New AS3X Receivers AR9350, AR7350, AR636 and AR6335 WITH INTEGRATED TELEMETRY ! - RC Groups
Jan 29, 2014, 06:15 AM
Discussion

New AS3X Receivers AR9350, AR7350, AR636 and AR6335 WITH INTEGRATED TELEMETRY !

Everyone ranted to get a RX with integrated telemetry, now there will be one:

http://www.horizonhobby.de/fernsteue...spmar9350.html

I am wondering why there is a dedicated GPS port. Normally, the GPS is connected to XBUS like any sensor. Maybe there are features planned like RTH or something like that.

A nice, small package. I wonder how much it will cost. I think around 200$-250$.
Edit: http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR9350

Release November 2014, so probably next year. but the price looks interesting, 179$....

Edit: AR7350 and AR636 added. Very interesting, even the smallest one has integrated telemetry (you see the X-BUS connector on the Label)
Edit: AR6335 added, it belongs to the family.
Last edited by Mukenukem; Sep 26, 2015 at 03:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 29, 2014, 12:36 PM
Yes!!!

I'm thinking this is part of "forward programming".
Jan 29, 2014, 12:50 PM
any new telemetry sensors to report?
Jan 29, 2014, 01:12 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
The 9350 will solve quite a few problems I'm having with a drone project I can't talk about, and the 7350 will make my MultiWii Raptor project much easier to deal with. It would be nice if it has PPM out, but I'll deal with that later (what's one more uC when there are already 4 on the thing?). Anyone hear any details about which incarnation of AS3X is on them?

I predict that these, and the new DX6, will be very popular. As in, preorder now if you want any within a month or two of release.
Jan 29, 2014, 01:46 PM
You talk a lot about your unmentionable drone project

Andy
Jan 29, 2014, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Shh!! It's a secret.
Jan 29, 2014, 04:45 PM
From the German site:

The new generation of range AS3X receivers opened up a whole new world of precision and stability in the model airplane. The system can be used in almost every model from the Model Hangar. They are compatible with all Spektrum DSM2/DSMX- or JR DSM transmitters. They can be programmed easily available via the PC at home or on the road available via mobile devices. Future via versions of the spectrum Airware software will also enable the programming available via the transmitter.

Features:

Programming cable for PC or mobile devices *
Three AS3X modes: Off, conventional values, Heading Hold
AVAILABLE Mixer: flaperon / Dual aileron, delta / elevon
V-tail and double elevator
Servo adjustment: Sub trim, servo travel, and more Wegumkehr
Adjustable gain on all channels
Built-in telemetry functions
* The PC software is available as a free download on spektrumrc.com at your disposal. Mobile devices can download a free app in the App Store.

Now we are talking!
Jan 29, 2014, 05:11 PM

Useable with gas engines?

Andy,
Do you know if these receivers will be able to used with gas engines, or are they electric power only as with the previous AS3X receivers? So far there is zero info on the HH website other than the product announcement.
Thanks, Travis
Jan 29, 2014, 05:13 PM
At least if the programming also works with other devices like I-toys, it's fine. I wonder if you need a Bluetooth dongle for programming. But this is all marketing talk, let's see what really makes it into the product.
Jan 29, 2014, 06:24 PM
Rekitter of fine aircraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
Not this one. It has nothing in common with the Raptor, which I do talk about, beyond some shared electronics and the fact that they're both aircraft.
Jan 29, 2014, 06:50 PM
Eat-Sleep-Work-Fly-Repeat
What is the details on the telemetry functions of this new receiver?
Jan 29, 2014, 06:55 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Well looking at the pictures provided in the first post it looks like they would have the same functions/sensors capability the TM1000 has making this Fuul telemetry built-in.

This is only my opinion and guess based on the pictures provided and information floating around in the numerous threads recently started and already existing that talk about all these new products recently annouced.
Jan 29, 2014, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot
Andy,
Do you know if these receivers will be able to used with gas engines, or are they electric power only as with the previous AS3X receivers? So far there is zero info on the HH website other than the product announcement.
Thanks, Travis
I'm hoping that we're not losing too much in the translation, but this appears to mean that virtually every Hanger 9 model will be supported, and we all know a significant % of those are gas/glow.

"The system can be used in almost every model from the Model Hangar."
Jan 29, 2014, 07:14 PM
AMA member since May 2013
I should announce all my purchases as they are always made a week before a product introduction like this OR a huge sale. If I could only say NO I"LL WAIT, but I can't.
I was going to buy the GPS module this week, but I WON"T now.
Jan 29, 2014, 07:28 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Why not? Even if stated as built in telemetry it does mean that all the sensors are included or built in, by the looks of it you can and will still plug your GPS sensor in these new receivers.

Surely if you don't need to have it now Waiting can be good in this case with all the new stuff annouced.