don is correct. There are posts from Andy from Spektrum here explaining all mixing, rates etc are only programmed into the AR630. The 7350 and 9350 both should have mixing and rates in the Tx.

I can see how bind-and-fly planes benefit from having all of that pre-programmed in on those 4 thru 6ch models. I just wish it was consistent.
Mar 30, 2018, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddoucette
Fiore69, Don is correct. There are posts from Andy from Spektrum here explaining all mixing, rates etc are only programmed into the AR630. The 7350 and 9350 both should have mixing and rates in the Tx.
It all depends. The 7350/9350 can still benefit from mixing in the rx. You can do things there that can't be done from the rx. Try programming a taileron AND aileron plane like the FW SU-35 for example. You have to do the mixing in the rx to get roll AS3X on both surfaces. (I actually ran out of mixes/channels trying to get flaperons too - they help that Su35 w/ rotation at takeoff.) A recently mentioned throttle to elevator mix may be best done in the rx too. If you do the mix in the tx, the small elevator signal to the rx will cancel heading hold. Could get exciting at full throttle if you were expecting it to stay on. I have not tried that exact mix but I think using an rx mix should have the more desired effect of not canceling HH. Bottom line is the rx mixes avail in the 7350/9350 are quite powerful when needed and act differently than tx mixes.
Mar 30, 2018, 09:51 AM
Interesting. Now I’m Curious. I will defer to Andy as to if there are any consequences to be aware of. My understanding from Andy / Spektrum was as I noted and I believe due to how the AS3X algorithm interpreted surface control movement. Not sure though. Best to get the manufacturer’s take.
Apr 01, 2018, 12:30 AM
Beginner flight RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I've got 191 flights on my Spitfire with no problems flying it this way since day 1. Although HH recommends doing gains, etc in the Rx, it also has recommendations for D/R setups in the Tx in the Spitfire manual. I've taken the US Navy attitude towards programming my birds. Unless it's actually forbidden, it's allowed. The values for my mixes will be different for different birds and CGs. But they work once you figure out what the best values are for your situation. You can test the setups on the ground to see if the basic setup is working. Once that's done, you can takeoff with the mixes OFF and then enable them at altitude to make sure the values are valid. If not, turn OFF the mix, land and adjust and try again.
Don
Thank you very much I will do some proof,
Apr 02, 2018, 09:17 AM
Thread OP
Maybe someone already noticed, but I just checked the download page for my open stock AR636:
SPEKTRUM AR636 VERSION 2.27 (MARCH 15, 2018)

Changelog: First release of firmware supporting SAFE.

Whatever that means. Probably you can use SAFE for any plane with the 636 ? Maybe even forward programming, which should be released any day ?
Apr 02, 2018, 09:50 AM
Wandering IT geek
There's an update for the AR7350 as well. Says it fixes buggy RPM in some setups. Now I'm wondering if the RPM sensor I just dug out of the back of an IC engine was really bad ( it was displaying 20-30K RPM when in reality it was turning 18K) or if this update would have fixed it...
Apr 02, 2018, 09:57 AM
Electrif(r)ied nitroman
Saw that too and already updated 4 of my AR636's to version 2.27.
As far as I can see there's no V2.27 update for the other AS3X receivers at this moment.
Apr 02, 2018, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Maybe someone already noticed, but I just checked the download page for my open stock AR636:
SPEKTRUM AR636 VERSION 2.27 (MARCH 15, 2018)

Changelog: First release of firmware supporting SAFE.

Whatever that means. Probably you can use SAFE for any plane with the 636 ? Maybe even forward programming, which should be released any day ?
Did you notice that it DIDN'T say the release was for OPEN STOCK ONLY? Anyway, I did my 2 open-stock & my one "A" that came out of a totaled T-28. Maybe supporting SAFE means it CAN be used on all the "A" versions??

- Dave
Apr 02, 2018, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Since I only have the stock 636 I cannot verify if there is also an update for the various receivers from BNF models

Looks something is coming

Quick Reply