Apr 24, 2021, 05:02 PM
I just powered up, set flaps switch to no flaps, full rates, everything centered, throttle cut, and then connected the battery to the plane. Well, beep, beep, ....beep,. (for 6s), ...........then a full 5 minutes later it finally linked to the plane. All while the plane was exactly level on a pool table, and the transmitter with antenna pointed away about 4 foot distance and also completely still.

That didn't work any better. I'm still thinking this is a receiver will some failure. This behavior does not occur on other Eflite planes I have like my T28. Beep, beep...linked. Bad AR636A?
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2021, 05:48 PM
What is your frame rate selection on your TX....and do you have digital or analog servos? Just shooting in the dark here.
DB
May 04, 2021, 07:48 AM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
Don't know whether this thread is correct for the AR637TA, but nevertheless maybe Andy can help.
I was offered an new, unflown Night Timber X PNP, which has an AR636A installed. Because of telemetrie I need an AR637T in it (which obviously comes with the BNF version). I would not like to buy an AR637T and do all the neccessary programming manually, so is it possible to get a preprogrammed AR637TA for the Night Timber X from Horizonhobby? I've mailed to horizonhobby.de regarding this question, but probably it will be difficult to get a quick answer from them (I've to tell the seller til Friday whether I will buy it or not).
May 04, 2021, 09:11 AM
This is the wrong thread, but I know the answer. The correct thread is https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3351271

We can only provide pre-programmed AR637TA for planes that we already ship with that receiver. We don't have a way to program a 637 for a plane we sell with a 636.

However, you will be doing yourself a great service to get an AR637T and program it yourself. It isn't hard, and the learning will come in handy in the future.

Andy
May 04, 2021, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
This is the wrong thread, but I know the answer. The correct thread is https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?3351271

We can only provide pre-programmed AR637TA for planes that we already ship with that receiver. We don't have a way to program a 637 for a plane we sell with a 636.

However, you will be doing yourself a great service to get an AR637T and program it yourself. It isn't hard, and the learning will come in handy in the future.

Andy
Even though the wrong thread I will add that Spektrum and several other folks have done some excellent videos on YouTube showing how to do the forward programming. Just make sure that your TX firmware is up to date and you should be good to go. The BNF does come with the AR637TA so maybe you can get one pre-programmed but doing the forward programming is not hard.
Last edited by Flyindy; May 04, 2021 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added info
May 04, 2021, 10:49 AM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfrcgroups
Don't know whether this thread is correct for the AR637TA, but nevertheless maybe Andy can help.
I was offered an new, unflown Night Timber X PNP, which has an AR636A installed. Because of telemetrie I need an AR637T in it (which obviously comes with the BNF version). I would not like to buy an AR637T and do all the neccessary programming manually, so is it possible to get a preprogrammed AR637TA for the Night Timber X from Horizonhobby? I've mailed to horizonhobby.de regarding this question, but probably it will be difficult to get a quick answer from them (I've to tell the seller til Friday whether I will buy it or not).
I would stay with the AR636
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...elect-Receiver
May 04, 2021, 11:45 AM
Have a great museum day! TB54L
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz

Andy
TX Andy! As always I appreciate your help!
But the Night timber X as an BNF version (EFL13850) is shipped with the AR637TA :-) I think, the seller has bought an Night Timber X PNP (EFL13875) and then additionally bought an 636a for it. IMHO there is no other difference between an EFL13850 or the EFL13875 then the missing RX, isn't it?
Meanwhile I also got an answer from a nice guy at horizonhobby.de, who confirmed that they would be able to send me an preprogrammed 637T for an EFL13850. That would be probably the quickest way to get in the air, but nevertheless I should take time afterwards to learn about the forward programming. The main reason for a preprogrammed RX is the initially correctly set gains for stabilization etc (hopefully).

@ror1
- the 636 does not have telemetry, which is always very helpful when flying FPV
Last edited by ralfrcgroups; May 04, 2021 at 11:56 AM.
May 21, 2021, 10:37 AM
Build'em and Crash'em
Is there a simple way to turn the AS3X gyro in the AR9350 Rx on and off from the transmitter?
May 21, 2021, 10:46 AM
Create a flight mode in the receiver with the gains set to 0.

Or

Put the gains on a variable input of some sort in the transmitter, and set the output down to 0 when you flip the switch you want.

Andy
May 21, 2021, 10:49 AM
They all come down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lapointe
Is there a simple way to turn the AS3X gyro in the AR9350 Rx on and off from the transmitter?
You can programm three flightmodes which you can change with the tx. Programm one without values, that's the one without gyro.
May 21, 2021, 05:11 PM
You will a cable to program the 9350 but you should already have that if you have a 9350
Jun 13, 2021, 10:44 PM
So I have scanned and searched this form. Only way to get temp and rpm is to connect so ting like the TM1000
Jun 14, 2021, 01:56 AM
They all come down
Not to ARx350 family, as they have a xbus connector. If you use unisense you get a complete set of sensors (altimeter, used mAh, rpm, temp (I think) flightpack volt,) in one unit, usable on xbus.
Jun 14, 2021, 02:20 AM
BMFA 190658
I’m going to lookup that Unisense
Sounds ideal if it will couple to a 637
Jun 14, 2021, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Man
So I have scanned and searched this form. Only way to get temp and rpm is to connect so ting like the TM1000
The TM1000 functionality is, to more or less degree, integrated into the receivers now. There is no more need for TM1000.

Andy

Quick Reply