Sep 29, 2019, 10:27 AM
No bounce, No play.
All correct there I believe myers
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2019, 06:13 AM
I had a thought the other day that a downside to not having a piston up the front of a model was the engine noise feedback was useful for knowing if the model was losing or gaining airspeed (provided tuning was ok and the throttle was not moved). Having used the variometer in a glider I thought perhaps the same audible feedback could be gained from airspeed telemetry. Looking at the manual for the telemetry pitot airspeed indicator it doesn't look like it is available.

Any chance to add the feature to have airspeed = tone, airspeed change = tonal change?
Sep 30, 2019, 08:19 AM
Cool idea!

Andy
Sep 30, 2019, 04:47 PM

Programmer software application

Firstly I've tried searching this forum but there are rather a lot of posts to catch up on!
I couldn't find an answer to this (didn't quite know what to put in the search box)...

I've an AR636 in a Timber X.
Downloaded the Spektrum Programmer software V3.4 for my PC

When I connect the SPMA3065 and run the program it starts up OK and I can read my RX
I was following the How To videos and got to the one explaining gain/priority.

In this it mentions setting heading gain, but I cannot see this function in the PC software.
A You Tube video showed V3.1 and in the screen shot there was the ability to set heading gain.
This was with no receiver connected and I cannot see this in my PC application.
I even loaded V3.1 and it does not show like in the YT video.

What am I missing or doing wrong that I appear to not be able to set heading gain.

I see that on my DX9 screen there is the ability to change rate, heading and show actual values.
This appears to be working correctly with my model.

Also are there any settings I can check / make for safe mode on the AR636?

Any pointers to where I can get a bit of help?

Thanks
Dave.
Sep 30, 2019, 05:11 PM
BMFA 190658
Does the Timber X have SAFE?

If so then that is why Heading Hold is not adjustable.
It’s like SAFE receivers (software version 2.xx I think) use the HH code space for the SAFE programming, but that isn’t adjustable.

Tony
Last edited by SilentPilot; Oct 02, 2019 at 12:19 PM.
Oct 01, 2019, 02:18 AM
Yes, it does have SAFE. Thanks Tony
Oct 01, 2019, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Cool idea!

Andy
Although going outside the bounds of this thread is the concept applicable to the new generation of Rx's and ESC's using motor rpm data to drive the tone?
Oct 01, 2019, 07:39 AM
Yes.

Andy
Oct 02, 2019, 04:45 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave#13
, , ,

Also are there any settings I can check / make for safe mode on the AR636?

Any pointers to where I can get a bit of help?

Thanks
Dave.
Tony is right. But if you want to do some programming not available using SPS, you might find flightengr's SMB program HERE worth a look. It would involve changing the SW to a non-SAFE 1.XX Version and back again to the 2.30 SAFE version.
Don
Oct 02, 2019, 05:34 PM
Modeling Retread
Andy,

I have an AR9350 that I will be using with my DX8G2. As I recall from reading in this thread, I can use ch 9 for Flight Mode. Is that right?
Oct 03, 2019, 03:54 AM
BMFA 190658
Not with an 8ch transmitter!
Oct 03, 2019, 06:12 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Rx can respond to ch 10 as long as Tx can transmit it. ie. 10,12,18,20. Not DX9 or less.
Oct 03, 2019, 06:28 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRW3
Andy,

I have an AR9350 that I will be using with my DX8G2. As I recall from reading in this thread, I can use ch 9 for Flight Mode. Is that right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Rx can respond to ch 10 as long as Tx can transmit it. ie. 10,12,18,20. Not DX9 or less.
I had read the AR636 could be programmed to use channels 5-9 for FMs, as long as the Tx can transmit that high.

But I haven't read any hidden channels concerning the 7 or 9Ch Rxs. So the AR9350 can use up to channel 10 for FMs. Does anyone know if the AR7350 can use up to channel 10 or is it limited to channels 5-7 for FMs?
Don
Oct 04, 2019, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Tony is right. But if you want to do some programming not available using SPS, you might find flightengr's SMB program HERE worth a look. It would involve changing the SW to a non-SAFE 1.XX Version and back again to the 2.30 SAFE version.
Don

Thanks Don, good info there!
Dave.
Oct 04, 2019, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
I had read the AR636 could be programmed to use channels 5-9 for FMs, as long as the Tx can transmit that high.

But I haven't read any hidden channels concerning the 7 or 9Ch Rxs. So the AR9350 can use up to channel 10 for FMs. Does anyone know if the AR7350 can use up to channel 10 or is it limited to channels 5-7 for FMs?
Don
It would be pretty stupid of us to force you to put the FM channel on a servo channel, making a higher product less useful than a lower product.

The reason for channel 10 was because you got 10 channels from all radios, even if you had configured it for 11ms operation. The transmitter may only be putting channel data on 6 channels, but at the RF level it was still sending 10.

Andy

Quick Reply